Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next year will be even tougher than this. Just think of the coming Serie A with a Lazio team full of confidence and the very exiting Roma team Capello is building. Then ad the tough matchers in CL. Juventus will need to do even better in the coming season.
Hopefully we will get Cresbo (PLEASE!) – and then again we might not. But ether way we will still be left with a problem. If Cresbo comes he will probably take the place of Inzaghi and play alongside Del Piero.
Last season we where the team with the most shots on goal in Serie A and despite that we only scored 46 goals compared to Lazio’s 64 and Milan’s 65. The reason we where so damn close to the scudetto where our brilliant defense and massive midfield – not our forwards! Inzaghi’s 15 goals where OK. But 15 goals is not enough when he is the only forward scoring goals.
In my view the problem is not Inzaghi – but Del Piero (I know I’m gonna get hell for this). Del Pieros one (!) goal from open play is not good enough for a striker. Just picture where we would have been if Del Piero had made 15 open play goals?
Of course, it is not so simple that we can just bench DP – he’s way too good! and way too important for the team!

Buying a new striker is not the solution. Ether DP starts scoring more goals or he’s should bee moved back on the midfield. Del Piero’s genius is the assists and his participation in the offensive play and as a offensive midfielder just behind Inzaghi/Cresbo (or Cresbo/Kova or Anelka/Kova or …..) Juventus would get the full effect of Del Piero and still have two effective and powerful strikers in and around the box.

But moving Del Piero back will course problems on the midfield. It will mean moving Zidane back on the central midfield and might damage the balance on the midfield.
So that is your thoughts on this? Please tell me why I’m wrong and not just, that I’m a goddamn moron :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, you'll probably going to catch hell from everybody, but you're still right :) With the big-money purchase of Kovacevic, I would have thought that Del Piero's evolution into a playmaker AMC in the mold of Baggio would have been natural; instead we see Pippo and Kova being rotated in the lineup (which consequently caused friction). Personally, I think that either Inzaghi should be sold to allow for a Del Piero-Kova strike force, or go for a simpler route: drop Del Piero just behind the two of them. Davids would become a DMC coming forward, and I guess Zizou could be given a free role of sorts similar to how Real Madrid played McManaman in the CL Final against Valencia. Or (here's where I invite everyone to skewer me), Zizou could be sold. It's been said that he wanted to leave, and seeing as injuries have slowed him down somewhat, this could provide Juve a chance to profit hugely off of a declining superstar.
I think Alex has kind of evolved into his role anyway.

Oh, and that thing Ulrik said about "please tell me why I’m wrong and not just, that I’m a goddamn moron" applies for me as well :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Please Shut up. DP in midfield,hell no!!! I dont like it and more importantly he doesn't. He'll get back to scoring goals. Alessandro Del Piero the most talented and Greatest Soccer Player in The World. If it wasnt for the injuries starting from CL final against Madrid he wouldve been at his potential best-and thats better than the rest. Give him time. If UR a Juve fan then UR also a DP fan, so u wouldnt be saying **** like that.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Don`t forget that Del Piero assited Inzaghi most of the 15 goals he scored.

I agree that Del Piero should play in Zidane`s position, the game against Inter was the best game this year up in front.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
A.Del: Now that wasnt a nice way to welcome these fellow juventini!

Anyways, Ulrik and Sabugo, Welcome! :)

Don't worry about A.Del, he is kinda retarted! Joking! :)

Cant say I agree with you on moving DP back. Dont think he'll work as a midfielder. Maybe as a support behind two strikers but there we have Zizou, and NO Zizou is going nowhere! We will weaken our team by doing that, we must strength it! He stays! This season wasnt what I expected from DP, but I am sure he'll do better with the upcoming season. I think Juve should buy a new striker. Now there is talk about Crespo and Recoba. I prefer Crespo but it seems that he will join the Laziali. I want Crespo to partner DP, DP gives excellent assists, so there problem solved! It'll probably be lots of goals when we have DP and Zizou giving the ball on a silver plate to Crespo. So get Crespo and play DP where he already is! If we cant get him, go for Recoba, he isnt to satisfied in Inter. Hmm, well, dont have much more to say! :)

Adioz!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I think DP is a playmaker and he should play behind the strikers. Zidane, Davids, Zambrotta and maybe if we can get a top left midfielder and DP behind Crespo and Salas/Kovacevic etc...

------------------
CUG

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
A.Del you seem to be very pro-del piero. Anyway i understand, and i agree with you.. Del Piero prefers to be a forward. He's just couldn't score enough last season. However, we mustnt forget that while Inzaghi scored 15, Del Piero scored 9. The nine goals may not have been impressive for Del Piero's standards, but don't forget JUVE got those 9 goals. Just because 8 of them were penalties doesn't mean ANYTHING if you look at it a certain way. I agree about the Zidane free role thing though. It could be interesting..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts