Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
umm i dont like that it kills wing def, its only usefull i think if u paly someone who is missing a winger so u wont get burned

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
My experience with AIM is that it decreases my wing def by at least 2 levels... That's A LOT !

I never use these tactics...

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
I play a 3-4-3 counter attack. both my attack and defense are pretty good but my midfield's form been low most of the season, half the teams in my series get better ratings than mine anyway, and so I played counter attack which proved useful.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Koj-Gysto said:
My experience with AIM is that it decreases my wing def by at least 2 levels... That's A LOT !

I never use these tactics...

Well I guess that AIM/AOW is being calculated just like midfield, CA ratings, in other words: The better your defense is the more levels you'll lose by using one of these tactics.

I never use any tactic besides normal because I do not believe I have had the need to use them yet, and also because I'm not sure I have the right tools for them. I don't like that AIM makes you weak in 2 defensive areas, so AOW has advantage over AIM IMO in that sense. Bjorn himself said it once in Global conference, that AOW is slightly better then AIM because they found people are using the 'towards middle' order for a winger too much comparing to real football, so this was done to encourage people to use offensive wingers more, and put less emphasis on midfield.

CA isn't that effective, at least when your team is all around brilliant+ IMO because the higher the levels are the less impact it makes and also CA is relative so to hit a really good team you'll need very good players for counter, and that's a lot of cash and even then it's no guarantee.

Just wanted to add I did use them in the last two NT matches (AIM, AOW, and previously CA twice). From my experience with the NT, they're not very effective but then again it is probably relative just like CA so when you have outstanding AOW I don't really know how effective it is against an all divine defense.

So in conclusion, the best tactic is normal ;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
swift thats what i run

koj i agree completely

when i thorw games i run aim cause it kills wingdef, the tactics are foolish in the sense they penalize a tad to harsh compared to the benefit, in real life tactics often depend on other team in HT instead of u being penalized by other team countering them well and anticipating u are penalized just for even thinking to do something differnet

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
When you play 3-4-3 AIM it's a given that you should play both your wings and wingbacks defensive. Playing like so, it doesn't hurt your wing defense much.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
loco,

i run my 343 like that and i always playwingbacks defensive cause they are only solid in defence...but i noticed normally id get formid-out-formid...with aim its like...solid-exc-solid.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loco said:
When you play 3-4-3 AIM it's a given that you should play both your wings and wingbacks defensive. Playing like so, it doesn't hurt your wing defense much.
here here, exactly my point :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts