Votes: 0 0.0%
  • La Romareda (Real Zaragoza)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which stadium is the most intimidating for opposing teams, fans etc. and generates an intimidating atmosphere? What im trying to ask here is which stadium is the HARDEST to play in? The Santiago Bernabeu was a fortress for opposing teams before last season, i think there was a period of 2 years without losing a match for Real Madrid. El Sadar is known to be a very intimidating stadium because of its small ground and the fans being very close to the action. Nowadays its almost impossible to escape the Camp Nou with anything more than a point for opposing teams and those massive tiers make it terrifying for any team to play well there.

The San Mames and the Mestalla and Vicente Calderon are also known to be top notch stadiums with great atmosphere and its always been extremely hard to get a win there.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Nou Camp, at least when they play Madrid, i never ever saw such noise and chaos! its freaking scary!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interista said:
Nou Camp, the Bernabeu is just intimidating for black players.
Now why you got to say something like that? You know damn well its not true. Let go of it already !

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
If the Camp Nou could usually have the same atmosphere that we have against Real Madrid, it would be the most scary stadium in the world without a doubt. The problem is that it's usually like an opera theatre. The Bernabeu has the same problem.

Nowadays, I'd say that the Sanchez Pizjuan is the most scary stadiums, colourful and noisy. The Calderon needs a menction too.

In any case, the first stadium that came to my mind was the old Atotxa, the Real Sociedad stadium before Anoeta. That was a hell.

My vote goes to the Sanchez Pizjuan.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Either one of the stadiums in Sevilla. IMO, like their city, they have something special that words can't explain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has to be either Calderon or Camp Nou.

The only thing scary about Real Madrid is how so many people can be so quiet.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me it has to be the Calderon, unlike the Bernabeu, Camp Nou etc. its ALWAYS loud and the atmosphere is amazing. Even when Atleti was in 2nd division it was still a fantastic atmosphere.

Mestalla is also a great place, its such a shame that these two stadiums are not going to be there anymore in a couple of years :cry:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Lin said:
Has to be either Calderon or Camp Nou.

The only thing scary about Real Madrid is how so many people can be so quiet.
Too busy watching the world-class football on display from some of the best players in the World. :D

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Too busy watching the world-class football on display from some of the best players in the World. :D
...kicking the crap out of Real Madrid. (You forgot to finish your sentence El Fenomeno.) :pp

Camp Nou is generally too quiet to be voted most intimidating in La Liga. Calderon, Mestalla, Pizjuan, Lopera, San Mames are all good. I'll vote Calderon because its always so festive and loud there. Good job to the Rojiblancos for making it so. I just wish the Camp Nou could be just as loud.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
calderon !!

aupa atleti !!!!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Koeman4 said:
In any case, the first stadium that came to my mind was the old Atotxa, the Real Sociedad stadium before Anoeta. That was a hell.
I don't really know that stadium... anyone has got some pictures or something?

ontopic: I've got no idea as I've never been in a single Spanish stadium yet :tongue: :thmbdown:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts