Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For me, there are two games
The first is ManUtd won 3:2 in Turin against Juventus. They were down 0:2 in the first 15 minutes, yet they fought back and won 3:2. Actually I dislike ManUtd a lot because I don't like their play style and the overrated Beckham. But I have to give respect to them. :thmbup: They were defeated by Juve several times before that game, and down 0:2 away, but they didn't give up. They put on a great show that night showing their courage and fighting spirit. Still I'm positive we will defeat them in the second leg :D

The second is Barca 's victory 5:1 against Chelsea in CL at home. They lost 1:3 away in the first leg but in the second leg they played one of the greatest attacking football game I've seen . :thmbup: :thmbup: They ABSOLUTELY outplayed Chelsea in the game, created numerous chances. Chelase looked like a bunch of school boys playing aginst professional that night. Had Barca benn a bit more lucky, they could've score 8+ goals easily, and I'm not kidding. I remember Rivaldo missed a penalty in regular time and they wasted several clear chances.

They scored the first goal and only needed a second goal to advance. But due to a ****ing stupid defense error ( I remember they goal keeper passed the ball to Flo directly, who only needed to put the ball into an empty net :D ) , they conceded a goal and were at the edge of being eliminated. At that point I thought they'd be out. But they showed great determination and attacked Chelsea even harder. They scored another two goals in the regular time and two goals more in extra time.

Seriously, that Barca team was awesome. With players like Figo, Rivaldo, kluivert, Guardiola, Enrique, Cocu, Frank De Boer at their prime, they played great attacking football. They are easily the best European team I've seen which didn't win CL. Bad for them.

BTW, what's the best european team you've seen but didn't win CL?

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Juventus vs Real Madrid (3-1) two seasons ago.
FC Barcelona vs RCD Espanyol (4-0) last season
FC Barcelona vs Valencia C.F (3-2) four seasons ago (Rivaldo's legendary hattrick)

There're many more, but I'm too lazy right now...

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Arsenal 5-4 Spurs
Juve 3-1 madrid (2002-2003)
Roma 3-3 Inter
Manutd 4-3 madrid (2002-2003)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zhuge Liang said:
FC Barcelona vs Valencia C.F (3-2) four seasons ago (Rivaldo's legendary hattrick)
Yeah, how can I forget that one? :thmbup:
One of the best individual performance I've seen.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Are national teams considered as well?
If so then I think England 5 - 1 Germany, Czech Republic 3 - 2 Holland in Euro 2004.
For clubs, Spurs 3 - 5 Man United (2001 or 2002, not sure, I remember even Veron scored in that game! :wth: ), Mu 4 -3 RM, Spurs 3 - 4 Man City (I think last season in the FA Cup, Spurs were 3-0 up in half-time, somehow conceded 4 goals in the second :eekani: )

Barca 3 - 2 Valencia must be there, fantastic game and fantastic performance by Rivaldo, I think Barca's deserved win over RM this season deserves to be there as well.

Mallorca games vs. Real Madrid when Mallorca had Eto'o were always interesting, the 5-1 win last season :star:

Real Madrid 3 - 0 Valencia in the CL final, does it deserve to be called 'impressive'?

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Rivaldo vs Baraja in 2000: everything was on the line and whoever won qualified to the CL. Baraja scored twice and so did Rivaldo until that magical bicycle kick. Im a Merengue but i sincerely loved it.

Depor vs Milan last season: Nobody gave Depor a chance in hell after their defeat in the first leg but they responded with 4 goals and an amazing performance all around.

Argentina vs Holland in WC 98: Never forget that game, some beautiful attacking futbol from both teams and then Bergkamp's goal :proud:

These are the ones that i can just remember off the top of my head but this season theres already some memorable ones like the Roma-Inter game or the Athletic-Osasuna one. Really good games.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts