Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think at United is the most underrated player???

In my opinion the most underrated player by a mile is Scholes. This guy is sheer class, but every time he gets overlooked by other fans and awards. Scholes was our best midfielder last year, scoring 20 goals, including a superb hattrick in the demolition of Newcastle:D which led us on our way to win the title. But still he didnt get any votes for the european or the world players of the year, while Beckham who had one of the worst seasons last year, never starting any important game, being in the top 10....common. I dont mean Scholes should have won it, far from it, but surely he deserves more credit than he gets.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
It is Scholes

I luv Scholes and you too ,Trimi:eek::yuck:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Trimi said:

But still he didnt get any votes for the european or the world players of the year, while Beckham who had one of the worst seasons last year, never starting any important game, being in the top 10....common. I dont mean Scholes should have won it, far from it, but surely he deserves more credit than he gets.
Becks was more in the media and he is one of "the one and only" galacticos, a player of the "world´s best club" now- that was obviously a reason for many to vote for him. I generelly think that the Unitedplayers didnt get the votes they would have deserved in these votings.... Especially van the Man, who I would have voted into the Top3.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Re: Re: Most underrated player???

delpi_vanni_10 said:
I generelly think that the Unitedplayers didnt get the votes they would have deserved in these votings
very true...looking back over recent years, players like scholes, rvn, giggs, ole, keane havnt recieved anywhere near as much praise and recognition as they truly deserve.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
may i also add gary neville..i just dont understand some of the stick he gets..one of the most reliable players in the squad, over a period of years of service...some acheivemt if u ask me..

and why do u need becks when u have someione who can cross as good as neville:tongue: ;)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Both Nevilles are very under-appreciated, by the England fans in particular. Both of them make a few errors here and there but dispite not being the most talented individuals they can raise their game immensely when they have to. (look at phil against Arsenal - brilliant stuff).They are very important to this club,
They are apart of the core of British players which is needed to dominate the EPL (and still do) so they are great for the spirit of the camp. All this criticism is very unjust of 2 of Uniteds most loyal players.

The Ginger Prince is a truely amazing player, I cant name a better goal scorer or harder working midfielder in Europe than him.... he is so important to our team and I fear the day he retires. Enough said about him otherwise I will be echoing you lads..

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Scholes is undoubtedly a vey talented player, and the recent games he played injust shows how much we missed him when he was out. Maybe he has been underrated since playing the the shadow of greats like van nistelrooy, cantona, keane and giggs and other not so greats as beckham.........

But the 1 truly underrated player at man utd is Mikael Silvestre. The man has been a rock in defense this season and last. Centre back is his preffered position, although in his early days at the club Fergie played him as left back.

Great player, who is very calm under pressure, great tackler, great speed, good heading and greatly underrated but one of the reasons why we are top of the table with one of the best defences in the country.

·
Registered
282 Posts
ever since he arrived and has shown to be the deadliest poacher of them all, solksjaer has been under-rated and under-appreciated by always being shoved on the bench in favour of such players as sheringham, cole, and forlan :eek:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
super-giggs said:
please make scholes younger:(
younger? I think he is in the best age now.....
Btw: if he would play in italy or in spain he would surely get more respect and credit.
Nah, at least we all know how good and important he is for United. So I do not care about these votings. :yuck:

·
Registered
282 Posts
scholes can definitely succeed with any italian or spanish team. if beckham can succeed at real madrid, then so can scholes. i think scholes adds much more depth to the game than beckham.

but why would scholes wanna leave united??? no reason at all

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
The European and World Football awards really doesnt hold much merit nowadays.If you are a certain buck-toothed Brazilian or a balding Frenchman then you are more or less guaranteed a place in the top 3,no matter how well other players performed during the year.I mean Thierry Henry or Maldini missing out to Zidane doesnt make much sense at all.

Zizou is the best player to play the in the last decade or more but that doesnt necessarily mean that he should be in the top 3 always.As for Ronaldo,he's just a Blatter ass-kisser and everyone knows how much Blatter likes people who suck up to him.:rollani:

It was a pleasure to see Pavel Nedved being rewarded for the outstanding season that he had with Juve.A truly brilliant midfielder,few would argue if I said that he was the best midfielder in the planet last season.

Players like him and Scholes,Keano,Ruud,Viera,Sheva rarely gets appreciated because they do not have "glamour" factor attached to their names.On the other hand Becks,Figo get shortlisted without doing much at all.:rollani:If a person can get the award for scoring 8 goals in a tournament,despite that being the WCup,then the value of the award really gets devalued.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Abominus said:
scholes can definitely succeed with any italian or spanish team. if beckham can succeed at real madrid, then so can scholes. i think scholes adds much more depth to the game than beckham.

but why would scholes wanna leave united??? no reason at all
hi, Man! Long ago since we two collide.... :tongue:
seeems we ve the same tastes... ;)
He will not leave, it was only a general view.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Fergie should make Scholes resemble Friar Tuck and get Ruud down to those skilled Brazilian dentists, then I'm sure we shall get a few nominations next year ;).

·
Registered
282 Posts
what da hell r u talking about??? reiziger is the only dutch player who lookslike someone who walked away from the set of alien 5.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Trimi said:
Who do you think at United is the most underrated player???

In my opinion the most underrated player by a mile is Scholes. This guy is sheer class, but every time he gets overlooked by other fans and awards. Scholes was our best midfielder last year, scoring 20 goals, including a superb hattrick in the demolition of Newcastle:D which led us on our way to win the title. But still he didnt get any votes for the european or the world players of the year, while Beckham who had one of the worst seasons last year, never starting any important game, being in the top 10....common. I dont mean Scholes should have won it, far from it, but surely he deserves more credit than he gets.
Agreed 100%.
I was only having the very same arguement withj a friend the other day.
Scholes is the most underatted player in the EPL.
I argued here for ages that united were missing scholes more then becks the last few months and i stand by that.
Did anybody else forget that Ole is still to come back???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts