Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me its '

- Yorke - A.Cole

- Messi - Eto'o - Henry --> they truely are tearing la liga clubs to pieces. waiting to see how they will do in ucl

- Rivaldo - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho --> unstoppable more especially wc 02 :ass:

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Henry & Bergkamp was pretty deadly.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Hicks and Gillett.

Well they are trying to take Liverpool forward, in a very deadly fashion :wallbang:

On a serious note, i hadn't lived long enough to witness Liverpool's most deadly forward combination aka Daglish and Rush so i'd say Gerrard and Torres together were quite scary at the end of last season. It's a shame there hasn't been a chance to build on it this season but hey there's still plenty of time :)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
I can't biased when I say this: Trezegol - Ale.

sharing over 380 goals between them does the talking, since 2000 they've been creating havoc for every defense.

Also Cole - Yorke and Sheva - Inzaghi were great.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
I wouldn't call ADP - Trez a partnership, really. Trez has never formed a 'partnership' with any one. A lone wolf player if ever there was one.

Trully brilliant partnerships are Yorke - Cole, Keane - Berbatov, Crespo - Chiesa, Mutu - Adriano. That kind of thing.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
:eek:

I'll let this "small" clip do the talking, they've been assisting each other like crazy in the past 9 years, it's like telepathy.

[tub]NTP42e8nslg[/tub]

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
That clip pretty is much just ADP assisting Trez. Which is kinda my point.

Ok partnership, I guess, but nothing overly remarkable. imo.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
The thread is vague, is it a duo partnership or a trio? Being a trio is bit unfair, one would have to include the attacking midfielders/free roaming fantastistas such as Kaka or Messi etc.

Two forward duo makes more sense usually.

I wouldn't call ADP - Trez a partnership, really. Trez has never formed a 'partnership' with any one. A lone wolf player if ever there was one.
:googly: :googly: :googly:

You are having of your rare wtf brain farts for sure, which usually is restricted to whenever you say something of Morfeo, but this...:dazed:

I have been watching them for almost 9 years together, and man dont you know the meaning of the word partnership if you just said that. Let that clip do the talking, and see how they assist eachother like they are telepathic twins (mostly Del Piero yes, but underrated how much Trez lays it up for Ale too).

Btw Amr, wtf is with Sheva-Pippo? :googly: FAR CRY from being worthy of being mentionned. I kind think like 20 others I would mention before them, it was mostly just Sheva, no Pippo.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
juve fans, shame you haven't seen the best forward partnership in your club history, Vialli and Ravanelli of the mid 90s, I would pick that with Ramario and Bebeto of Brazil at the same time.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Bergkamp with basically anyone that can run. ;)

Dalglish/Rush

SAS :D Shearer Sutton.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Mijatovic and Suker
Raul and Morientes

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Trez and DP is a partnership IMO, a partnership doesn't have to be 50-50 all the time for it be a successful partnership.

No one mentioned Ronaldo - Tevez- Rooney yet? Those three were awesome to watch last season.

Ronaldinho - Eto'o - Messi as a trio didn't have a great time for a long period, but in that period where all were fit, playing and in good form, they were unstoppable.

Totti - Montella - Batistuta for that one season was remarkable.

Adriano - Mutu at Parma was awesome too.

I also saw first hand Romario - Ronaldo put 6 past Australia a while a go, that was a partnership.

·
Registered
45,341 Posts
Oz: Wasn't ADP - Inzaghi (especially pre-injury ADP) superior to ADP - Trezeguet?

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Henry and Bergkamp.

The best partnership I've ever seen.

One possesed unpararelled killing pass that can slice through any defense with the most accuracy and precise speed. And another has unrivalled dribbling speed and shooting skill. Those two are not only creating goals among themselves but basically running the show and creating chances for our wingers to score from second line.

An interesting thing that I like the most from Henry-Bergkamp partnership is their unpredictability with their positioning. Because both of them are free-role and can be anywhere on the pitch, therefore making it difficult for the opposite team to mark them. But there's always psychic connection between them both. Bergkamp is like a bow and Henry is like the arrow. Even when they're both seperated by half pitch, they still can make assist and goal. It's a sick partnership...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts