Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33,515 Posts
Daniel Parejo.

Been one of the best players in La Liga both if you watch him play and statistically (been in the top La Liga player lists of both WhoScored and SofaScore for years now since 2017) but still he's not widely recognised.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
If we're going by whoscored statistics, it has to be Papu Gomez. Dude's been getting fairly decent marks since 2015/16.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was fantastic against the Swiss.
Yep. It’s few times in a lifetime you get to see your country being outplayed to such an extent and keep a clean sheet. In fact, I cannot recall having seen that since June 26, 1992.

We should have lost 1-4.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's actually pretty ironic lol. Kasper in an Underrated thread.

And his Dad Peter would be number 1 in an Overrated list.
Well, since you were 2-3 years old when he carried Brøndby to the UEFA Cup semifinal and Denmark to the EURO win, I’ll forgive you for saying that ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,201 Posts
Yeah good call with K. Schmeichel. Obvious leadership skills too. He's had a nice career though and consistently starts for club and NT, and is generally recognized and respected as a great keeper, so not sure he fits the bill.

As far as GKs go, I always thought a very underrated one is Fabianski. One of the best in EPL the last few years, consistently great.

·
Registered
33,515 Posts
Well, since you were 2-3 years old when he carried Brøndby to the UEFA Cup semifinal and Denmark to the EURO win, I’ll forgive you for saying that ;)
Lol I respect Pete for his Danish performances. He was top.

But in England he was error prone! (See my other vids for further proof)

1:18:

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol I respect Pete for his Danish performances. He was top.

But in England he was error prone! (See my other vids for further proof)

1:18:

https://youtu.be/iTx9CwrY_Gs
Have you actually made videos with Peter Schmeichel errors? :D

Well of course he has made mistakes that can fill up a youtube video during his career, what!?! :D

I would say, for the record, and I do remember him very well, that his level up until 96/97 was unheard of, but during the late part of his career it went dramatically downhill.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah good call with K. Schmeichel. Obvious leadership skills too. He's had a nice career though and consistently starts for club and NT, and is generally recognized and respected as a great keeper, so not sure he fits the bill.
Not fully recognized for his amazing world cup, and the fact that he hasn’t played for a top club suggests he’s underrated.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
29,179 Posts
He's had the funniest career, sort of snuck up on us, people were like "yeah yeah, be nice to him, it's not as if he's gonna be the next Schmeichel or anything".

Meanwhile the Laudrup dynasty took a few hits. Of course, there are many instances of sons of good/great players being good/great themselves, but three generations is a stretch apparently. Is Maldini's son doing well btw?

·
Registered
33,515 Posts
I was gonna make a thread about this a while back but on retired players.

Funny how players like Elber, Trezeguet, Paolo Montero etc were pretty lauded at the time but have practically been forgotten about.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts