Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jose Mourinho has taken an almighty pop at Arsene Wenger, claiming the Frenchman has it easy at Arsenal.

"Arsenal is a unique team," Mourinho told Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"Their coach hasn't won anything for years and is still an idol. There is no pressure at Arsenal.

"But do not say he is growing young players into talents. What he does is take young players who are jewels and polishes them. It's different. He has time to work in a serene atmosphere and get results."

While the accusation is not new, the previous diatribes occurred when the two mangers were in direct competition and thus interpreted as a 'mindgame' ploy by the Special One to ratchet up pressure on Wenger.

That Mourinho felt compelled to put Wenger back in his sights even at a time when he is out of the game indicates that the antipathy between the pair - who fell out spectacularly three years ago when the then Chelsea boss branded Wenger a "voyeur" - still lingers.

Either that or Mourinho genuinely believes the Arsenal manager lives in a comfort zone at the Emirates Stadium.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/03/07/manual_084852.html

I didn't react to this story simply because of an ex-Chelski boss verbally attacking the manager of Arsenal but because I thought it was ridiculous. To suggest there is no pressure at Arsenal is preposterous. If Wenger found himself in the same position as Benitez there would be plenty of pressure OR if he had spent what Jose did then of course that would bring expectation and pressure.

Even the suggestion that finding great young players and "polishing" them is somehow an easy thing to do is just dumb. I don't (as a rule) dislike Mourinho but he's well of the scale with this latest diatribe.:finger:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Mourinho is the one unemployed. That's all that matters.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
The difference between Wenger and others is that his methods will bring rewards, the board understands this. The same with Fergie.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
mourinho is the jobless one. so he can really talk. he bought players like ballack, sheva to the club and look how they turned out. phenomenal? absolutely not.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
The difference between Wenger and others is that his methods will bring rewards, the board understands this. The same with Fergie.
Nothing to add:thumbsup:. I take the piss out of Wenger etc. in friendly banter, but you just have to fully agree with that - you just can't question what he has achieved.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drito, I doff my cap to you sir.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Nothing to add:thumbsup:. I take the piss out of Wenger etc. in friendly banter, but you just have to fully agree with that - you just can't question what he has achieved.
The same with Fergie, when Roman came onto the scene and United went 3 years without a title, the board did not panic because they knew the cot would get it right in the end.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
As for Mourinho, he kept taking swipes at Wenger because he's not happy at Wenger getting the better of him in their tussles. Same with that idiot Taggart who ended up resorting to outright lies which lead to Wenger saying he will not comment on him any more because he's just a liar.

Mourihno, Ferguson - as bad as eachother and why they licked eachothers arses so much.

Wenger is a class above those two turds. Neither would have Wenger's achievements on Wenger's budget.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
What did Taggart say?

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
As for Mourinho, he kept taking swipes at Wenger because he's not happy at Wenger getting the better of him in their tussles. Same with that idiot Taggart who ended up resorting to outright lies which lead to Wenger saying he will not comment on him any more because he's just a liar.

Mourihno, Ferguson - as bad as eachother and why they licked eachothers arses so much.

Wenger is a class above those two turds. Neither would have Wenger's achievements on Wenger's budget.
Yeah I mean what does it matter what Fergie did with Aberdeen - who cares about a Bayern Munich or a Madrid side.

Or transforming United from the biggest underachievers, to the most successful English club in the last decade+.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Bollocks.

They all work for the same thing.Wenger steal the kids from everywhere and has built a low-cost model for the Club,but that kills the investments of so many clubs.

Ferguson,Wenger,Mourinho all fundamentally have the same jobs,expecting the same things.Personally,u can love or hate one more than another,which is a choice,but for me essentially they are not all that different.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Bollocks.

They all work for the same thing.Wenger steal the kids from everywhere and has built a low-cost model for the Club,but that kills the investments of so many clubs.

Ferguson,Wenger,Mourinho all fundamentally have the same jobs,expecting the same things.Personally,u can love or hate one more than another,which is a choice,but for me essentially they are not all that different.
Exactly how does one go about "stealing kids"? Please expand on that further.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
It's just sign of jealousy from 'The Sacked One'.

The guy has no idea of what he talks about. He only talked about the way Wenger nurturing talent, but what Wenger has done for this club is actually much much beyond that.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yes it's just pure bitterness from Mourinho, he still gets the hump that AW was so praised for building a unique football style that will be remembered long after the brand he produced at Chelsea.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Or transforming United from the biggest underachievers, to the most successful English club in the last decade+.
It was the work done in marketing that transformed United and don't ki8d yourself otherwise. Ferguson broke transfer record after transfer record building United and it was at the moment Liverpool went into decline and there was little competition. As soon as Chelsea and Blackburn backed a manager with real money Ferguson was shown to be limited. If Wenger had joined Arsenal when Ferguson joined United Taggart would have been sacked decades ago. Ferguson is a lucky bastard that this all timed so well for him.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Dude,

Are you telling me that making money in a business like Football is easy.Marketing also needs acumen.Real Madrid also did marketing,but see how they royally screwed themselves.

Fergie bought good players and also used their marketing system to milk their cash.

Arsenal does the same by selling their rights to Emirates stadium,this is also another way of making money.Everyone in football want to and need to make lot of money to keep themselves afloat and competing.

Ferguson is hardly lucky,he broke the Liverpool domination of EPL,made his kids,made good signings and thus he became damn good.

Wenger was a legend in Ligue one with Monaco and his contacts and scouting is legendary as it happens now.

He came to England and started off quick,ferguson needed time.

Doug,you are quite a fair lad,but i think your hate for ManUtd is clouding your judgement.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
He outspent everybody. It's not a judgement call at all. Record after record fell and continue to fall at the Theatre of Sh*t.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts