Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time, after a long stay with Ac Milan, Billy Costacurta and Sebastiano Rossi didn't report for preseason training..Galliani goes on to say there contracts were not renwed!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Grandpa's have left our team

Also with Seedorf arrival it looks like trio is departing
"ALBERTINI IS ABOUT TO MOVE TO MADRID
Yesterday he was at Milanello, soon he can move abroad. In half a month he should be transferred to Atletico."
probably for this man
"Close to an agreement to sign the talentuous Spaniard. Albertini could move soon to Atletico Madrid, the forward will arrive next year. But the midfielder would rather stay in Italy."

this is all consistant with what the bald bastard said that now its time to sell.

i gotta say i am impressed with this campaign
we ditched not one but 2 SENATORI!
we are gettting rid of a 3 one.
JDT was great at the WC
Simic is better than any def we have
Seedorf, is gonna be useful in the midfield as he can also play the right, which we kinda need.

We are a younger, faster, fitter, hungrier milan!

Oh yeah an one more thing

"Ancelotti is aware that the fourth place is no more enough'

HELL YEAH, WE HAVE AMBITION AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lav

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
I´d actually like Albertini to leave. He is not very useful for us anymore.
As for that swap...Wojuldn´tyou be talking about Fernand Torres? That would be just amazing!

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad it was Torres
i cut off the name by accident

I agree trio leaving would mean 3 senatri OUT!

Lav

·
Registered
43,416 Posts
I am afraid that this is a pre-training "happiness" ... Bili will sign for one more year and Trio will stay ... I guess. Otherwise, personally, with all the respect lavo and gratitude I have for all of them I have to say that I had a possitive emotion when I read this for the first time. It is high time for us to start anew ...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
A very positive move indeed. :)
It's time for Milan to move on and start something fresh.

But, I don't really understand Billy, I mean, he's 35 and has very little to offer, why can't he just announces his retirement rather than begging for Galliani to extend his contract?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
AC Milan- The New Era

Things are definately looking better for us. I know we were excited last year after some important signings, but we are in a much better position than last year.

Stronger Squad

We signed a good forward in John Dahl Tomasson, a useful midfielder in Clarence Seedorf and a great defender in Dario Simic all for nothing.

We also just purchased young Italian midfielder Sam Dalla Bonna from Chelsea. I'm not sure if we paid money for him, but we gave away another young midfielder in Marco Donadel. This was a good deal anyway.

Players Out

The ever so crappy Umit Davala and the bad influence Francesco Coco have both gone to Inter as part of a trade deal. Frankly, we did well because we don't need any of them at all. Javi Moreno has shifted off to Spain after a disappoitning season here. Marco Donadel was sent to Chelsea as part of a trade so we didn't loss anything there either. Rossi and Costacurta are gone as their contracts have run out. Marco Simone has also gone too.

Possible Transfers

We might still get that quality central defender we've been waiting for after comments by Ancelotti and Galliani have basically stated that Berlusconi might dip into his pocket and purchase the defender. It is most likely Nesta, but if it's not him it could be Jaap Stam. Cannavaro, Thuram and Marquez are the other options.

Enrico Chiesa and that young Spanish striker Torres are rumoured to be heading for Milan. This would be very handy indeed. There is also rumour of Russian Styrejk (SP?) joining the club too.

Demtrio Albertini is on the verge of leaving for Atletico Madrid. He is clearly passed his best and considering the abundance of midfielders we have, it will give others a chance to shine. Imbrahim Ba will also get the kick in the arse very soon.

'New' Coach

This will be Carlo Ancelotti's first pre-season. Last year we were a bit hard on him after he came in during the middle of the season. But all coaches need time to get the team they want and adapt to their style of play. They need to be given a chance, just like the players. I reckon Carlo could be a very good coach and being an ex-Milan player, he has the extra place in his heart.

Positive Signs

The Senatori is out. Costacurta, Rossi are gone and Albertini is just about to leave. This means the end of the Senatori. And we all know that is a good thing...

Our management are also heading in a better direction. Galliani and Ancelotti have both stated that we want to perform much better than last year and that we 4th isn't good enough. They seem to have new goals for the club and these are positive goals.

We have more depth in the squad. Last year when Pippo or Sheva got injured, our back-up strikers failed to perform. Now we have Tomasson who is a quality player, and maybe Chiesa. Chiesa has already proved himself in Serie A while Tomasson showed he can play on the big stage after scoring 4 World Cup goals.

Inter have been dudded by us in the deals that we have done, while we have advantaged. Coco is important for them but Seedorf is a very handy player. But the big one is the Simic-Umit swap where we got the better end of the deal. We need a good defender and we have got him, whereas they aren't even going to use Umit this season.

We are in the Champions League, even though we struggled last year. If we can play shyte and make it, then imagine if we play good.

No More Injuries

...Hopefully. Thanks to the new MilanLab, we can help trea and prevent injuries. And as we all know, injuries played a big part in our season last year.

Team List

GOALKEEPERS

- Christian Abbiati
- Dida
- Valerio Fiori

Abbiati is a fantastic keeper and he is only 25. he still has many years ahead of him. Dida is his understudy and he is alright too, considering that he got called into the Brazilian World Cup squad. Fiori is 33 and doesn't really get used. Gone is Sebastiano Rossi after many fantastic years at the club.

DEFENDERS

- Jose Chamot
- Cosmin Contra
- Cyril Domoraud
- Thomas Helveg
- Kahka Kaladze
- Martin Laursen
- Paolo Maldini
- Roque Junior
- Dario Simic

The defence has been our problem in the last couple of seasons, but we are looking to improve it. Last year we signed Martin Laursen, Kahka Kaladze and Cosmin Contra and this year we have signed Dario Simic. We have also kept Thomas Helveg on loan and loaned in Cyril Domoraud. The centre is our problem. We have Laursen who is great and hopefully will be used more. Chamot is getting old and crappy. Roque Junior isn't much either. New signing Dario Simic will hopefully help out the centre problem, and we also have Maldini available if we need him in the centre. On the left we have either Maldini or Kaladze. On the right we have either Helveg or Contra. So the two flanks are alright at the moment. Our centre should do with Laursen and Simic, although we may still get that big signing. Whatever happens, I'm sure that our defence will hold up this season. We have gotten rid of Costacurta after years of service, sent Coco off to Inter and loaned out Coloccini again.

MIDFIELD

- Demetrio Albertini
- Massimo Ambrosini
- Imbraham Ba
- Christian Brocchi
- Sam Dalla Bonna
- Massimo Donati
- Gennaro Gattuso
- Andrea Pirlo
- Redondo
- Rui Costa
- Clarence Seedorf
- Serginho

As crowded as it may seem, we actually have the perfect number of midfielders. There are 12 midfielders currently, although it is likely that Albertini and Ba will go, reducing it to 10. Our left wing is fine with the brilliant Serginho running it. The right side now has the talented Seedorf. We have 2 excellent playmakers in Rui Costa and Pirlo. And our central midfielders include Ambrosini, Gattuso, Dalla Bonna and Redondo (if he gits fit) and I'm not really sure where Donati and Brocchi play but they aren't used much really. So I think that we have the right number of midfielders...and they are quality midfielders too!

FORWARDS

- Marco Borriello
- Filippo Inzaghi
- Vitali Kutuzov
- Jose Mari
- Andriy Shevchenko
- Jon Dahl Tomasson

We have fantastic strikers, inclduing the two big guns in Shevchenko and Inzaghi. If they can stay fit then they can be deadly. Tomasson is a great replacement for either of them. Jose Mari didn't prove much last season although he might leave. Kutuzov is young and could be a good player for the future. And according to the Milan website, we have promoted youngster Marco Borriello from the youth team. I think that Jose Mari will be kept, be we will also sign Chiesa to add a bit more depth. Gone is Marco Simone and Javi Moreno.

-----------------------------

Out: Rossi, Costacurta, Umit, Coco, Donadel, Javi Moreno, Simone.

In: Seedorf, Tomasson, Simic, Dalla Bonna

FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great summary post Shev.

I gotta say the MilanLab is our best purchase. that thing is really high end and can truly help the team in millions of ways.

Lav

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Great analysis. :cool: . Thats what Milan needs to do. Young Italians with a few super talented foriegners and lo, we are back to the top where must belong. :hopefull:

Ciao

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: AC Milan- The New Era

The Shev said:
There is also rumour of Russian Styrejk (SP?) joining the club too.

You probably refer to Sytchev. He is a 19 years-old and plays for Spartak Moscow. He also scored a goal in the World Cup ( Russia vs. Belgium).
Italian newspapers say that Galliani has an option about him.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Re: Re: AC Milan- The New Era

boban77 said:
The Shev said:
There is also rumour of Russian Styrejk (SP?) joining the club too.

You probably refer to Sytchev. He is a 19 years-old and plays for Spartak Moscow. He also scored a goal in the World Cup ( Russia vs. Belgium).
Italian newspapers say that Galliani has an option about him.
Are u sure??? The last i heard about him was that, Spartak has priced him around 50 million euros. :rollani: :eekani: . I have heard that he is hot property and has a great potential but asking this kind of money (if true) is a bit naive I think.

Ciao

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Nah, theres no way Sytchev can be 50M Euros. Nesta costs 40M, so I don't think thats right.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
The Shev said:
Nah, theres no way Sytchev can be 50M Euros. Nesta costs 40M, so I don't think thats right.
I am saying that too. But reports have implied that spartak has put 50 million euros on him. They r comparing him to be the next Raul. Too early to compare him to Raul. :rolleyes:

Ciao

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Yes the revolution is starting at Milan,I don't wanna sound hypocritical but the days of Rossi and Costacurta are long gone,we need fresh new faces and we should do what Parma are focusing on Youth.I believe we could've got rid of Chamot as well but anyway it's not so bad.

·
Registered
43,416 Posts
different point of view

Filippo Gali has expressed a different opinion on Albertini and probably on the rest of the goodbye-once-great stuf ... Though I do not comletely agree with him I think it is interesting to see what one of our best has to say ... There is some logic in his words - you have to deal with your legends with resppect ... this how you show respect towards yourself!

onefootball.com:

"Former AC Milan great Filippo Galli has condemned the club's treatment of their senior players as speculation continues to mount that long-serving midfielder Demetrio Albertini could be set for a loan move to Atletico Madrid.

"I don't understand why the club is destroying a squad that has done so much for them," Galli said.

Albertini will probably have talks with Milan in the next couple of weeks, but with coach Carlo Ancelotti apparently preferring Clarence Seedorf, and Manuel Rui Costa fully recovered from injury, first-team prospects do not look bright for the Italy veteran.

"This is not the moment to talk about Atletico Madrid," Albertini said, but it is understood that his agent Giovanni Branchini will speak to the Spanish club's management on Thursday about the terms of any potential deal.

But Galli, who was part of the great AC Milan side of the early nineties alongside Albertini and such players as Franco Baresi, Mauro Tassotti, Alessandro Costacurta and Paolo Maldini believes his former colleague is being hard done by.

"I think the player will accept a loan if that has been agreed," he said. "But I don't understand it, and I would have extended the contract of Costacurta.

"But I am speaking with the heart, and because there is so much money in football, Milan will have to do their best with the players they've got."

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Great stuff the Shev!:)
Just a side note however: Marco Boriello was not promoted from the youth, he was acquired from another team, not sure of which one tough....;) Great analysis overall!:)

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!:):star::cool:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Sometime sentiment has to be put aside,Costacurta is well past his best and he is slowing down so rapidly and he should be the first to accept this,Of all clubs I believe that Milan has been great to their legends and honestly I'm not being Byist.We stll have Maldini a lasting Bandiera if there are any anymore.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bono
i gotta say i dont agree with the man

We had baresi playing till he was 36 or 37
Madlini is going on 34-35
Billy is 35
Seba is 35

these guys need to retire
they are no longer good

And being nice never gets u anywhere, most clubs that are succesful (read: REAL) are not "nice" but poachers only intrested in theri well being. They could care less what other fans think of them as long as they keep thier own happy and keep winning silverware

Lav

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I think that we have made the right decision in letting these players go.

Rossi is 35 and hasn't been used for 4 years.

Costacurta is old and injured and it would be useless in letting him continue.

Albertini is only 31 but hasn't been performing well and we need to make room for our younger, faster midfielders.

FORZA MILAN!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts