-Amsterdam Arena
-Anfield Road
-Old Trafford
-Stade de France
-Tokyo's stadium (Toyota Cup stadium)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Haha, it's sad to see you didn't add the legendary Brazillian stadium.. Stadio of Maracana! :star:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Super Puyol said:
Those are mine:

-Camp Nou (the one and only:) )
-Vicente Calderon
-Giuseppe Meazza
-Olympiastadion (sp?)
-Amsterdam Arena
-Anfield Road
-Old Trafford
-Stade de France
-Tokyo's stadium (Toyota Cup stadium)
just to clarify.. in case some don't know.. vicente calderon is atletico madrid.. and giuseppe meazza is san siro.

I'd like to add some others.. some of the new stadiums in korea/japan are REALLY cool looking.. especially the one's by the sea and mountains... but I still think the one used for the final.. has the pitch tooo far away.

maracana-should be here.. imagine the 199,000 people there for the WCQ there in 1950!! wow.. imagine the trash cleanup after that.

'the chocolate box', argentina pretty cool with city around it.
santiago bernabeu, madrid ok.. i hate to admit it
shalke 04, germany moving pitch is pretty cool
millenium stadium, wales nice.. maybe co-host a WC??
stadium australia, sydney ... host a WC someday.. if they qualify
Rose Bowl, USA could be top 5, except crowd is too far from pitch
'stadium of hell' istanbul.. nice atmosphere.. needs remodeling

My top 5 (no particular order): San Siro, Nou Camp, Anfield, Old Trafford, Maracana.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patrick said:
Haha, it's sad to see you didn't add the legendary Brazillian stadium.. Stadio of Maracana! :star:
I know I didn't add it, because it's not beautiful to me. It's old and huge but not nice to me:eek:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Santiago Bernabeu in Avenida Concha Espina , Madrid. España.
Estadio Monumental David Arellano, Santiago, Chile
Estadio Azteca, Mexico City DF, Mexico

:cool::cap:

:happy:

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Stadio Crvena Zvezda (Marakana)
Sapporo Dome
Millenium Stadium
Stadium Of Light
Bernabau
Nou Camp
All the other stadiums that are hosting the WC this year
Old Trafford

Not Anfield and I don't know why people think that it is a nice stadium. Its unstable anyway and they might be moving out soon.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Stadium of light

Blundell park, cap att-12,000 :D ( pontoon stand and upper john smith is where you'll see me every home game :) )

Old Trafford

Anfield

Highbury ;)

nou camp

Millenium stadium

stade de france :angel:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many more but i cant be bothered to think.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I think people are confusing beautiful and intimidating. For example, Huddersfield's McAlpine stadium could be considered beautiful and yet is not the most atompheric place in the world. Likewise, i fail to see how the Maracana stadium could be described as beautiful.

My list would be -
San Siro
Olympic stadium (Munich)
Stade Velodrome

Most intimidating stadia -
Ali seni yen
Leoforos
Zvezda's stadium (not sure of the name)
Nou Camp

Dusan_UK - Anfield is a great stadium not because of the archateture, but because of the people who inhabit it.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Super Puyol said:

I know I didn't add it, because it's not beautiful to me. It's old and huge but not nice to me:eek:

Oh god, you sound like a rich boy that likes everything perfect.. Maracana is not beutiful? Puh lease.. save the drama man! :mad:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Patrick said:

Oh god, you sound like a rich boy that likes everything perfect.. Maracana is not beutiful? Puh lease.. save the drama man! :mad:
What's the problem? It's my opinion... why do you care so much if I like it or not? I don't understand:eek:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I agree with Puyol, the Maracana is a crumbling wreck, it really isnt the stadium it was. Perhaps one of the greatest stadiums in the world but in my book not one of the most beautiful.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Up until a just recently the Vicente Calderon was a crumbling wreck.

The Santiago Bernabeu combines attractive design, great location, size, and atmosphere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts