1 - 1 of 1 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Onefootball.com

Moscow boss upset with draw
Saturday 22nd July 2000

Lokomotiv Moscow manager Yury Syomin could not hide his disappointment after his side were drawn to play the winners of Besiktas and Levski in the Champions' League qualifying matches.

Syomin told Sport Express that it is one of the worst scenarios possible: "Hamburg, Munich, Anderlecht and Besiktas are the strongest clubs left in the draw.

"Besiktas are the clear favourites to play us. I want Levski to go through, but I am afraid the Bugarians have no chance. Football in Turkey is developing with great speed. The Turks have had a miraculous season. I remember when Dynamo Kyiv beat Besiktas 5-0 in Turkey. (In 1987) They are no longer what they used to be.

"It is good that we play the second leg at home. It is always good to play a decisive game at home. I feel optimistic now having beaten Spartak (3-2 after being two goals down)."

Lokomotiv’s captain Igor Chyugainov agreed with his manager, "Turkish football is moving fast now, as we saw with Galatasaray winning the Uefa Cup. I personally am preparing for Besiktas."

Forever And Ever Besiktas

1 - 1 of 1 Posts