Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be a toss up between Zola and Bergkamp but there could be others in the running maybe Litmanen. Id like to hear from you guys on who you think the most skilful player in the premiership is.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would say that, thinking of Italians Di Canio just came to my mind so did Carbone.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Smoking that bad weed again...are we?:devil:

Zola? :confused:

The most skillful player is between Bergkamp and Henry...

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Bowyer - Beckham or Owen

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
1-1-GoalessDraw said:
Smoking that bad weed again...are we?:devil:

Zola? :confused:

The most skillful player is between Bergkamp and Henry...
Idiot!!!
Have you seen Zola's amazing goal this year????
Nobody that everyone mentioned can score that kind of goal!Giggs, Bergkamp, DiCannio, Ravanelli, Carbone, Ljungberg & Pires are also skillful players.
Henry is only a speedy runner, well maybe he has some skill but that's about it!
Beckham???? All he can do is taking freekicks, corners, make some crosses and that's about it!
Bowyer??? Who is that guy anyway??? All I know is he liked to beat up helpless people!
Owen? Just the same as Henry!

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
There are some magnificent players in EPL, Giggs's high speed dribbling, Di Canio's composure, Bergkamp/Litmanen's speed of thought and subtle passing,Zola's balance, Van Nistelrooy's eye for goal are all worthy nominations but at the moment there can only be one winner:

HENRY!!!:STAR:

Have you seen Zola's amazing goal this year????
Henry is only a speedy runner, well maybe he has some skill but that's about it!
While Zola's goal oozed quality at this stage of his career he has to make way for Thierry, Man of the match in the 2000 UEFA cup final, amongst the top 3 EPL scorers again and if you want to talk about a good goal remember the one against Man Utd, 25 yards out tightly marked with his back to goal, one touch up in the air and turn and volley......Incredible. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Erm - Has nobody seen Damien Duff???

He is the only one that has been consistantly individually brilliant all year. He has scored at least 3/4 goals where he has beaten 3 or 4 players and then hit the net on his own.

If its for technique, then Bergkamp wins.

If its for the ability to beat a player with skill and balance then it has to be Duff.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mdelpiero10, wow! how did you guess my middle name???

Zola is nothing but a glorified waterboy...emmmh I mean ballboy!

All you see in Henry is speed? Too Bad! The guy has amazing control in tight spaces...

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Cokane but Damien Duff does not come into the class as some of the players that have been mentioned above. And sorry but Owen and Beckham have not got any real skill especially Owen who is just quick. Joe Cole is the most skilfull englishman and before him it was Gazza.
Henry, i don't think is the most skilful player in the premiership, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think yours might be slightly biased.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Dusan_UK said:
Sorry Cokane but Damien Duff does not come into the class as some of the players that have been mentioned above. And sorry but Owen and Beckham have not got any real skill especially Owen who is just quick. Joe Cole is the most skilfull englishman and before him it was Gazza.
Henry, i don't think is the most skilful player in the premiership, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think yours might be slightly biased.

WHAT!!!! and you all yourself a man utd fan. Beckham is one of the most skillful players in the Premier League, and in the world. You tell me how man people could have scored that goal against Deportivo, or did he make it look that simple that it appeared to be beneath mentioning. Then theres Giggs, who has certainly ripped to shreads many a fullbacks afternoon on the pitch, and scored possibly the greatest fa cup goal of all time, against Arsenal in 99.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Erm - Has nobody seen Damien Duff???

He is the only one that has been consistantly individually brilliant all year. He has scored at least 3/4 goals where he has beaten 3 or 4 players and then hit the net on his own.

If its for technique, then Bergkamp wins.

If its for the ability to beat a player with skill and balance then it has to be Duff
Duff, i can understand why you would be biased towards your countrymen but he isnt.

it's Giggs, when he dribble the ball the ball just sticks to his feet, he's a fantastic player.

You tell me how many people could have scored that goal against Deportivo
Oh i do it on a regular basis....really :rolleyes:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah I would have said Giggs is pretty up there with the rest of the skillful ones...If I wasn't a Gunner

But puleeeze, puting SpiceBoy in the same sentence with skillful is a crime...unless you use a qualifier like NOT or IN HIS DREAMS...

Yes, he is one of the best strikers of the ball and crossers of the ball...but I thought when you say SKILL you actually meant overall ability?

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i could name quite a few palyers that could score a goal like the one Beckham scored against Depor. I am a real Man Utd fan and I think Beckham is a fantastic passer and has got a great free kicks but he cannot go past players and he cannot compete creatively with players like Di Canio, Bergkamp and Zola.
Giggs, I think is a great player but a lot of people in this country say Beckham is better which is simply not true. the only reason people rate beckham higher is because Beckham is English and Giggs is not.

Litmanen should be playing as a regular for Liverpool because he is the only player in Liverpool that can create something and also the only one that has any skill about them.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think that Newly Promoted Man City has a great team players...

Most notably Berkovic who is a good lad when it comes to passing and counter-attacks!

i think that next year, after his injuries and punctures recover, Berkovic can be the man to lead Manchester City back to Triumph.

The best part about Berkovic is unlike his other teams (West Ham, Southhampton, Celtics) he has a full load team with players ranging from Ali Belinina to that guy from denmark (forget his name; kluve??)

Berkovic will really shine good next year!!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
If it's down to great goals and glorious assists Bergkamp is in a class of his own.;)
I have to give Super Bob a mention as well as noone else has which i find a bit strange.;)
Joe Cole is a strange choice he may be skilful but where is the end product :confused:
What about Tugay who has had a great season

Also noone has mentioned Veron.I am one of his critics this year but there is no doubting his technical ability and vision.;)

Boksic is another with great technique and great finish.

Notice mine are all Foreign imports :confused: :depress:

·
International
9,526 Posts
yep...boksic is a great player...he really took his goal well against us:depress: Carbone isn't bad, but he's inconsistant.
I quite liked that Marinelli as well. Now I think of it, why aren't middlesborough doing better with these players?

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you are talking about skill and the ability top beat a player and then go on to score then Damien Duff has done this more than any other player this season.

On 4 occasions he has beaten 3/4 players, with skill, and then went on to score. No other Premiership player has done this on this many occasions this season.

Damien Duff does not come into the class as some of the players that have been mentioned above
I am confident you will change your opinion after the World Cup when you will have seen him play a bit more. You obviously haven't seen him much otherwise you wouldn't make such a statement. Just because he has been loyal to his struggling club does not make him any less of a player. Ask yourself, would you be saying this if he played for ManU, Liverpool or Arsenal? I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sold for well over £15million after June.

Duff, i can understand why you would be biased towards your countrymen but he isnt.
Of course I am, but so is everybody here. If you had seen his last couple games Vs Southampton, Vs Denmark maybe you would see where I am coming from. Giggs is truly a fantastic player but he is not what I would describe as "skillful". He has got great control and tremendous pace but so has Michael Owen and he is not regarded as a "skillful" player. When I hear the word "skillful", I think of players like Ronaldo, Figo and Best - players with the god-given ability to beat players in one and one situations, not flying machines like Giggs and Owen who wouldn't be half the players without their pace.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts