Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the most ridiculous and outrageous rumours you've ever heard???

Mine (in order):
1) Ruud Van Nistelrooy could be on his way to Serie A to seek refugee after being hassled by Arsenal's players in the first EPL match between Man Utd and Arsenal in 03/04. :dielaugh: From TribalFootball.
2) Javier Zanetti could go to Juve in the summer because he only has 18 months left on his contract. :D Days after the rumour, he signed a 3 years deal with the club. Not sure bout the figure but couldn't care less since JZ will never leave us. :proud: From SoccerAge.
3) The latest:
Inter Milan star Vieri considering retirement
tribalfootball.com - March 3, 2004
Inter Milan centre-forward Christian Vieri is considering quitting football.

Italian press reports yesterday stated Vieri may hang up his boots in frustration if he is not allowed to negotiate a move away from Inter in the off-season.

Vieri knows he is wanted by AC Milan and Barcelona and wants out of Inter after enduring a difficult 18 months.

But so far Inter chiefs have priced Vieri out of a move away and he is now considering the drastic action of quitting the game altogether.

The fed-up Italian centre-forward reportedly is refusing to face another season at Inter and is ready to stand out of the game if the club doesn't make it easy for him to leave.
:dielaugh::howler:

How I just love the media. :howler:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
RONALDO back to INTER

:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
JKris said:
"Shevchenko want to move to Tottenham because he want succes". :D
also Rivaldo to Tottenham,Morientes to Tottenham :eek:

in fact these were not just rumours,Spurs 'nearly' signed these as well as Diego Ribas,who was also 'nearly' signed. ;)

in fact Spurs have 'nearly' signed many world class footballers,they must hold the record. :D

·
63,337 Posts
I just remembered ,what about the one Fabio Capello posted in the Arsenal forum,it said Real Madrid were going to buy Thierry Henry for £20m plus José Antonio Reyes :eek: :googly:

that was pretty dam ridiculous,offering a player from a different team. :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Oh yeah! :D

I didn't think they would make such a mistake
so I convinced myself they were right and Madrid did own him and he was on loan

That is def the worst one I've seen
They said Reyes was on loan to Seville!!!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Hehe, Jern that rumour may not turn out to be as ridiculous as first imagined. You bought Reyes for some reason other than the purse being too heavy to lift due to all those debt slips, right? ;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
1) Top Bundesliga goalscorer,Ailton will play for Qatuar NT. (2004)

His clud and FIFA will not allow this but just imagine starting to make transfers on international football.

2)Taribo West rejected to play for Olympiakos as he wants big league's competition.(2001)

Two years later he played for Partizan.:D

3)Real Madrid to sign a world class defender and create an over-7-men squad (every year).

4)Kalamata,team of 2nd div in Greece refused to buy Ronaldo when he was 16.(2003)

...and i tell if they had bought him,would he become the same Ronaldo?:confused:

5)Big Italian clubs to buy English player.(every year)

Scholes,Beckham,Giggs are some of the British that are jokingly connected with Milan,Inter every summer.The joke will stop whether newspaper stop writing such rumours or when they buy one of them.

6)Real Madrid and Barcelona wanted Jose Antonio Reyes.(2004).

After his tranfser to Arsenal,Reyes' manager said he asked both clubs and they refused.Their fans had hopes but...

7)Ariel Ortega said he regreted for his irresponsibility and he will play for his club...(2004)

...finally where is he playing???Fenerbahce,River or somewhere else?:tongue:

·
63,337 Posts
Politician said:
Hehe, Jern that rumour may not turn out to be as ridiculous as first imagined. You bought Reyes for some reason other than the purse being too heavy to lift due to all those debt slips, right? ;)
if you are implying that Wiltord is on his way to Madrid you are very wrong :D

they couldn't afford him. :tongue:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
this summer:

Chilean international midfielder David Pizarro has confirmed that he will be showcasing his skills in the Stadio Olimpico next season.

"Finally, I'm a Laziali," trumpeted the 23–year-old. "I signed on for five years and now its time for Lazio and Udinese to agree an amount."

The diminutive playmaker almost saw his dream move collapse when Fabio Liverani's refusal to join Udinese put the brakes on mega-swap deal including Lucas Castroman, Martin Jorgensen and Alberto as well.

Now it seems that only Castroman and Pizarro will switch sides, which is of particular aggravation to Jorgensen, who already had a move to Rome fall apart in the eleventh hour last year.

"I will give it another week before I exclude the possibility to play for Lazio," the Dane said with bitterness in his voice.
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/o6700.html

:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Bothroyd is doin well and has scored some great goals.Especially considering he was released by Coventry and couldnt get a game in Div 1, done well for himself.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts