Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two red cards...the hell is wropng with em

they need a draw and get sent off
imbecils

total idiots

Lav
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
wow for a team who struggled just as much as we did in the first and got lucky with a draw, you sure do alot of talking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
Lav said:
Two red cards...the hell is wropng with em

they need a draw and get sent off
imbecils

total idiots

Lav
Thanx!!!
That's cheering me up...
:fero:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
I'm sure that I'm a better coach than Oliviera...:rolleyes: No single substitution made sense for me. If this is all he can do I will bring my little brother to teach him a couple of lessons in coaching...:rolleyes: :mad: :depress:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man i aint insultoing your team just two complete idiots and if u think they arnt well then u are stupid as hell they cost u guys a place in the second round and italy is struggling due to a coach who is still thinking defending is the way toi go and sticks to catencrap


in nay caase pinto and beto are a disgrace

esp pinto

could of taken the kids legs off

Lav
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,134 Posts
Abel Xavier should have started imo:D

It was a really tough break for the Portugesse though. Yet another talented and popular team goes out early:eek:
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Beto getting sent off was a joke the wasnt even any contact!!! The pinto inceident was preobably a red no complaints. The ref didnt want us to win but we in the end were desperatley unlucky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
It was a mess I know!

But that doesn't make me stop crying...

They should have sent the whole team in attack quite half an hour earlier, instead of waiting till they have enough defenders...

Seems I'll now have enough time to study for my exams...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,335 Posts
Here's what I've learned from watching the Portugal today...

1. Football is a game where the winner is decided by the referee, examples from this WC: Portugal-South Korea, Argentina-England, Turkey-Brazil...I can go on and on...

2. Joao Pinto is a friggin' disgrace. What a useless challenge.

3. Oliveira has coached his last game for the Portuguese NT. I was screaming midway through the first half to take Beto off. Portugal was already down by a man and needed a fresh defender on and Oliveira understood that Beto was a bird on a wire riding on his final chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
First, I am deeply sorry for Portugal. By the way my girlfriend is from there so I feel partially Portuguese too. I hoped we Italians avoided to play against the Seleçao Portuguesa in the second round, but I wanted both of our teams would proceed further and possibly meet in the semifinal.
I think the first red card on Joao Pinto was deserved, but the referee should have refrain from booking Beto again in the second half. The referee's behaviour during all the game and Korea's spirit to desperately win the game - in the second half - despite all they needed in order to win the group was a draw against Portugal, makes me think of some "plans" by FIFA to help Americans pass to the next round. They would love seeing football in America growing (=> $$$ MONEY) and this achievement could help that a lot. Maybe this is just a "conspiracy theory" but ... who knows ?
Anyway "we" had very bad luck in the last minutes of the game with that great shot on goal by Conceicao (I feel even more sorry for him, as he plays for my team, Inter) that hit the post, and another very big chance missed by Nuno Gomes. In the end, the best and more deserving team in this group went home and the "lucky" losers USA went on...:greed: ... We were hoping, at least, that they could be Italia next opponents, but now we will have to play the koreans and put them out by ourselves. After today's game we have one more reason to beat them.

Forza Italia e Força Portugal para sempre.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Why the hell is everyone on this board always riding Beto??.. People say he shouldnt have started.. Please if u know anything about soccer u know that Beto is clearly hands down the best defender on the Portugal squad..You can even compare his mobility, skills, freekick ability, air attack ETC... If u guys seriously think that anyone on Portugal is a better defender than Beto, u guys dont know [email protected]@T about soccer..

Even Rui Costa was quoted as saying like a week ago that without a doubt Beto is one of the best crntral defenders in Europe and for that matter the world..

Couto and J. Costa are garbage and over the hill... Andrade is a class act.. Frauchaut is way over-rated.. he's average at best...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
I almost forgot ... I think you should change the coach as soon as possible.. I think he didn't take ONE single right choice in all 3 games. In my opinion he was terrible and he has faults for what happened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
Portugal4ever said:
Why the hell is everyone on this board always riding Beto??.. People say he shouldnt have started.. Please if u know anything about soccer u know that Beto is clearly hands down the best defender on the Portugal squad..You can even compare his mobility, skills, freekick ability, air attack ETC... If u guys seriously think that anyone on Portugal is a better defender than Beto, u guys dont know [email protected]@T about soccer..

Even Rui Costa was quoted as saying like a week ago that without a doubt Beto is one of the best crntral defenders in Europe and for that matter the world..

Couto and J. Costa are garbage and over the hill... Andrade is a class act.. Frauchaut is way over-rated.. he's average at best...
I'm not arguing with you but with 10 men and Beto already having a yellow he should have taken him out for fresh legs and a clean record.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
G.T. said:
[BThe referee's behaviour during all the game and Korea's spirit to desperately win the game - in the second half - despite all they needed in order to win the group was a draw against Portugal, makes me think of some "plans" by FIFA to help Americans pass to the next round. They would love seeing football in America growing (=> $$$ MONEY) and this achievement could help that a lot. Maybe this is just a "conspiracy theory" but ... who knows ?[/B]
PLZ man korea played hard cause they had 60,000 fans cheeringa ll game wanting a goal, they were going nuts the whole time, the stadium is so loud i barely hear the announcers
and why should S.K settle fora draw when they can beat an undisciplined team that has 9 men and is trying to waste time with 45 mins to go

Originally posted by G.T. In the end, the best and more deserving team in this group went home and the "lucky" losers USA went on...:greed: ... We were hoping, at least, that they could be Italia next opponents, but now we will have to play the koreans and put them out by ourselves. After today's game we have one more reason to beat them.
[/B]
I agree the USA didnt derve to through, but portugal was ****, they didnt attack til lthe last 15 when they finnaly played like portugal of e2k and not some cocky holier than thou players.
in any case korea were by far the best team and not portugal
the USA showed us they got lucky vs portugal, should of lost to korea as well

in any case man italy needs a miracle, the way they are going now with trap in charge i doubt whether italy can keep up with hte koreans esp maldini who is slower than agoos, niot to mention canna is out

FORZA ITALIA
FOURI TRAP

Lav
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Lav said:
FORZA ITALIA
FOURI TRAP
The only thing more pathetic than Joao Pinto, Beto, Oliveira and Portugal overall today is......taking on another flag.

And PT4ever...you're 100% right. Beto is one of the best central defenders in the World. The way this guy man-marks such world class strikers as Paulo Alves (Gil Vicente), Hassan (Farense), Joao Pedro (Salgueiros) is outstanding! Book his ticket to the FIFA FOOTBALL hall of fame!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Lomes...

Your speaking like a true Portista fan.....I suppose u think Andrade is better?.... Please, if he was better he would be playing...Beto, let me remind u scored in the first game and JVP was very helpful in our win against Poland... I suppose Andrade and Capucho your Porto players did a better job in the world cup?..hhah please...

Win, u have a legimate argument, please come back....

By the way your keeper Baia, and Jorge (fat ass ) Costa are surperb..... hahahah
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
Oh please don't make this a struggle between Porto's and other team's fans.

Please!!!:)

I'm sad enough for today.:depress:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
im not a portista but vitor baia played a terrefic game today. him and pauleta were the only players who seemed to come back from that first horrible game against the U.S. I do not agree with what everything lomes said, esp. but lets not take this for a fact he knows alot about the game. I can tell u that cause i go in to is website alot for my pops who is a portista. Lets not make this a battle of the clubs. We lost thats that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
LadyD, don't get involved in this unless your a Pork Chop. Porko are a bunch of whining, pathetic, and not to mention corrupt oranization. With all that said,

I have to agree with Lomes, Beto scored one goal that doesn't make him the best especially marking a bunch of no ones in the Primeira Liga. Once he got that yellow, that should have brought in Xavier or Andrade. Sh!t even Caneira could have handled the right.

The problem was AO's tactics. Don't get me started on that. We were a joke in this cup and luckily France and Argentina make it easier for us a bit to not get crapped on by other supporters....
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top