Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JOZIÆ OTKRIO SASTAV PROTIV MEKSIKA
TB / Petak, 24.Svibanj 2002 - 23:50

Hrvatski izbornik Mirko Joziæ na popodnevnom treningu u petak otkrio je sastav koji æe najvjerojatnije istrèati na prvoj utakmici svjetskog prvenstva protiv reprezentacije Meksika. Dva puta po pola sata meðusobne igre Joziæ je pripremio igraèima na veèernjem treningu, a sastav u kojem su bili Pletikosa, Živkoviæ, Šimiæ, R. Kovaè, Jarni, Soldo, Tomas, Prosineèki, N. Kovaè, Šuker i Staniæ pobijedio je ostale reprezentativce 2:1. Strijelci za momèad s kojom bi Joziæ mogao otvoriti svjetsko prvenstvo bili su Soldo i Niko Kovaè, dok je pogodak za nazovimo to rezervni sastav postigao Vugrinec.

Jedina nepoznanica je stanje Alena Bokšiæa koji bi u vrhu napada zamijenio Staniæa, koji bi onda sjeo na rezervnu klupu ili pak u sredini zamijenio Niku Kovaèa.

U subotu naši reprezentativci kreæu put Toyame, osim Alena Bokšiæa koji æe vježbati po posebnom programu, gdje ih u nedjelju oèekuje prijateljska utakmica protiv selekcije regije, za koju æe dobiti 400 tisuæa dolara.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
i 100% agree with Ivo i hope Jozic doesnt use the same players/system as the one we used in the last game against Scotland for w/c quaifying i know it has its strenghts but dont use it when we need a win esspecialy since we do agains Mexico

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Vugrinec and Rapaja are good off the bench.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
well Tomas and Soldo need to play since Jarni wont go back to defence a lot and Robi will definetly not help in mid-def role as well...

·
International
8,545 Posts
On the other hand, teams will most likely have 2 players watching Prosinecki, will which will make it difficult for him. Vugrinec and Rapaic are creative players and they'll need to compensate for Bobi.

Rapa hasn't had a good year but then he doesn't want to stay at Fener anyway. You have to figure he's gonna give his all in the WC and an in-form Rapaic can tear apart any defence.

Rapaic and Vugrinec are natural talents and those talents tend to shine the most when there's more on the line.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I agree with you IVO, but I don't see room in the starting 11, only if one of them explodes in the Mex game

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
IVO said:
On the other hand, teams will most likely have 2 players watching Prosinecki, will which will make it difficult for him. Vugrinec and Rapaic are creative players and they'll need to compensate for Bobi.
ok... so lets have two players helping Robi in attack and two players helping him in defence... whats the point?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I agree with IVO.

Vugrinec and Rapaic should be in the starting lineup. "Maybe" Rapaic coming off the bench, but Vugrinec definitely.

·
International
8,545 Posts
I don't understand what you're saying wolf, you can't look at the midfield as there "just to help Prosinecki."

You can't win without any offence and if we want the offence to function well, we need creativity and if Robi is marked out of a game by 2 players, it'll leave room open for other players to create and would you rather have either Rapaic or Vugrinec to do that, or God forbid, Tomas and Soldo?

Tomas is a goon pretty much, he's effective but he's arguably the least technically skilled player on the team. Soldo is better than Tomas so between the two I'd take Soldo but if you play them both, leaves no room for creativity and our offence will falter.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ivo, you said that Robi needs some to help him creativly... but he needs someone to help him defensivly for sure as well... so where do you find all these extra midfield players to cover various aspects of the game for him?

We will also have Stanic or Kovac... and Jarni and Zivkovic on the sides... reason we have Soldo is to be helping defence since Jarni will not go back a lot for sure... and Tomas will most definetly be covering Robi's players...

I am not saying I wouldnt like to see Vugrinec or Rapaic... but this is not American Football... we cant change offensive and defensive teams every 5 seconds... ;-)

·
International
8,545 Posts
You can have one defensive midfielder there, but when you bring two, it comes at the expense of creativity. I'm not just talking offence here, Stanic is offensive, but not creative and it's important to have that.

Two defensive midfielders is just too defensive. Robi doesn't need help to create, but when you're double teamed it's more difficult and without guys like Rapa and Vugrinec, we completely lose all creativity from the mid.

If you have Rapa on the left, you don't need Jarni to go forward so much so he can concentrate mostly on defensive duties. I doubt Zivkovic will go forward all that much, he'll make runs but he'll concentrate on defence more.

If the opponents decide not to double team Prosinecki, then I wouldn't have a problem with 2 defensive mids, but most likely he'll be double teamed and then what?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
ok, i guess the solution is to get prosinecki out of the team, so we wont need to have 2 def mid?

good idea ivo!

·
International
8,545 Posts
No, the solution is play all out defend, have no creativity in the midfield and pray to God that a guy like tomas can learn to dribble over night.

That'll win us games.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
IVO said:
No, the solution is play all out defend, have no creativity in the midfield and pray to God that a guy like tomas can learn to dribble over night.

That'll win us games.
you think so? I dont know... I would think that whatever worked in Qualifiers, should work here as well... except that most of our players are in better form than then (except balaban)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Against our strongest opponents, Belgium and Scotland, we scored 2 goals in 4 games. This is the World Cup and I'd rather play to win, not play "not to lose."

When you play not to lose, you usually lose.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
IVO said:
Against our strongest opponents, Belgium and Scotland, we scored 2 goals in 4 games. This is the World Cup and I'd rather play to win, not play "not to lose."

When you play not to lose, you usually lose.
no... you are saying that you would rather play to score than play to win...

I personally have no issues with the team that Jozic "announced"... except that prosinecki will be replaced most likely in the middle of the game, with Kovac and one attacking Midfielder, which will makes us more offensive...

... but you really think that one player can change the whole midfield? Rapaic or Vugrinec are not those kids of players... and losing Soldo or Tomas means that we will be much more vunerable than before

·
International
8,545 Posts
You can't win without scoring unless you play to get to penalties, sorry.

Offence is one thing, but you need somebody to conduct that offence. Rapa is capable of winning a game on his own but that isn't necessary.

You obviously don't feel the need for either of them to start and I do. I'm not gonna have another 10 page thread over one issue, you're not convinced with my argument and I can live with that.

·
©
7,230 Posts
I am also pretty happy with the line up tat Jozic announced. I don't believe that is the end of it though. Jozic is the type of coach who will change his line up game to game depending on the opponent. I was reading in a practice match, Stanic was playing up front with Suker. (boksic injured) Stanic also played up front against Scotland away remember. We have some versatile players in the team.

Vugrinec is not a midfielder. He can either play up front or just behind. He would be a good substitute later in the game IMO to replace Prosi or one of the defensive mids if we need a goal. I don't see Rapajic as a starter either because to me he is more of a winger or attacker and doesn't suit the midfield role unless he is a support player to the striker/s.

We got to the World Cup by playing defensively so I don't think we need to change it now. I even think that we could be playing with one striker for the most part and have Suker in a supporting role for Boksic. We have the capability of scoring a goal, but defense wins World Cups IMO.:)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I would like to see Rapajic and Vugrinec in first 11...........
I think they're very creative.
I've seen Vuga in quite a few games in Lecce and he's got one of the leading roles.
Probably one of their best players.
Rapajic is one of the leading players in Fener that finnished third in Turkey league(we know that Turkey league improved a lot) and if Jozic can afford to have such of two talented players on the
bench then nothing else but bringing that trophy to Zagreb July 1st is expected.
Let's not forget how Boban i Asanovic and Prosinecki's creativity brought us a name in world soccer.
Croatia=creativity...

pozdravlja vas svih,majstor...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts