Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 2490 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this thread people can post about anything to do with movies. This could be their favourite movies, actors/actresses, phrases, etc etc. You could even post about legendary characters such as Tony Montana, Rocky Balboa, Maximus Desimus Maridias, Kara Murat or even Saban.

I want to start with a few questions:

1) Who will watch the new Hababam Sinifi??

I want to watch it, but I'm worried this movie will be very terrible. I doubt this movie will be upto Hababam standards:rolleyes: . As some of you already know, I love the Hababam movies so much that I named my team Hababam. This movie will have appearances from some of the legendary characters such as, Duduk Necmi and Dom Dom. However most the characters won't be appearing. These include Inek saban (Allah Rahmet Eylesin:depress: ), Tulum Hayri and Damat Ferit. I'm not sure if Sener Sen is in this movie:confused: I hope he is..:)

2) Who is the better actor Robert De Niro or Al Pacino??

3) Name a few of your favourite Turkish and American movies??

btw, I'm really sorry if this has been posted before...:depress:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Tolga said:
Just quickly, Al Pacino is better than De Niro... But then...
Click
I like them both.....but there is something special with Al......most of his performances is in Oscar class level......i love the guy!

But respect to De Niro too....an awesome actor!

Favourite Turkish....hmm....that must be all Kara Murat movies....;)

American.....off hard to say

Best action: Matrix I
Best comedy: Dumb Dumber
Best science fiction: Star ship troopers/Star Wars
Best romantic: titanic
Best drama: 4th of July
prison movie: Shawshank Redemption
Best triology: Lord of the rigns
Best boxing movie: Rocky I, II, III, IIII
Best true story: A beautiful mind
Best has it all movie (comedy, romance, action): Braveheart

:happy:

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Best action: The Lord Of The Rings
Best comedy: The Lord Of The Rings
Best science fiction: The Lord Of The Rings
Best romantic: The Lord Of The Rings
Best drama: The Lord Of The Rings
prison movie: The Lord Of The Rings
Best triology: The Lord Of The Rings it self
Best true story: The Lord Of The Rings :D
Best has it all movie (comedy, romance, action): The Lord Of The Rings

:D :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
:eek: FREAK!!!:D :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Omg Burhan i just read your signature:howler: :D

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
BeastGS said:
:howler: you girls are all same at technology :D
Man, the Internet companies technicians are just as bad as Öz!! (or sorry, should I say "Öznur is just as good as the Internet company technicians" ? :tongue: )

Optusnet... Bunch of wankers :rollani:

Listen to this.. They try to install a network card for me, and they work for about 2 hours..
Finally, they say "there's something wrong with YOUR system, take it to the shop and someone will do the job for between $100-150"..
I kick them out of my house, and then see what I can do about it..

They didn't insert the network card into the PCI port properly... Half of it was hanging out :howler:

It took them 2 hours, and they couldn't figure that out :D
And then they say it's beyond their work, and it'll cost me $150 to get it fixed :howler:

·
3,578 Posts
Tolga said:
Man, the Internet companies technicians are just as bad as Öz!! (or sorry, should I say "Öznur is just as good as the Internet company technicians" ? :tongue: )

Optusnet... Bunch of wankers :rollani:

Listen to this.. They try to install a network card for me, and they work for about 2 hours..
Finally, they say "there's something wrong with YOUR system, take it to the shop and someone will do the job for between $100-150"..
I kick them out of my house, and then see what I can do about it..

They didn't insert the network card into the PCI port properly... Half of it was hanging out :howler:

It took them 2 hours, and they couldn't figure that out :D
And then they say it's beyond their work, and it'll cost me $150 to get it fixed :howler:
damn! :howler: :howler:
its just like our central heating mechanic. The radiator in my room was not working and i called him to take a loot at. He came and worked about 1 hour and than said "we have to change it." I said ok but suddenly i realized something, the valve of radiator was closed i had forgat to open it :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Burhan, I've never even heard of that movie... Lord of the Rigns? :D

I'm looking forward to Hababam too, although I also doubt them matching up to the real original movies... (I don't really like the spin off ones with Ilyas Salman, neither do I like the one with Yonca Evcimik and M.A. Erbil who tried to milk the success of its predecessors..) I'm also looking forward to 'Okul' too, which is said to be a teenage comedy/horror movie - I'm just curious as to how they'll do it, they'll probably do what Turks do best and copy Scream or possibly Scary Movie :D

I personally prefer De Niro to Pacino, although Scarface is one of my all time faves...

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
De Niro is a great actor..

But I can't rate him at the level Pacino's at... Al Pacino gives so much to every role he takes on, and nearly every performance is pure brilliance..

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
De Niro has a better aura about him in my view. Plus, you don't get De Niro playing in movies such Frankie and Sally (or whatever it's called) :tongue:

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
Jemster said:
De Niro has a better aura about him in my view. Plus, you don't get De Niro playing in movies such Frankie and Sally (or whatever it's called) :tongue:
De Niro's shown some versatility with his late switch to comedy...

And notice that I said "nearly every performance" :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Jemster said:
Dude, you should see the movies De Niro has played in....:D

Jane Fonda and Robert DeNiro star in this working class drama as Stanley and Iris, who are both employees at the same New England bakery. The two--who have never met even though they work together--come together when Stanley bumps into Iris on the street right after her purse is stolen. He offers to walk her home, and the two soon learn that they have much more in common than just their place of work; they both have tremendously trying personal lives. However, when Iris learns that Stanley is illiterate, she inadvertently gets him fired from his job, prompting Stanley, who is coming to grips with his handicap for the first time, to ask Iris if she will help him learn to read. In order to convey a sense of what being illiterate is like, director Martin Ritt infuses the film with a tremendous feeling for its locale, a small New England town, emphasizing Stanley's feeling of isolation as he goes about his daily business without being able to read. Of course, DeNiro's amazing performance as Stanley helps too, and, as Iris, Fonda plays wonderfully against him, making the film a great romance as well as a great drama.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Ah, that was before he was famous :tongue: Plus, he did it as a favour to Jane Fonda who needed a big name to finally get a few viewers to a movie of hers. De Niro is a compassionate guy.. :D

·
3,578 Posts
Jemster said:
Burhan, I've never even heard of that movie... Lord of the Rigns? :D
how come u havent? Its a story about a Lord which has a thing called rign. He found it somewhere and trying to find what is a rign. This is the story :D :D

copy paste sux :rolleyes: :tongue:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
What about these?

:)D )

:)D)

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Burhan, I'd be careful with all that ring talk... People may get the wrong idea... :D

Cengo, what's your point? Analyze This (even though I don't like De Niro in degrading roles such as this :fero: :D ) did well in the box office and Show Time (although it was poor, largely due to Eddie Murphy's crap performance :tongue: ) did OK too. As for the rest, can't you see the critics loved them, especially the "sweeping spectacle" that was The Mission :D :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
The point was you haveing a go at my main man Al......:D

I think i can rest my case now....:tongue:

1 - 20 of 2490 Posts