Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know who you guys think was the most disipointing team in the world cup was it FRANCE, PORTUGAL ,ITALY ,ARGINTINA?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Portugal is clearly the most disappointing team IMO!

France, Argentina and Italy was also very poor, but nothing beats the performance of Portugal.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Yakubu said:
Portugal is clearly the most disappointing team IMO!

France, Argentina and Italy was also very poor, but nothing beats the performance of Portugal.
Theres no idea that Portugal was a disapointment, but I don't believe they should be considered the biggest. Now France, didn't win a game nor score a goal. Italy made it to the second round and Argentina finished 1-1-1. Portugal ended up 1-2. So technically it's France thats the biggest disapointment out of the four. And if you really look at it more... France and Argentina were the most favoured out of the four, then Italy and last Portugal. So France should be the biggest.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
France has got to be the most dissapointing team!!!!
Never scored a goal!!!!!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Soccer Star said:

Theres no idea that Portugal was a disapointment, but I don't believe they should be considered the biggest. Now France, didn't win a game nor score a goal. Italy made it to the second round and Argentina finished 1-1-1. Portugal ended up 1-2. So technically it's France thats the biggest disapointment out of the four. And if you really look at it more... France and Argentina were the most favoured out of the four, then Italy and last Portugal. So France should be the biggest.
Yeah I can see that. I just think Portugal has been a disgrace to the world of football. Their behaviour and performance is truely embarrassing.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Yakubu said:

Yeah I can see that. I just think Portugal has been a disgrace to the world of football. Their behaviour and performance is truely embarrassing.
Well that does not envolve disapointment. It just envolves embarrassment. Now Portugal aren't a disgrace to the world of fooball. Let me explain. Now in their first game, they played all out crappy, but yet the U.S.A almost had or had complete control of the calls made byb the ref, which was the same thing that occured against South Korea and in the rest of South Koreas' games in the World Cup. Well atleast they took some action, but it was mainly the fault of the Portuguese Federation of Football for Portugals down fall.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Portugal arent most dissapointing itz France!!!

They never even scored a goal and they came in as the champions!!!!!!!!!:irritate: :irritate: :wth: :wth:

So France can go :finger: thereself!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Argentina for me were most disappointing.I don't get to see them play much and I had read and heard so much bout their great play that frankly they made me sad in the few clear cut chances they created, maybe it was tactics,coach,tiredness I don't know but they were a great letdown ,considering they had no injuries prior to the Cup starting:depress:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Yakubu said:

That sounds gay or politically correct. Either way, it sounds faggity.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
No matter what u all say France were the worst team!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
FootballFanatic said:
No matter what u all say France were the worst team!!!
I can see you support Real Madrid and Arsenal... Quite a few of the French players are in those clubs... maybe their club-success made them full of success? Just a side-note..

I also think that France was the biggest disappointment second to none, really. Champions of the Universe they were called by some fans and yet they couldn't score 1 single goal...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Lay off Real Madrid and Arsenal...:( ;) :D

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
1 France
2 Argentina
3 Portugal

In that order .. The way I see it .. All gone in the 1st Round !!! :eek:

L

·
0 Posts
you had nothing understood!
the french were hurry to go to holidays, that's all:D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Did you hear what happened to the France bus when the got home...got pelted with vegies!!

Damn losers deserved it all!!!!:tongue: :D :D :D :tongue:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
FootballFanatic said:
Did you hear what happened to the France bus when the got home...got pelted with vegies!!

Damn losers deserved it all!!!!:tongue: :D :D :D :tongue:
Thats nothing new .... At least in past WC the Italians have returned to Italy thru places other than Rome, cause the rotten tomatoes are very well known in the land of the boot !!!

:dielaugh:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
There's no way Portugal we're the biggest disappointment. It has to be France and than Argentina. Geez, being World Champions people atleast expected them to defend their title to a certain degree. It's like they just handed over the trophy to whoever wanted it. And Argentina we're a disappointment, but they we're also in the hardest group. I think with Argentina alot of it was the media's fault, for pegging them as favorites to win the WC and talking so much as if they had already secured their passage into the second round. Too much confidence. As for Portugal??? Well, I think people in general had alot of expectations of them as well. They have good players who we're not at their level. Figo for example, looked too tired in his games. I'm sure they'll do great in 2 years with home soil advantage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts