Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Denmark coach Morten Olsen is quoted in a Danish newspaper for saying that African footballers play rough because of "genetic causes". Several Danish politicians has critisized Olsen for his statements.
---------------
I hope Olsen can come up with an explanation and an apology. :(

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't beleive in this tabloid paper.

Beside Olsen has had no problems coaching players of the ******* race.

Guess if he was a racist as this tabloid paper suggests, he couldn't have coached or even been in the same locker-room as players of the ******* race.

·
Registered
765 Posts
laziali said:
Danish newspaper
---------------
HAHAHA! wouldn't call this thrash tabloid paper a newspaper!

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
No matter what, it's not exactly wise to say such a thing. Don't know what he was thinking. I too hope he will come up with an apology.

·
Registered
765 Posts
But do you KNOW that he said it????

Remember this was the paper that carried a story about "fighting in the Danish camp" - the one about Gravesen and Tøfting making Grønkjær cry...when in fact he cried cos the water he got in his eyes in the waterfight was a sportsdrink of some sort...

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The story water fight story can't be compared to this one. In this story there is a direct quote from Olsen and so far he has not reacted and said anything else. Yes, I know BT isn't exactly the most reliable paper around but I don't think they would lie when they have an exact quote.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If he actually said it - he messed up ! Must be the heat or something!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
It sounds a bit strange to me, that Olsen said a thing like that, if he said it of course.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I guess he said it as he's not denying it. I do think though that Olsen when he says "genetic causes" means that in a football CULTURAL way the Africans as such play more dirty. I think this is what he means because he also says that "these HABITS haven't been removed from them" Habits are not genetics - genetics you can't alter - habits you can unless they are genetically caused..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Maybe Olsen was a bit frustrated after experiencing the way Senegal played against us. But there is no need to suggest that Olsen is a racist. In Africa people in general play tough in order to win. Maybe this was what Olsen was trying to say and by mistake it came out the wrong way.

KOM SÅ DANMARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
As we say:

Now that goat must be shaved (Så må den ged vist være barberet)

Now we can't cook more soup on that (Nu kan der vist ikke koges mere suppe på den)

No need to step on it more (ingen grund til at jokke rundt i det)

That was the feather that became 5 hens (Det var fjeren der blev til 5 høns)

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts