Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......... should Mark Hughes Fail. TimesOnline
So what are the odds on Mr. Hughes Failing :D

Not Exactly surprising, as City owners want the best and JM IS The Best.

Question is : How much would you 'sell' Mourinho.

Come on, I know, We could say like the kaka-Zombelievers do, ' he will not move, we will not sell '.

But the reality is City can Raise any amount of $$$$ till you agree. Which is, till Mourinho and Moratti agree to them.

Also our best players are not City-proof too.

·
Registered
59,893 Posts
Mourinho won't leave a team leading a league title race midway through the season to fight for survival elsewhere. So the timing of this thread is pointless. May be at the end of the season.. we'll see.

He hasn't added much, if anything, to Inter so in the event of him going in June it wouldn't be a tragedy. Again, this is all speculation-based and moreover awfully premature.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Ofcourse he won't leave us midway through the season, but he has always stated he wants to return to England one day, so it is very plausible that he'll leave us at the end of the season. No shocker there at all.

Also I can easily see us selling Ibra to City, if they offer an outrageous price. Ultimately everything has a price tag, it's just a question of how much.

I also agree with N4L regarding Mourinho, if he leaves it will not be all doom and gloom. At the end of the day football didn't start with Mou or Ibra for that matter.

I'm confident we can do well even without those two, it's a matter of good management more than anything else IMO.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
These guys at City will soon realise that when they spend a billion on players and still haven't won the champions league, they've wasted a LOT of money.

·
Registered
23,871 Posts
I'd let Man City buy out Mourinho's contract at the end of the season for 100m Euros. Then we can reinstall Mancio since he's already on our payroll. :happy: :greed:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Mourinho will get sacked when United knock you out of the Champions League, I can see it coming. His job is hardly untouchable right now anyway, and I think that will see him go. Then we'll go for him.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Mate, Ibrahimovic is gonna rip Jonny Evans to pieces.
Inter FTW! If Cordoba hadn't gotten injured against the Pool last season, Inter would have won that game.

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
Mourinho will get sacked when United knock you out of the Champions League, I can see it coming. His job is hardly untouchable right now anyway, and I think that will see him go. Then we'll go for him.

Inter couldn't sack Mourinho even if they wanted to

there's far too much mony involved in his contract

He'll leave when he feels like it

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mourinho Today

===============================

“My contract is with Inter. I am happy and while President Moratti is in charge and the club are happy to keep me, there is no problem,” he declared in today’s Press conference.

“Everyone knows my situation, I have a contract until 2011, I am happy and I’m doing my work. If one day I will no longer be happy, I will say it immediately and I think the President will do the same.”

C4 =============================

'Happy' is rather subjective, isnt it :D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
These guys at City will soon realise that when they spend a billion on players and still haven't won the champions league, they've wasted a LOT of money.
If they get a good manager they will win eventually. Everyone said the same about Chelsea. They were one false step from Terry to win the CL last season and has won the Premier League twice.

I expect something similar, at least, from City. Even though I hate it.

At times like this I'm happy I don't follow the EPL.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
that is expected...hughes is just not good enough and i m not sure if he is able to control his star players...but if he really wants to leave desperately, i hope we make sure that the compensation would be enough for us to get messi... :D

·
Registered
59,893 Posts
For Mourinho to get sacked, midway through the season, the results in BOTH Italy and Europe need to be absolutely disastrous. Moratti won't sack a coach whilst leading the league table (or being neck and neck in the title race), even if we lose 10-0 on agg. in the CL.

Moreover, Mancini wasn't sacked following eliminations at the hands of Villarreal and Valencia, so why should Mourinho be treated differently? Last season's exit at the hands of Liverpool wasn't THE reason behind Mancini's dismissal (AFTER the season was over, mind you) - Mancini's verbal resignation did the damage.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Moreover, Mancini wasn't sacked following eliminations at the hands of Villarreal and Valencia, so why should Mourinho be treated differently? Last season's exit at the hands of Liverpool wasn't THE reason behind Mancini's dismissal (AFTER the season was over, mind you) - Mancini's verbal resignation did the damage.
Mancio was sacked both because of disastrous CL results and simply because a supposedly much better coach, Mourinho, was available.

Do you really think Mancini would have been sacked if Mourinho hadnt been available? He wouldnt have sacked him if the alternatives had been some Mickey Mouse zac-esque coach.

He would have been sacked even if he hadnt made the verbal resignation.

·
Registered
45,387 Posts
Mancio was sacked both because of disastrous CL results and simply because a supposedly much better coach, Mourinho, was available.

Do you really think Mancini would have been sacked if Mourinho hadnt been available? He wouldnt have sacked him if the alternatives had been some Mickey Mouse zac-esque coach.

He would have been sacked even if he hadnt made the verbal resignation.
Yeah, I think that's spot on.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I think the "Green One" is hoping that it happens. However JM himself has stated that this is a three year project, and that is what I see. He'll do some more fine tuning in the offseason, and work out the kinks.

We have not lost anything, we are leading Serie A. So far, so good. As the result is extremely important, how we play against United is even more important. If we show up, and fight till the end, then I think most fans will be upset, but not overly so.

Hopefully in the summer, we can clear out the garbage, and get a proper box striker and an AM.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
There is absolutely no chance Mourinho will get sacked.

I can't believe people are even suggesting it, even if we lose 5-0 against Manchester United he won't get sacked.

What a ridiculous suggestion.

Best coach in the game, top of the Serie A. We're fine thanks.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Obviously he wouldn't just leave in the middle of this season, i think he would stay here for at least 2 before going back, unless there's some serious issues between him and the club, which i dont see right now.

Judging from this season thus far, it's not a major loss if we lose mourinho since he's really added nothing to our team. garbages are still garbages (adriano), disgruntled are still disgruntled, his signings are candidates for worst signing of the season, results are similar, and we still dont really have a grip in CL.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Disagree. The league is harder this year than the previous, and teams that have won the league a few times in a row usually have trouble keeping up (look at Real this year).

You move forward to stay in the same place. That's how life works if you're at the top (of Serie A). I think Juve would be ahead of us if Mancini were still here.

As for the CL, we'll see.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts