Can somebody give me a list with stats? Thanks

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
1) Juve roughly 10 million
2) Milan roughly 7 million
3) Inter roughly 6 million

Then Napoli, Roma and Cagliari.

Fair to say, that these are estimates. We all see what happens in political surveys ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Obviously you have two cases as a result of the following facts:

1) A few years ago, Inter and Juve had the most fans followed by Milan.

This means

A) More Milan fans were born than Inter fans in the last few years, unlikely as babies don't follow football

or

B) More likely, frontrunners switched from Inter to either Juve or Milan cuz they do well.....what a suprise

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
The highest season ticket holders record is Milan's (70.000 plus) in the mid 80's (prior to Berlusconi's Milan). Milan has always had a huge fan base, having been the first Italian team to ever win the CL (1963). :shades:

We were the first team to invent Curva's (1968). We had the first ever all women supporting Club (Milan Club Femminile Saronno) :shades:

·
Registered
46,513 Posts
Diavolo said:
Cagliari.
:D

I think that clubs like Torino, Fiorentina and Lazio have more supporters than Cagliari.

According to Nielsen:

Juve more or less 10 millions
Inter and Milan more or less 5 millions
Roma less than 2 millions
Napoli more or less 1.5 millions
Lazio less than 1 million

In particular the quality of the supporters should be considered. According to a statistical research there are 27 million people who follow calcio in Italy: 6.2 million are "hot supporters", 7.7 million like football, 4.3 follow it every sunday, 8.8 million just sometimes. I'm quite certain that most of these 8.8 million support Juventus. :eek:

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Diavolo said:
1) Juve roughly 10 million
2) Milan roughly 7 million
3) Inter roughly 6 million
When I was in Milano, I didn't see one Interista at all. All their fans must be from the south :D

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Another thing to be said is that many people, especially in the south, cheer for their local team but also for a "big" team.

·
Registered
61,088 Posts
D.SIMEONE said:
what about lazio ??
As far as I know Lazio are followed by 1/3 of the city of Rome. But surely they have supporters outside Rome too...

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
But surely they have supporters outside Rome too...
I really really doubt it. At least numbers that make a difference. It's the same with Roma, so it's not smack-talk - both teams draw up to 90% of their support from Rome, or somewhere in that vicinity.

·
Registered
46,513 Posts
I also doubt... for example I don't know any supporter of Lazio in Piemonte apart a few people coming from Roma or Lazio, for example. And they are a very very small percent, contrarily to people coming from Sicilia, Puglia, Calabria and other regions of the Southern Italy. These ones either support Juventus or Inter or Milan, plus their local team (Foggia, Reggina, Catanzaro, Palermo and of course Napoli are the most represented).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts