1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.liverpoolfc.tv
MOURINHO: I THINK WE'LL QUALIFY FOR FINAL
Paul Rogers at Stamford Bridge 27 April 2005
Jose Mourinho believes all the pressure is now on Liverpool after the Reds came away from Stamford Bridge with a well-earned goalless draw.
The Chelsea boss claimed he was absolutely delighted with the result and believes it will be his team and not that of Rafael Benitez which heads to Istanbul in May to compete the final.

Mourinho told a packed Chelsea pressroom: "That was a very good result for us. It was not the result we fought for but we know we can now go through if we win at Anfield or even score in a draw.

"In this moment, I feel the pressure is on them not us. Why do I say that? It's because 99.9% of Liverpool fans think they are already in the final because of Wednesday night's result. I like this situation very much. It is one thing to play for a 0-0 draw and it is another to play for a win.

"Liverpool played well tonight. They didn't play an offensive game but they played an intelligent game. Football is for intelligent people and Liverpool were intelligent. Everything was slow, slow, slow. Although they played defensively I cannot say they didn't try to play football. They fought very well. They defended very well but they lost Xabi Alonso for the next game at Anfield. They'll have to cope without him just like we've had to cope without Duff.

"I'm looking forward to going to Anfield. I'm not bothered what the Liverpool fans may say to me during the game as it can't affect what happens on the pitch. The Liverpool fans should support their team rather than concentrate on me because their team will need their support. It will be a fantastic atmosphere at Anfield and it's exactly the sort of venue you want to play in if you're a top player.

"Both teams will start the match wanting to qualify for the final but my own personal feeling is that we'll be going to Turkey not Liverpool."

Note to Jose: It's actually 0.01 per cent of Liverpool fans who think we're already in the final.
lmao he really loves himself whats all the crap about Liverpool fans should concentrate on the game rather then him, I didn't even give him a second though till I read this.

And I agree with Pauls statement at the end, do any of us actually think were through? none on this forum i dont think

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Can't stand the bloke simply because he comes out with sh1te like that. 99.9% - made up statistic designed to wind up, what a to$$er

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
what a mind game from jose :wallbang: :wallbang: ........he is damm crappy... :irritate:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Just one thing beat Chelsea and you can shove it up his Big Mouth!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
that's the way it is,..when jose is nervous his big mouth work for it..dont worry guys, liverpool will go trough as it was in my dream, liverpool face milan in final.. :)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
it doesn't matter what anyone says the anfield atmosphere will get to mourinho ,the shhing gesture at liverpool fans in the cup final showed the pressure on mourinho as he was coming close to losing the game and liverpool were generating a cracking atmosphere .

he doesn't have to tell his own fans to shup and be quiet they do it voluntarily.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
I don't think we're through, nobody does.
No not yet of course,But all the best in the return leg. :thmbup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
why should Liverpool fans say anything to him ? i thought his finger over the mouth gesture was meant for the press box around 80 yard away ? :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
C'mon guys you're smarter than that,just show that actions speak louder than words by getting the result that counts then do all the talking you want. :thmbup:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't mind what teams do on the pitch it is when muppets like Dowie, Allardyce, Moron-ho and fergie come out with stupid statements

Allardyce - "we deserve credit for attacking against Chelsea" (at Stamford Bridge) They were 2-0 down, they want a medal for looking to get something and succeeding?!?!?!?

Moron-ho - amongst others "I was gesturing to the media" - pure bu11shit. "99.9% of Liverpool fans think they are through to the CL final" - cobblers, if anything that is insulting to the intelligence

fergie - his statement about not being awarded enough penalties like it is a conspiracy is just utter bu11shit in an attempt to get back in the limelight (could be 3rd two years in a row)

Dowie - "you get decisions like that at grounds like Anfield" - after Liverpool had won a last minute penalty. Not only did he later admit he hadn't seen it (and it was a penalty), his side have had TWELVE penalties which is more than double the next highest

1 - 13 of 13 Posts