Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been discussed, it probably has, but I want to talk about it.

I am really beginning to think we should sell Thiago. He's getting injured all the time, after every challenging game. Not to mention getting booked now and then. Combine that, and he spends more time off the field, and it's not by the coach's choice.
I like him, I think he's a talented player, but for a DM he gets injured too often.

We're Barcelona, we can sign a replacement that would exceed his ability and skill. Plus, we have Iniesta and we'll have Xavi soon.

I never thought of this before, but after the Madrid game, it got me thinking. He had a big injury last season, six months. Okay, it can happen to anyone. But this season - four times already. It's too much.

What do you say?

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Motta is wayyy to injuryprone to stay with us.
Like you said, last season, he was out almost the whole season.
Ok it can happen, but 4 times this season already.

We can´t afford this. We need good DEFENSIVE players like him, who doesn´t get broken so easily. The problem is that we also lack a new RB, LB and Cb. Now with Motta injured all the time, we also need a new dm imo. I like Motta. He´s a good dm, but hey woodgate is also a good defender.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I think maybe some players simply don't have the body to play professional football. I like Motta, but he is ALWAYS getting injured. If we can find someone stupid enough to pay money for Motta, I would take it. And I mean real money, not toy money. :D

I simply don't get how someone so young can get so many injuries. Does he train at all?

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never thought about actually getting money for him because I doubt there are clubs who would offload a larger amount for someone who spends as much time on the stands as a season ticket holder.
But we're paying him salary for practically living in hospital. I think we need to release him. We won't be paying him for nothing anymore, and we'll at least have a vacancy. This way, I doubt we're even considering a replacement because Motta is here.
People probably never think of this because his injuries are usually two to three weeks so he recovers and starts playing again before people start talking.
But it's too frequent.
If we were missing a DM on paper as well as in real life, we'd start looking for a new one. This way we always have a feeling of a complete midfield because Motta is here, but the truth is he's absent most of the time.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Sell him?
do you think anyone would want him? if anyone is stupid enough to make an offer we shouldn't think twice about it.

and its not only about injury, Edmilson got injured but when he come bake he can make it for at least 3 consecutive games... and when he play as DM he provided a great power and support the defense, unlike Motta.

i used to laugh on woodgate....

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
I've advocated his departure since last season. In terms of injuries, he's dreadful. At what point do you say it's not bad luck anymore? Well I said it a long time ago. The documentary from 03-04 showed Txiki talking with Motta's dad/agent about his fitness.

Apart from his fitness though, is he good enough? Do we really need this player in our squad? Considering he's probably on relatively low wages, he came up through the youth ranks and is somewhat versatile I am reconsidering my position on this. Still I would think that we could do better offloading some of the guys (and I include Motta in this group) who really aren't good enough for us.

I don't know. I guess at the end of the day he's just a squad player and a decent one at that. Still the injuries are just getting to the point of ridiculous with him. If we really are looking at a guy like Cesc, then I would say that a guy like Motta has to leave with the likes of Gabri and van Bommel.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
WOW! You're really on a roll. You must be poster of the day or something.

Shhh. Guys, don't tell him our plan about getting rid of Motta so we can buy Gravesen and Pablo Garcia.
Actually I'm copying you Barca fans.

Congrats on describing yourself you fool :howler: :howler:

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
You're trying too hard. Originality isn't one of your strengths now is it.

Last year: Motta was the first in a series.

This year: The same, more or less.

The guy, together with Gabri is the most injury prone in this squad, but something is fishy.

I say something is wrong with the medical staff too. Remember when there was reports that the players had questioned them and spoke to Txiki (or was it someone else) about it?

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
Actually I'm copying you Barca fans.

Congrats on describing yourself you fool :howler: :howler:
Wahh Barca fans is trolling, Wahh i wil do the same, Wahh we got cheated in el clasico, Wahh Barca is better than us, Wahh we have a shitty team.
Keep on whining it´s amusing :howler:

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
sonic18 said:
Wahh Barca fans is trolling, Wahh i wil do the same, Wahh we got cheated in el clasico, Wahh Barca is better than us, Wahh we have a shitty team.
Keep on whining it´s amusing :howler:
Eh, this what Real_Madrid does all the time. He gets owned by a Cule on his own forum (which happens pretty often), and then he feels the need to come in here and post like the child he is in order to try and save face. It's more pathetic than anything else.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
Motta!
I remember since he came from Barcelona B he's been in the injury list every single season, and you call look it up as much as you want.

from Ankle, Knee, foot, Hamstring and even a teo ?!

he just can't get out of the hospital, and I can admite his a good player and do his job right, still he isn't there to do the job in 3/4 of the season do to injuries and substitution.
he's either injured or 5 yellows or Red card!! thats too much for us, with these injuries we got, we need a backup player to be ready and fit every time call abone him.

something we lack in Motta for sure, selling him or offloading him would be the best choise.

with us Having Iniesta, Xavi and Edmilson, I think a player from Barcelona B as a backup and not as Motta an injuries prone, is the best choise for us in the main time, and for future seasons.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Motta is fine! In fact, I consider him a hot prospect.
He is our product, and we should be proud of him, no matter what.

With Motta all the way!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sell him and buy Zokora

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I would first have a good look into medical staff because there is something fishy there and give Motta another chance. He is very good DMC or midfilder (he proved this against Chelsea this season) when he's not injured :D

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Barçawinner said:
If we can get a good price for him, more than €10m, sell him. If we can't, whats the point. He's still useful and a good replacement will be expensive.
but he is already playing as a replacement, and he is getting injured. now we will have to play without a real DM for 2-3 games.

i dont think that he has potential or talent... but lets that he do.....whats the use of his talent if he cant play? get someone who has "less talent" as a replacement, someone who can replace not needing replacement for the replacement :googly:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts