Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving this controversy aside now, let's talk about for a second about football and our best player since coming here. He was the only one to really stand up in London, he was comprehensibly better than Santon, who had a good game as well, which makes it even more impressing.

He attacks with composure and momentum, and can cross the ball really well. He could get better running back, but even now it's clear he must be signed fully at every cost. Best transfer under Rosella prize/performances?

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Early days, but yes. He is an excellent player.

He is adept in both attack and defence. He ALWAYS beats the first player when he is dribbling. He can cross with both feet as well.

Do we move Cicinho forward and play Motta at RB?

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Cicinho can do Taddei's current rule more effectively.

Motta is the new Zambrotta, it even rhymes. :D

Long painful negotiation process awaiting us in the summer I am afraid. Especially if other teams get interested.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Per Wikipedia:
Motta arrived on a free loan until the end of the season with the right to buy up half his contract in June for €3.5million or outright for €7million in three installments.

If this is true, its a no brainer to buy him outright.

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
I hope you dont have a set price, and we use our relationship with Udinese for the better ;)

Really wanted us to sign him in the January window too, seen enough with the azzurrini, to be more then impressed, bit unfortunate we didnt.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Sorry, we have a set price, pretty low one too. ;)

He sure looks great so far, but it's still too early.

Is he able to play on the left, BTW? This would be great. He can play on the left and Cicinho on the right. No more Riise in the starting 11. ;)

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
He can play on the left, yes, based on Azzurrini games. But not his strenght ofcourse. Shouldnt be a permanent solution to things.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Riise is actually playing well of late. Generally that is, I wouldnt mind us keeping Riise, at the very least as a useful squad member on the left. Motta should be our RB and we can move Cicinho forward for the rest of the season.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I hope you dont have a set price, and we use our relationship with Udinese for the better ;)

Really wanted us to sign him in the January window too, seen enough with the azzurrini, to be more then impressed, bit unfortunate we didnt.
Your relationship went out at the window for some reason as Juve and Newcastle United offered Udinese more money than Roma. Udinese gave him to us anyways.

·
Professional Pirate
7,103 Posts
Anybody else notice his favourite move where he flicks the ball forward a bit and outruns the defender when he's attacking.Always thought that was pretty slick especially for a defender.Motta has been a great prospect for some time.Glad he's with us and I hope he remains with us.

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Riise is actually playing well of late. Generally that is, I wouldnt mind us keeping Riise, at the very least as a useful squad member on the left. Motta should be our RB and we can move Cicinho forward for the rest of the season.
Riise is doing alright he is still waking up from mind numbing football suffered at Liverpool, give him bit more time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts