Xtratime Community banner

The Most Exciting League of the Year is...

• English Premier League

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Italian Serie A

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Spanish La Liga

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Dutch Eredivisie

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • German Bundesliga

• French Championnat

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other (which?)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Hi JLP. :) I like this poll. I voted for the Serie A finish because it was so damn exciting! Inter, Juve & Roma all one point adrift of one another, then that glorious upset by Lazio to turn the tables on Inter like that... nothing short of heart-stopping action!

In general, Serie A has always been the league for me. No matter the current dismal European performances, Serie A is the most unpredictable league, and has the most exciting matches... :)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
ya, you don't get better than this:)

although my Milan was not a contender for the title, it was involved in a battle for the 4th spot with Bolognia, Lazio and Chievo. And thank god we got it.

Forza Milan:star:

Ciao.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
The greatest teams are there, and great players play there.. and my loved Lazio is there, so I'd say: Serie A.... the most exciting, but not wuite the most entertaining :) EPL is more entertaining..but Serie A has a higher level of play in soccer, the HIGHEST!!!!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
There has been so much discussion about this and the argumants I have for La Liga are annoying me already, so I just vote for La Liga and say nothing more :mute:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Serie A.....pah, i wouldnt watch that borimg drivel if i was paid. For sheer excitment, you cant beat the EPL, and that's a fact. Who forget games like Newcastle - Man Utd, and more recently, Liverpool - Blackburn.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
bailemos said:
There has been so much discussion about this and the argumants I have for La Liga are annoying me already, so I just vote for La Liga and say nothing more :mute:
I agree. I too voted for la Liga and I'll leave at that. Already opinions that Seria A has the best players, best teams, etc... are starting to arise. I've heard these biased and inaccurate comments, once too many times.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Lazindo01 said:
The greatest teams are there, and great players play there....but Serie A has a higher level of play in soccer, the HIGHEST!!!!
You what? I think the CL kinda proves that at the moment serie A does NOT have the greatest teams and the higher level of play. I define the highest level of play as the most effective play ie. winning games - which Italian teams don't do much of in the CL these days.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The Italian and the Greek championships, which ended with Juventus and Olympiakos winning, where the most exciting leagues of the year

Attachments

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Wow, such a tough choice. La Liga, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, ALL CAME DOWN TO THE WIRE!:eek: I've never seen such a competitive year.

La Liga - Real, Depo, Valencia all in the race

Serie A - Juve, Roma, Inter all in the race

EPL - Arsenal, Manu, Pool all in the race

Bundesliga - Bayern, Dortmund, Bayer "" "" "" ""

This for me, is excitement

I voted for La Liga though, since I am fan.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Though la Liga is in my opinion the strongest of all, I have to say that this year the most "exciting" has been Serie A, because 3 teams were fighting for the title in last match

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Super Puyol said:
Though la Liga is in my opinion the strongest of all, I have to say that this year the most "exciting" has been Serie A, because 3 teams were fighting for the title in last match
I subscribe to those words:)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Since so many people allready voted for Serie A, my vote goes to the Bundesliga althought the german league is of course not best. But there were also three teams hoping for the title in the end and for me it was incredibly exciting that Bayer's chances for a win of the champion ship were finally thoroughly dependent on on Dortmund and Bremen.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
The Premiership. I think that it is the most exciting normally - for the quality and openness of the play, without sacrificing any defensive ability.

This season, the EPL has been even more exciting, with 3 teams contesting until the last couple of rounds. The league table does suggest that we walked it, but, obviously, we didn't. Not only that, but at different points, Bolton, Everton, Aston Villa, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle, and Chelsea all led the way! Then things like Bolton's collapse, Man Utd's surge, Ipswich's revival, and Newcastle's abysmal run happen, and more excitement!

Nothing can beat the Premiership!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Bastin said:
The Premiership. I think that it is the most exciting normally - for the quality and openness of the play, without sacrificing any defensive ability.

This season, the EPL has been even more exciting, with 3 teams contesting until the last couple of rounds. The league table does suggest that we walked it, but, obviously, we didn't. Not only that, but at different points, Bolton, Everton, Aston Villa, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle, and Chelsea all led the way! Then things like Bolton's collapse, Man Utd's surge, Ipswich's revival, and Newcastle's abysmal run happen, and more excitement!

Here here. A gold medal for Bastin for best post in this thread.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I've voted for the French Championnat. This league was decided at the last day in a direct battle between Lyon and Lens. That's a great ending to a season.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
2001-2002 Was the Year of the Italian League.

;)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Bastin said:

Another gold medal for you, bastin, superb post.

I believe the EPL also had something like 30 changes of the lead. Also, many unpredictable results like Middlesboro beating Man Utd twice, Bolton beating Man Utd at Old Trafford, etc. etc.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts