Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say Mourinho's signing have been a real waste Quaresma,Mancini and Muntari we all know they haven't all lived up to the hype.But really what is your honest take on this and I'm not being smart but wanting to know what your thoughts honestly are ok.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Beating a dead horse. ....

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beating a dead horse. ....
No offence if this thread has caused such a stir or anything ot wasn't my intention,if you want to close it it's fine with me sorry again.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yeah, it was horrilbe, Mourinho basically bought players to try to play 433 and it did not work out.

Hopefully, Inter will act smarter and purchase a few players that fit in Inter's Diamond formation

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Transfer season was a disaster, enough said. This summer has to be better or else.....
Mourinho knows what formation works. I have no doubt he'll get the right players this time around, he better.

1 dynamic powerful central midfielder + 1 midfielder with good attacking instincts please.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Is this a joke?

433, spending everything on useless wingers rings a bell?
Again only quoting the part you liked and which you can bash?

Mourinho knows what formation works. I have no doubt he'll get the right players this time around, he better.

1 dynamic powerful central midfielder + 1 midfielder with good attacking instincts please.
That's his full quote. Meaning pun knows that Mourinho was wrong this summer with his buys to build the 433.

·
Registered
32,707 Posts
85% percent of all Inter signings fail anyway. The management were stupid to lash out €60m.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
LOL @ Azzkikr....did you even read the whole sentence or do you just read the first part and wet your pants and race to type up a response? LOL

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Beating a dead horse:thumbsup: but the question is more who do we buy? who is available?

Cambiasso/Zannetti will still be in the midfield so I would say...

DM=?

AM=?

And also I think someone said before on this forum (I cant remember who)....that players who succeed at Inter may be failures elsewhere and expensive players who succeed elsewhere tend to fail here...I know...not literally but you get the point...Maicon/Cambiasso/Santon/Balotelli all were unheralded or primavera...Samuel was pretty good business...Zlatan I think is the only big signing who has fullfiled his potential in the recent past....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know how many people are aware of this, that Mancio was pushing the club to buy Cassano, Hamsik, Yaya Toure and Pato when they were priced at 5m euro each (Pato at 6.5m euro). The management was dumb enough to refuse all these requests, but thank god they at least agreed with Mancio on Maicon.

Recently I read an interview with Giuseppe Baresi who confirmed that Inter missed the chance to sign Pato when he was 16. And like some kind of a redemption, finally the club signed Coutinho at 3.8m euro when he's 16 last year...

When people criticise Mancio on his transfers, they just don't take into the account that they are criticising the compromised proposals between him and the club. The best example is no other than Suazo. Based on their painful historical lessons, Moratti and Blanca's rule number one is not spending on players without experience in Serie A. While everyone agrees Inter needs a quality speedy player (better than Martins in other words) upfront in 2007, there was just no better choice than Suazo, period.

And when Moratti and Blanca finally ventured out of their castle, being pushed by Mourinho, what did they get? Quaresma!!!

I'm not sure how good or bad Mourinho will behave in the transfer market this summer, but I'm pretty sure even if he does it right, he will get it right in the PRICY way.

Mancio is much better than him on buying, my final answer.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL @ Azzkikr....did you even read the whole sentence or do you just read the first part and wet your pants and race to type up a response? LOL
Who is Azzikikr now Morierinho??:confused:

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Mourinho will try for his old chelsea buddies once more, thats for sure.

Then when he cant get them he will sign a couple of muntaris from the epl again and everyone will be laughing at him once more.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I don't know how many people are aware of this, that Mancio was pushing the club to buy Cassano, Hamsik, Yaya Toure and Pato when they were priced at 5m euro each (Pato at 6.5m euro). The management was dumb enough to refuse all these requests, but thank god they at least agreed with Mancio on Maicon.
There were so many players linked ... you probably could pick the significant ones based on hindsight. (after they did well) Coaches have their preferred ones, but it doesnt mean that they ALL be purchased. They also have plan B and Plan C etc. It would be ridiculous to think that they only have ONE particular choice.

Wome ZeMaria were Mancini's choices, no. Aparecido Cesar? Stankovic? Veron? Davids? etc... (eh Choutos)

Nothing wrong with those.. Not all can function well.

Just like Mourinho got Muntari instead of First choice Lampard. You may want to say that Managment screwed up because Lampard is performing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There were so many players linked ... you probably could pick the significant ones based on hindsight. (after they did well) Coaches have their preferred ones, but it doesnt mean that they ALL be purchased. They also have plan B and Plan C etc. It would be ridiculous to think that they only have ONE particular choice.

Wome ZeMaria were Mancini's choices, no. Aparecido Cesar? Stankovic? Veron? Davids? etc... (eh Choutos)

Nothing wrong with those.. Not all can function well.

Just like Mourinho got Muntari instead of First choice Lampard. You may want to say that Managment screwed up because Lampard is performing.
Wome, Veron, Davids were free, ZeMaria was 1.5m, ACesar cost us Quadri and Siqueira, Stankovic was 4.5m. Choutos was also free, but I can be wrong.

These all happened during 04 and 05, when Moratti was having huge financial problems. Can any one do any better than Mancio with the same limited budget? (actually no budget at all in 04) I seriously doubt that. And don't forget we get Cambiasso and JCesar for free at the same time!!!

If Mourinho's mistakes were as cheap as the ones you have mentioned, I won't say a word. Sadly they are not. I don't even want to imagine what will happen to our beloved club if these kind of EXPENSIVE mistakes repeat a few more times.

·
Registered
32,707 Posts
Mancio wasn't responsible for signing JC and Cambiasso. He was responsible for Suazo and all the Laziali, though.

Inter signing players will always most likely turn out to be a mistake, the more money spent, the worse it gets. If Mancio had been given €60, he'd have wasted most of it too.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts