• Rapaic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had some dissapointing players this season, spwolf suggested to put up this poll.

We voted Kovac as the best (as of now anyway), but who dissapointed the most?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmm, althought hte obvious choices are Balaban or Biscan, I take Simic. Only because he was a starter and became relegated to the bench. The other guys just weren't given a chance.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
I would have to say Suker! i mean it took him forever to just find a club! let alone play a good game! but i dont worry too much about him because when it comes to the national team he can still score just watch come w/c time! oh and his age doesnt matter in him being able to score! of course he wont play as much as he did in 98 but he will be very valuable as a substitute(ole gunner solskajer style) but so far he has been dissappointing

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I don't think there was anyone who had bigger hopes for stardom than Bosko.

After the great year with Dinamo and the unbelievable qualifying campaign 6 goals in his first 7 games with the NT (I believe).

Everyone expected that we found our new Suker. It may have been a bad situation with Villa but a lot of reports suggested a lacksedasical attitude towards training earned him his spot on the bench.

I really thought Balaban would do well in England. Biscan was the dissapointment of last year. I didn't expect much this year. Simid would be second for me.

Rapaic is doing well I think. Why is he?

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put Rapaja there bevause every season he spends in Turkey is a dissapointment for me. Remember his reputation in Serie A a couple of seasons ago? He was wanted by major clubs, and now he's next to unheard of.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Balaban for me... but I hope this will teach him a lesson for future, he is still young.... I hope he will not go the Silvio Maric way, he complained and complained and complaied with every team that he ever played with except for dinamo... hence he hit ground bottom few months ago

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Simic is my choice to. cuz of the reason trikky explained above.....but of course Im dissapionted at Balaban to....but I heard Brescia were intrested and maybe he can get a chance to prove himself their?. Biscan, I dont count on him anymore......He should come home to Dinamo and Croatia. Its no idea to stay so long in a club where you dont get time on the field.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not too ong ago, Igor Biscan was the pride of the new Croatian generation...LFC had this to say..
It was at the European under-21 Championships in Slovakia, during the summer of 2000, that Liverpool first became aware of Igor Biscan and Gerard Houllier had to beat off competition from Juventus, Barcelona, Ajax and AC Milan to secure his signature.

The highly rated Croatia Zagreb midfielder joined the Reds for £5.5 million in December 2000 and he arrived at Anfield with an impressive track record. Despite his young age he was already a regular in the Croatia national side and had captained his club, Croatia Zagreb, in the Champions League and UEFA Cup.

Biscan did not have long to wait before pulling on a red shirt for the first time. Just two days after signing he came on as a substitute against Ipswich and, although Liverpool lost 1-0, he made an instant impression, showing neat touches and silky skills, as the Kop saluted a new hero.

Biscan plays in the centre of midfield but is versatile enough to play anywhere across the middle and is also considered a good enough defender to play at the back if necessary. "He has talent", insists Gerard Houllier. "He might still be young but he has a lot of experience for his age and that is good for us."
they described him as a "Versatile, silky-skilled defensive midfielder"

I hope Igor picks his carrer uo, he was, and still is a hot prospect.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
biscan started excellent in Liverpool, however they bought few other excellent players that were better in attack, hence biscan faded back to the bench

1 - 10 of 10 Posts