Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moyes has played down all the comments by the media that mentioned Europe and siding with those Pundits and reporters that have predicted Evertons soon demise. After this weekends momentous win against Liverpool, he has demanded the Media to respect our achievements and look at Everton as a contender.

Moyes talks up Everton
Sun 12 Dec, 9:37 AM

Everton manager David Moyes insists his "small and committed" side have every right to be considered serious title contenders after a momentous Merseyside derby victory.

Lee Carsley's sweet second-half winner settled the 200th Merseyside derby in the Toffees' favour to earn them their first win over Liverpool at Goodison Park for seven years.

The win opened up a 12-point gap between Everton and Liverpool, moved Moyes' team up to second in the Premiership and he believes they have now earned the right to be taken seriously.

"I hope I can continue to give these fans days like this and I don't believe any other club second in the table at this stage would not be considered serious challengers," the Scot said. "It will be marvellous if it continues and if it was anyone else, everybody would consider it right to say we were in the mix.

"People have said it can't happen, that we haven't got the resources. But why can't we prove it can be done with a small, committed squad? This win is very, very satisfying. This was our first derby win in five years and our first home derby success in seven years.

"That surely shows the progress this club has made with a tremendously committed bunch of players who are really working for each other. That is a big thing for us to say. They are a fantastic bunch of lads that I am proud to manage. It is a massive jump to the big boys, but by hook or by crook we are doing all we can to bridge it without having the finances."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts