Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Zenit and Spartak Moscow ahead of clubs such as Valencia, Inter and Roma for example?

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Barcelona and Chelsea the big winners. :proud:

Hartmut Zastrow, Executive Director, SPORT+MARKT said the survey results showed the following:

“Along with Chelsea FC, FC Barcelona is the big winner amongst the top European clubs. Despite still having an unusually high fan potential, the main loser over the past five seasons, with 11 per cent less supporters, is Real Madrid.”

“The fact that Chelsea FC has increased its fan base by over five times, clearly shows what a fast-moving market football is. One can achieve a lot in a short amount of time.”

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
the main loser over the past five seasons, with 11 per cent less supporters, is Real Madrid.”
goodbye David Beckham, Ronaldo, Zidane and Figo

rocket science.

·
Registered
67,298 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
My impression is that maybe Hong Kong and the southern Chinese area are EPL bandwagons, but definitely not for the rest of the country. That list is in 2005. Not sure how Calciopoli affected it.

Also, Serie A entered the Asia market in force way earlier than the EPL did.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
“The fact that Chelsea FC has increased its fan base by over five times, clearly shows what a fast-moving market football is. One can achieve a lot in a short amount of time.”
LOL, talk about mass gloryhunting...;)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
My impression is that maybe Hong Kong and the southern Chinese area are EPL bandwagons, but definitely not for the rest of the country. That list is in 2005. Not sure how Calciopoli affected it.

Also, Serie A entered the Asia market in force way earlier than the EPL did.
yeah, i think its more like old supporters vs new supporters..or old vs new gloryhunters :dielaugh:

in my country, old football fans relate themselves more with juve, madrid, milan, barca, Man united, lazio and the likes...
and the new fans, whereas, support either man united, arsenal, liverrpool, chelsea...or recently...man city:wth:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
He supports Napoli, or maybe it's because I'm imagining that because "Nepal" sounds a lot like "Napoli" :D
No, I don't. But i will tell you that my team is one of those big teams of 90s and i initially started to support them due to their star players....aka gloryhunter....
(but damn!...hasn't it back fired:wth:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts