Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updated: March 6, 2008
Jose still loves Blues but wants to 'kill' them

Jose Mourinho has warned Chelsea he is out to 'kill' them when he returns to management.

The former Blues boss reiterated his love for the club he managed for more than three years before his sensational departure in September.

But he is desperate to meet them in Champions League combat next season and knock them out of Europe.

'I hope to play them next season in the Champions League,' said the Portuguese, speaking in Valencia at the official global launch of MiCoach.

'If I play them in the Champions League, I want to go there and kill them - that's my message.'

Mourinho was replaced by Avram Grant, who had originally been brought to Stamford Bridge as director of football.

He refused to express an opinion on his successor, saying: 'I feel nothing for him, I feel everything for the club, but not for him personally.

'I still feel Chelsea is a part of me, I'll have Chelsea in my heart forever.

'I left and for five months you couldn't get a bad word from me in relation to the club and you cannot do it in the future too.'

Mourinho's departure was shrouded in mystery, with the build-up dominated by rumours of a falling out with billionaire owner Roman Abramovich.

But he revealed he and the Russian had kept in contact and were on good terms.

'I think it was last week that I spoke with people from the club,' he said.

'I was speaking with Mr Abramovich and (chief executive) Peter Kenyon because we still keep in touch.

'I was telling them I wish them always good, I wish them always to succeed, I wish them always to win.'
Bwahahahahaha :dielaugh:

We're all on good terms, but I'm still going to kill you in the UCL :tongue:

You gotta love Jose :tongue:

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
I like this guy.This is like all those footballers who were heroes at one club,left it and would be dying to meet their old clubs in the CL and do boody well just to show that he is still the winner that he was and i am sure,this is is good spirit.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
that article only got the worst of what Jose said. He did say that he wants to kill them in a good way or something then he said some other stuff that didn't sound so bad. I just cant remember them now...

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Well considering our record of playing you pretty much every year in the CL in the last 3 or was it 4 it would be the logical choice ;)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
He just made a very good point about Carling cup Final/Finals to be played overseas, than a funny plan for extra epl match.

and Goal.com says.. Real contacted him for the next season.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
why the f*ck would Real want him when they just got rid of Capello, they have the same ideas?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
That I fail to understand.

Capello was getting results. They say Attacking Football is missing.

And yet they consider Mourinho..... :googly:

Attacking Footie... they should consider Zeman. Anyway... if they are going to sack a coach after a season... what difference does it make.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Another Interesting, most probably Controversial Quote today:

"I was more surprised by the elimination of Sevilla against Fenerbahce than that of Real Madrid's"

:howler:

hinting RM to sack Bernd and appoint him...or to let them think about it indirectly? :D

·
Registered
44,371 Posts
[tub]-TOh3WlXJg0[/tub]

He'll stay at Setanta Sports :howler:

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
:dielaugh:

The calls :dielaugh:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
There was also one with SVen that i saw in sun.... talking on phone with 'benitez' that was good too.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Mourinho had it phrased better when he actually said what he said. According to the Times, Mourinho was quoted in saying:

“Last week I was speaking with Mr Abramovich and Peter Kenyon — because I still keep in touch — and I was saying that I wish them always to succeed. But I hope to play them in the Champions League next season. And if I play them in the Champions League, I want to go there and kill them. That’s my nature.

and he then went on to say regarding him being linked to Barca:

“You are very bad. Ha, ha, ha. I don’t lie, so let me get this straight,” he said. “I don’t have a club. I don’t have a signature. There is no pre-contract, no verbal contract, no cowboy contract. I have been linked with ten clubs, but it is all lies.”

:howler:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts