Xtratime Community banner

Which of the following players do Arsenal need the most?

• Jermaine Defoe

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Alan Smith

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Robin van Persie

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Patrick Kluivert

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Philippe Mexes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Jose Antonio Reyes

• Sebastien Frey

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As always there are a lot rumours about what players Arsenal will sign in the future.
But which player do we need the most of them?

This poll contains the players that have most recently been linked to Arsenal FC.

[Poll idea by Swiftwilly and modified by me, Wakky]

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Defoe will become an awesome player but for me, the most needed at this time is Alan Smith.
A truly fantastic player that has qualites that is very much needed in our team.
He might not be a Bergkamp look-a-like and we do need one player more similiar to Bergy as his succedor but we also need someone to make it easier for Henry.
Smith will do so by scoring more goals than any of our strikers at the time(apart from Henry) are capable of.
He's the goalscorer we need but at the same time have good techniuqe and will create chances for the rest of the team.
Sound a bit like Bergy afterall?
Well, a bit yes, but we might allready have Bergy's replacer in place, David Bentley looks very promising and I hold my thumbs for that bloke.
Till then I believe a striker couple consisting of Thierry Henry and Alan Smith would be ideal.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Kluivert For Sure

we need this kind of player to add a new dimension to our attack

he can head the ball perfectly

and this is our main lack

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I think a Henry/Aliadiere frontline is our future,i don't like Smith at all ,i don't think he has pace or great technique to fit with us,also he is a loon of the highest order. ;)

to supplement the Henry/Ali attack,i'd take VP who can also hold the wings,Bentley can support the midfield and forward,and Penant the right wing and forward. ;)

so to me Van Persie with the small price will keep us ticking over nicely,Kanu can be offered a one year deal for experience during away games.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i would of taken one of the youngsters like VP, smith defoe HOWEVER, seeing ali and bently are pretty much great, i decided we need a established star. so i voted for kluivert, sure he may not be in top form, maybe thats becuase he has to pride in playing for barca since he wants to leave? and i am confident that wenger can put the magic back into him. so a established star for arsenal ! kluivert! his also CHEAP.

D

·
0 Posts
Frey is the most needed by distance. Goalkeeper in Arsenal's only weak spot.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Voted for Kluivert. He is Barca's most needed transfer and Arsenal's too. Will give the arsenal attack the aerial option and an established partner for Henry. Frey comes in a close second.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Guys...I want to make a confession. I am the one who vote for Jose Antonio Reyes.

The reason why I vote him is because I think he is a complete player and brilliant playmaker in such young age. He is definitely in the same class as Ajax's Van der Vaart.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
good call Zhuge ;)

the reason i chose Van Persie was the price,but i am more excited by this signing because i have seen Reyes a lot and know he is pure quality ;)

he is a bit slow though,wonder how long he'll take to learn English. ;)

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
Guys...I want to make a confession. I am the one who vote for Jose Antonio Reyes.
As did. The fee was over market value, but IMO still a smart buy. And you don't get the baggage you'd have got with RVP. That's not to mention he's twice the player RVP is, but I'd hope you all know that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts