Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little different then the best goal that you have scored. Describe the goal that you have scored that you believe to be the most significant to the game that you were playing in. Describe the mood, feelings after scoring, how you scored, and of course, celebration.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Two foot tap-in goal that turned out to be the deciding goal in the 2000 SA U15 Cup Final :). I took off toward our bench like Mijatovic did in the CL final a few years back. Very special moment for me since i don't score all the time.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Wot? You posting without spamming? *laughs*

The most significant goal I scored would be the tremendous volley I hit at ODP tryouts this past weekend. I think this would be most significant as making ODP is a make-or-break event in a player's life, and scoring such a brilliant goal could help me go far.

In an actual game, I can't decide whether it was the fourth goal in a 12-2 rout or the seventh goal in a 10-0 rout. I struggle to score vital goals in games.

I guess scoring a treble against my old youth side was probably the sweetest, I got that three years ago at u-13 level. I scored a breakaway, after which I 'raised the roof', glanced in a second which I didn't celebrate, and a third, after which I put up three fingers at the opposing coach, an absolute prick who was the main reason I left.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Won The 2nd Game Of The Tournament In Penalties...happy...cursed The Other Teams Fans! :d :d :d :d ...no Really, They Had Marbles In Bags And They Would Shake Them 2 Get On Our Nerves...so I Said How U Like Them Marbles Now?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
the most significant for me would only be a winner in a 4-3 win this year, nothing increadibly special though, just low shot outside the box

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I was a sub in the U18s County cup final. Came on with 10 mins to go with the score being 1 - 1 and scored a peach of a volley to make it 2 - 1 which was the final result. I was top scorer for the season although I was sub every game.

i am now a CB.

·
Registered
69,811 Posts
I scored a goal in the minute 94 vs a local rival club. It was the 1-1 so it was a very important goal for the team...

We were attacking to get at least the draw, and I was in the area waiting for the ball. Suddenly the ball came to me after some rebounds, and I shooted with my left foot. The ball got into the net near to the bar. It was a nice and "very important" goal :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gio Zola said:
Wot? You posting without spamming? *laughs*

In an actual game, I can't decide whether it was the fourth goal in a 12-2 rout or the seventh goal in a 10-0 rout. I struggle to score vital goals in games.
Obviously the issue has been resolved or I wouldn't be here posting this. Goals in routs aren't that significant due to the fact that either way fourth goal in a 12-2 game isn't that important, nor is the seventh goal in a 10-0 rout. Those are goals but I wouldn't really consider them significant.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I was making a joke.

As to most significant single goal? A sweet strike that put us 2-1 up in an indoor match for our old team, Craig. Remember that game we went into saying "Maybe we can keep it in single digits" and we came out, got the opener, they struck back, and I hit that sweet twenty yard drive straight in?

That was a majorly significant goal, first as I hated those twats and second it gave us the momentum and we eventually ended up pulling out a dramatic 4-4 draw.

·
Registered
221 Posts
high school state tournament. semi-finals. we are down 3-0 at halftime. we score first 10 minutes of second half. then we score 3 in about a span of 8 minutes from about 15 minutes left till around 7. i score the game winner when im on a break away with the ball bouncing and lightly tap it over the on rushing goalies head. and we win. awesome feeling and game.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Semifinals.

I was guarding far post.

ATtacker got ball and shot it at me.

I blocked with my feet. My idiotic defender tried to kick it out to the side of the post. I was trying to get it out towards the field. He ended up blasting the ball back at me, and it went off my feet into the goal. :(

And that was the seminfals.

1-0 LOss

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I moved to a new club 6 years ago, 15 years of age, I told the coach of the team I was playing rightwing.
He saw me training and said to me: "I'm gonna let you play in midfield, you don't seem like a forward to me".
Disappointed as I was, i decided to give it my best in the first game. I played rather well the first half, giving some nice passes, and the coach was like: "I told you".
Then, in the second half I was allowed to play rightwing, within 30 minutes I scored 4 goals!
Now you may guess what I told the coach...!

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Semifinals.

I was guarding far post.

ATtacker got ball and shot it at me.

I blocked with my feet. My idiotic defender tried to kick it out to the side of the post. I was trying to get it out towards the field. He ended up blasting the ball back at me, and it went off my feet into the goal. :(

And that was the seminfals.

1-0 LOss
:howler: Fantastic, Pulsar. You know how to stick it in the back of the net when it really counts.

You ever scored a goal at the right end of the pitch?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Golden goal in the finals of the series. It was a freekick and the second time I'd scored one in the knockout phase. We won 3-2.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I was in kindergarden and I scored a goal that beat a friend of mine (the ball hit me and bounced in).

Just joking I haven't scored any significant goals just prevented them I also haven't played in any really significant games.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts