Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I still can't believe he didn't put 2 strikers in the 2nd half. Mourinho is a good coach and the results are there, but his decisions in the Camp Nou were poor and coward. He kept thinking in stopping Barcelona's attack until Ronaldinho scored and everything was lost. That substitution was really desperated.

He needed 2 goals, what the hell was he thinking?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Simba, I'm not saying he's a bad coach. He's among the top 5 in the world for sure, perhaps even the best. But he's not faultless as many people (including himself) believe.

And he sets out his players in injuring opponents, which is just not nice.

Koeman4 said:
I still can't believe he didn't put 2 strikers in the 2nd half. Mourinho is a good coach and the results are there, but his decisions in the Camp Nou were poor and coward. He kept thinking in stopping Barcelona's attack until Ronaldinho scored and everything was lost. That substitution was really desperated.

Because putting Shaun Wright-Phillips in or playing with 2 strikers is the obvious thing to do, and Mourinho doesn't want any of that. If Chelsea somehow went through the amount of praise the jumped up prick would heap over himself would make us collectively sick for months.

He can't possibly have thought putting Huth in was a good idea, he did it for kicks, knowing that they couldn't go through.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
I have a Jose a like coat, got it before he became famous, though. They're pretty smart as long as you don't wear them with trackies or something.
I have one too, I got it before him as well. But mine is black. If worn properly with a scarf they're very stylish. :cool:

·
THE
14,031 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Simba, I'm not saying he's a bad coach. He's among the top 5 in the world for sure, perhaps even the best. But he's not faultless as many people (including himself) believe.

He is teh first one to admit he isn't perfect but does not want to change. Are you anable to read it in the first post?

Coat is Armani, btw.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Koeman4 said:

Watching the game I felt as much as anything he didn't want to get comprehensively beaten. At half time needing two goals he took off one striker for another.

He seems to like using the longball late on anyway. He had Terry and Huth upfront against Liverpool as well last season. I don't like it personally but it generally stirs up the other teams defence a bit.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Iodine Stud said:
Yeah the pressure of being 15 points clear in the league and on course to secure the club’s first ever double is clearly getting to him.
He's feeling the heat after Chelsea's exit from Europe,obviously it gets to him. :rolleyes: :tongue:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
I have a Jose a like coat, got it before he became famous, though. They're pretty smart as long as you don't wear them with trackies or something.

there's nothing wrong with the coat, just that i don't think he ever had it cleaned since he got it, that coupled with his designer stubble made him look like he'd spent a night on the enbankment in a cardboard box.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Hey..his technicolour overcoat gave him his legendary status! Nah, it's good to have a loud-mouthed bastard, makes the game alot more interesting. Seriously, we all look forward to his comments after every game Chelsea lose or draw. And him calling Wenger a voyeur...haha...a classic.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Because putting Shaun Wright-Phillips in or playing with 2 strikers is the obvious thing to do, and Mourinho doesn't want any of that. If Chelsea somehow went through the amount of praise the jumped up prick would heap over himself would make us collectively sick for months.

He can't possibly have thought putting Huth in was a good idea, he did it for kicks, knowing that they couldn't go through.
Well, I can't be in Mourinho's head to know what he has in his twisted brain, but IMO, many times, the evident decisions are the best. If you need goals, put someone who scores. Besides, his first plan wasn't working. It wasn't a matter of players, it was the whole scheme what was sinking.

When I saw the draw, I was scared of Chelsea. I respected them a lot. After the 2 games, I only felt danger from them in set pieces.

Nuick said:
Watching the game I felt as much as anything he didn't want to get comprehensively beaten. At half time needing two goals he took off one striker for another.

He seems to like using the longball late on anyway. He had Terry and Huth upfront against Liverpool as well last season. I don't like it personally but it generally stirs up the other teams defence a bit.
I understood the plan in the first half. 0-0 and 45 minutes to go. When I saw Crespo ready to go in, I really thought that we were going to suffer a lot, I thought they would finally try to put us in trouble. Chelsea have enough material to make us harm and I got the feeling that they didn't even try it. If Chelsea had scored first, even just 10 minutes before the end. 0-1 and 10 minutes to go? Scary. But to score, you have to try it. I think Mourinho put too much faith on the set pieces and nothing in any other aspect of the game.

Anything after Ronaldinho's goal was useless. That was the end. So playing with Huth was irrelevant. He should have done something before.

Mourinho is a good coach, without a doubt, but his plan for Barça was a total failure, IMO.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mourinho is great. He is not scared to say what he thinks.....keep it up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I think its more matter of not having a bullshit filter, at least to me saying Barcelona did not beat Chelsea and they only lost because they were down a man is bullshit.

a) Red card is part of the game, if your team cannot defend cleanly and has to resort to bad challanges there is nothing to complain
c) They only tied the last game because of a made PK, which was offside as well

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
org said:
Mourinho is great. He is not scared to say what he thinks.....keep it up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HAHAHAA, I love the hypocrisy. It's great when Mourinho says what he thinks, but when Eto'o says what he thinks he's a bastard and a loud mouth in the eyes of many merengues.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
there's nothing wrong with the coat, just that i don't think he ever had it cleaned since he got it, that coupled with his designer stubble made him look like he'd spent a night on the enbankment in a cardboard box.
I'm sure he's crying into the page that ranked him 4th sexiest man in the world. ;)

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
VBI you seem to quite fancy Mourinho. :flirt:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts