Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chelsea's Mourinho: Inter Milan rumours didn't affect players
tribalfootball.com - March 20, 2006

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is confident Sunday press reports of him moving to Inter Milan didn't unsettle his team ahead of yesterday's defeat at Fulham.
Mourinho had earlier issued a statement denying links with Inter.

He said: "I don't think the players were affected by the speculation. They know I will be here next season and that I am building something at Chelsea."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chelsea chief: Mourinho not leaving
tribalfootball.com - March 20, 2006

Chelsea chief Peter Kenyon has dismissed reports linking manager Jose Mourinho with Inter Milan.
"Jose has a contract with Chelsea until 2010 and we as a club are totally committed to that timetable," he told the club's website.

"Stories about him leaving and other managers coming are totally false."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
it would be an awesome move if we managed to get him...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
This season is not over yet, let's see what will Mancini deliver and if he actually does deliver then I see no reason why we should change the coach. If he doesn't deliver, only then we should evaluate our options.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Azzkikr, I actually meant champions league :D ........Coppa is nothing but a consolation trophy.

Basically my point is:

1. Mancini wins the ch.lg, he stays ( even if Mourinho becomes available at that point).

2. Mancini fails to win the ch.lg, but manages to retain the Coppa (out he goes, if of course Mourinho becomes available).

3. Mancini fails to win anything at all, he goes anyway (regardless of the fact if Mourinho is available or not).

However as I mentioned earlier, this season is not over yet.........so let's wait and see, shall we. :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chelsea boss Mourinho back in Inter Milan sights
tribalfootball.com - April 6, 2006

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is back in the sights of Inter Milan patron Massimo Moratti after this week's Champions League exit at Villarreal.

Moratti is refusing to press the panic button and all indications are that Mancini will be allowed to see out his contract, which expires in 2007.

However, Gazzetta dello Sport says Moratti is monitoring Mourinho's situation at Chelsea closely and knows there is friction between the Portuguese and Blues owner Roman Abramovich. Should Chelsea be overhauled by Manchester United in the Premiership race, Moratti is sure to test Abramovich's relationship with Mourinho by making a move for the ex-Porto coach.

Fiorentina's Cesare Prandelli is also on the agenda, with Moratti aware that the ex-Parma trainer is the one coach in Italy with a record of getting the best out of Inter's enigmatic Adriano.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Dude, Mourinho coming to Inter makes no fookin difference.

We donot have an Abramovich. So its pointless. Mourinho is over hyped.

As for arrogance, I don't mind it. But you need to be succesfull first. But if your success itself is based on factors like a CRAZY strong financial backing, then the whole thing is put under a cloud.

·
Registered
831 Posts
rishabh16 said:

As for arrogance, I don't mind it. But you need to be succesfull first. But if your success itself is based on factors like a CRAZY strong financial backing, then the whole thing is put under a cloud.
have you forgotten about what he did with porto?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
No I haven't . I was coming to it. It was a fluke. A one time achievement. Not gonna happen again with a small team like Porto if he coaches them. He is just lucky that Chelsea picked him up immediately and that he got a treasure chest to spend.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If you wanna see someone who has turned out good results with average teams on a consistent basis, look at Hiddink. Not Moan-rinho.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Nono! You don't disregard Mourinho :nono: , the guy is a younger version of Capello.

Hiddink is a great tactician too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I just don't want him here at Inter.

Its another matter that he wont leave the wealth at Chelsea. But I dont wan't him here. His attitude stinks.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Inter needs one of two coaches: Capello or Mourinho. Reason = both of them are kunts. Forget fielding favourite playets and player reputations. Both of these tacticians are shrewd operators and they chase nothing but results and success. Everything else (for example, Mourinho's attitude) is secondary. Our players do not need a coach who is their friend. They need a kunt who will discipline them when they step out of line and bench them when they are not in form. Forget preferential treatment or untouchable status, they do not exist for the likes of Capello and Mourinho and that is EXACTLY what Inter needs.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Gotta love the attitude!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Updated: April 7, 2006
Mourinho finally feeling the pressure... of bird flu

Jose Mourinho claims he is more concerned by a potential outbreak of bird flu than Manchester United's Barclays Premiership title challenge.

United's eight-match winning run in the league has slashed Chelsea's lead at the top to seven points, but Mourinho insists he is happy with his team's position.

Instead, the Chelsea manager has suffered greater anxiety by the discovery that the dead swan washed-up in a Fife fishing village last Wednesday was carrying the deadly bird-flu virus.

'For me pressure is bird flu. I'm serious. I'm feeling a lot of pressure with the problem in Scotland,' he said.

'It's not fun and I'm more scared of it than football. Football is nothing compared with life. For me bird flu is the drama of the last few days. I'll have to buy a mask.'

He added: 'For me pressure depends on the individual. If you ask Claude Makelele if he feels pressure he will say no because he's played for Real Madrid and won championships.

'If you ask a young player who has never been involved in this situation and who has never been a champion before, maybe the answer is different. It depends on the individual.'

United's late charge has breathed new life into the title race but to complete the greatest comeback in Premiership history would be the most remarkable achievement of manager Sir Alex Ferguson's illustrious career.

Just six games remain and although Mourinho is disappointed Chelsea have seen their lead reduced by a dip in away form, he insists it is Ferguson who should be feeling the pressure.

'United have had a very good run. Eight consecutive victories? That's fantastic. And I would prefer to have 15 points more than seven,' he said.

'But I would always prefer to have more points more than less. To say I'm concerned is not correct. I'm not happy with the points we dropped - normally we have to beat Fulham and Birmingham.

'But concerned is the correct word for Manchester United. I think they should be very concerned by the gap.

'I think Sir Alex Ferguson has to be an optimistic person, otherwise he wouldn't be in his job for so long.

'I haven't been in the job for so long but also have reasons to be optimistic because I can win my fourth consecutive title.

'The difference is United people will watch Chelsea against West Ham with a very high heartbeat.

'But we can be very calm and cool when we watch United play Arsenal, or even don't watch it at all, because our future depends on our own results.

'I would love to be in the same situation next season as I am in now. We haven't spoken about the title race.'

Mourinho admits Chelsea's away form - they lost to Fulham and drew at Birmingham in their last two matches on the road - has been disappointing.

But with three of their remaining six outings - including Sunday's clash with West Ham - staged at Stamford Bridge, he is confident they will retain the title.

'We've worked well in training and that's more important than speeches,' he said.

'For me therapy is working every day on the pitch. Our bad results for the last few matches have been away, not at home, and if we win all our home matches we're champions.

'Our situation is a very good situation. Over the course of the season the best team wins. You can't have any complaints. That's the best thing about the championship.

'United are on a fantastic run but why do Chelsea have a seven-point lead? Because we have also had a very important run.

'What is more important? To finish well or start well. For me the best team always wins the league and it's where you are on the final day that counts.'

Meanwhile, Cristian Chivu's agent has denied reports Real Madrid and Chelsea are interested in signing the Romania international.

Chivu was reported to be a Chelsea target two years ago but opted to join Roma from Ajax, and he is set to remain at the Stadio Olimpico for a further season, according to agent Andrea Pretti.

'We are not aware of any interest from Real Madrid or Chelsea for Chivu,' Pretti told PA Sport. 'Chivu is happy in Rome and therefore, we haven't sought another alternative.'

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
rishabh16 said:

He didn't have abromovich at porto. He still dominated the legue and won uefa cup and cl in consecutive years.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
rishabh16 said:
I just don't want him here at Inter.

Its another matter that he wont leave the wealth at Chelsea. But I dont wan't him here. His attitude stinks.
We have tried the guys with the nice attitudes they have failed us. It's time to bring in a arrogant man. Mouriniho is the guy. But it will be dam hard to get him.

We have a special situation and we need a special one to solve it.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Mourinho wont come because Moratti has never hired a coach that would stop him for messing with the team.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Inter01 said:
Inter needs one of two coaches: Capello or Mourinho. Reason = both of them are kunts. Forget fielding favourite playets and player reputations. Both of these tacticians are shrewd operators and they chase nothing but results and success. Everything else (for example, Mourinho's attitude) is secondary. Our players do not need a coach who is their friend. They need a kunt who will discipline them when they step out of line and bench them when they are not in form. Forget preferential treatment or untouchable status, they do not exist for the likes of Capello and Mourinho and that is EXACTLY what Inter needs.
Agreed :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 63 Posts