Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a discussion in the Liverpool forum:

Who in your opinion is the better manager out of these two??

Please give reasons for your vote.

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree, i wouldn't even let him manager in the conference!

Gerard Houllier IMO, is the worst manager currently active in ANY of the top leagues in Europe.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
The Liverpool players coached by Mourinho would wipe the floor with the same players coached by Houllier.

Absoloute bloody massacre.

Football is the same game whether played in Portugual or in England and Mourinho's teams plays an infinitely better style and intelligence.

Plus I'd love to see Deco more regularly and him in Liverpool could take care of that nicely :)

·
1st Tier Poster
49,286 Posts
Houllier has a good eye for young talent and is not bad at transfer market, but he is average as a manager.He should do a different job - director of football or youth coach or something along these lines.He failed with Les Bleus and has failed with Liverpool too.He can't form his team into a well-working unit in the pitch.The style of play he prefers is too cautious and passive.Liverpool should let him go already.

About Mourinho...I don't follow Portuguese league, but what Porto has achieved in Europe is certainly impressive.They play attractive and effective football (which is something you can't say about Liverpool).So I voted for Mourinho.He has achieved more with Porto than Houllier with Liverpool and done that with less time and money.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Mourinho is doing a great job in Porto, he was here in Barcelona with Robson and after with Van Gaal. He is hard worker and he has a good football taste. He's still young, but he has achieved national and international titles with Porto. He speaks English (he translated Robson and van Gaal here). I think it would be a good choice.

Houllier is a poor coach, IMO. A club with Liverpool's hitory deserves much more. I recall the year Liverpool won the UEFA Cup, despite their victory over us, I had the image of Liverpool as a small team defending with 10 players.

Mourinho is a good option for Liverpool, IMO.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
It's just sad that there are still a few Liverpool fans that rate him.I think for a closer contest you should put Iraqi Information Minister or Gerard Houllier.If he was just a crap manager(Which he is) i wouldnt hate him so much, but he's a genuine bastard.

Mourinho, Mancini, Me, Roy Evans.Whoever, anything.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Mourinho. Ive been impressed by what Ive seen of Porto and their match against ManU will probably be closer than most people think.

Houllier needs to go and I dont believe he will be there after this season.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I've not seen much of Porto,bu i'll hazard a guess at Mourinho,simply because 99% of the Porto fans to the best of my knowledge don't seem to think he's a fat, bug eyed toad,with a stinking red scarf :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see CardiffRed voted for Houllier and then ran off withour having the balls to admit to it and thus face the truth.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
If you put "mystery manager" I will still vote for the "mystery manager" :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hilarious that 3 people have voted for Le Hoof and not one of them had the guts to say it in open view!

·
International
9,682 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Hilarious that 3 people have voted for Le Hoof and not one of them had the guts to say it in open view!
I'm one of them. Just entered the topic, without reading the question :eek: , and since everything regarding Houllier lately is about how bad of a coach he is, I just voted for him being worse than Mourinho. Then I had noticed the question. :eek: My appologies.

And in what way is this topic debatable?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts