Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Montella

Montella mentioned that he might be leaving Roma at the end of the season. it stated that Inter and REal Madrid would be happy as they targeted him in recent times.

People, i dont know about you, but i think that if Montella joins and becomes Raul's partner upfront, it would be impossible for REal Madrid to lose a game.

Montella is quality and he is exactley what real need.

what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
04/11/2002. According to the latest investigation by our sister site Futbolera, Italian giants AS Roma have sent an official to Madrid to propose a blockbuster deal that would bring Fernando Morientes to the Stadio Olimpico in exchange for Vincenzo Montella.

Giallorossi chief Fabio Capello is a known admirer of the Spanish international striker, having been fundamental in bringing the former Zaragoza star to Madrid during his time in charge of the Spanish capital club. Capello has failed in his several attempts to lure Morientes to the eternal city but never before could offer the 'little Aeroplane' as a sweetener, however.

The diminutive Italian striker himself, could very well be in favour of a move to Madrid, despite the fact that he just recently extended his contract with the Romanisti.

"Somtimes contracts are worth something, but things can always change in today's football world," hinted Montella on Thursday.

"The club was very sly to announce that I had extended my contract immediately after Capello decided to remain at Roma until 2005. In reality I had signed it way before," continued the tiny goal-machine, who is known to have a strained relationship with his fire-blooded boss.

montella for moro:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
If this is true then no i am against such a move. Morientes on his day is superior to me than Montella. If we got Montella and kept Mori then i would be more than happy for Montella to be in Madrid. I would hate for another top Spanish talent to get ruined in Italy. Hopefully its all BS. Cug, we got Zidane who is supposedly the best player in the world and we are beatable, getting Montella wouldnt change that.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i am sorry but there is no way in the world that moro is better than montella. I am sorry but i won't allow that to be said, to me moro is a mediocre player and the goal per game rate is clearly in favor of montella while playing in a league where scoring is always more difficult than in spain.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Yes yes, Mori on "His day". His day is once every 2 months:rolleyes: :depress: But I think this would hurt clubs, Mori is very dedicated to Real.... Even though Montella may be better..... It hurts Roma because we all know how Spaniards have not looked so good in Serie A:eek:

Then again, this article is probobly BULLSH!T

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
julien,

Montella is the better scorer, no doubt. But Montella offers nothing else then his scoring. Moro plays well off the ball and opens space for his teammates, and is a better passer as well when needed.

Saying this, Montella wins head-to-head simply based on the fact that he is not injured as much as Moro is. I am very surprised Capello would risk losing Montella at this stage, especially since Batigol seems to have lost his edge.

As much as i like Moro (and i do), we would actually gain in such a swap. Montella is also a player i like alot and i know he would add alot of value.

However, i can't see this happening.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
I would love to see Montella coming to real I think this
guy have a lot o personality, a thats a must for a team as big as real madrid, I know vampire that Moro plays well off the ball and opens space for his teammates, and is a better passer as well when needed, but we already got too many guys here that play well off the ball what we really need here is somebody who can score specially agains BIg teams like Bayern and Man Utd and not just like having a great game every two months like the one he had agaisnt little Las Palmas, even in that game after he scored 5 goals I knew he was gonna miss the PK, to break the mark of the 5 goals. Mori is not a star striker he is just lucky to play besides the likes of Raul and Figgo among otheres,

Montella have scored some awesome goals lately in seria A and against England in Elland Road, that guy is dynamite, bring him on.................

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Com'on! An italian for the Spanish counterpart!? No way!!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Alter,

Did you read my post? :D i said it would be great if we can make this switch, but i am being realistic, i don't see it happening. Roma would be insane to let Montella go right now.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I like Montella very much and seeing him in the shirt of "THE ENEMY" :devil: would break my heart... :( :cry:

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
nah,they can keep him.I also reckon Montella's a better overall player,but i just dont wanna see it happening.Moro has a true Madrid heart,he's a bit younger and i think once his injury problems are completely behind him,he's gonna get his consistency back.Remember his consistency in the second half of 98/99?

this season,he still hasnt completed too many games as yet.i think,infact i am almost sure it wouldnt be too many more than 10.give him one more season,he'll come good.

having said all that,i think we do need a striker who can be used in rotation with Raul and Moro.Montella woiuld be great for that.

Vamps,i think Montella is a lot more than just scoring goals.I think he is as good as any other striker in passing and intelligent movement that opens up space for other players.ok not any(nor Raul:D) but he's tops.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
The Merengue said:
nah,they can keep him.I also reckon Montella's a better overall player,but i just dont wanna see it happening.Moro has a true Madrid heart,he's a bit younger and i think once his injury problems are completely behind him,he's gonna get his consistency back.Remember his consistency in the second half of 98/99?

this season,he still hasnt completed too many games as yet.i think,infact i am almost sure it wouldnt be too many more than 10.give him one more season,he'll come good.

having said all that,i think we do need a striker who can be used in rotation with Raul and Moro.Montella woiuld be great for that.

Vamps,i think Montella is a lot more than just scoring goals.I think he is as good as any other striker in passing and intelligent movement that opens up space for other players.ok not any(nor Raul:D) but he's tops.
Exactly. People tend to forget that Mori is our top scorer he scored 16 goals for us in La Liga alone and more in the Copa Del Rey and the CL. Not bad for a so called player thats out of form and was injured at the beginning of the season. Merengue, i agree with you fully. I dont understand why so many people here are against him.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well, another plus for Moro is that he really understands Raul very very well. They play magnificent as a tandem.

But pound-for-pound a better goal scorer, and thats what we need more of the #9 position. Moro is having a good year, but he should have scored much more.

In the end, this won't happen, so its not worth debating it! :D

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
as i know Montella has continued the contract with AS Roma,just the same time with Capello's contract.

learned from the CL match against bayern,its exposed the weakpoint on the forward line.i wish a pure stricker come like Vieri with strong body and good skill.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:

Montella is the better scorer, no doubt. But Montella offers nothing else then his scoring. Moro plays well off the ball and opens space for his teammates, and is a better passer as well when needed.
Montella is, at least, twice a better player ON the ball than Morientes and much more mobile.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Rafo said:
...Montella is, at least, twice a better player ON the ball than Morientes and much more mobile.
Obviously haven't seen Mori as long as Montella... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Morientes isn't a top class player.Raul doing all the jod.all the defenders watch him and morientes has space to move.and don't talk adout zidane and figo.with this two behind every simply good player seems top class!montella has show his class with small teams(emboli,samptoria)and big teams(roma,italy).i don't thing morientes could play in small clubs.so montella is better from morientes.

FORZA ROMA!

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
the problem with Morientes is that he is not efficient, when I was watch the bayern game figo served him a ball on a silver plater in front of Kahns post & blew it.

I think Real board is loosing it's patients with him and from what I read he may fetch 30 euro's on the market. If that's true than we can expect morientes to be heading out of Madrid.

The parntership with Raul as far as understanding was not evident in the Bayern game, they both appeared to have a hard time understanding one another and did not compliment one another.:(

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
--
MADRID, April 13 (Reuters) - Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes has hinted that he may leave the Spanish first division club at the end of the season.

'I am a professional and I realise that football doesn't end with Real Madrid,' the Spanish international told a news conference on Saturday.

'I have always said that I want to stay at the club, but I don't want to be in a place where they are not happy with me and recently things have not been going as I would like.

'As everyone knows, even though my contract is for another four years these agreements can be broken in an instant.

'My future depends on the club because my opinion doesn't really count. Up until now they have supported me, but when they open the door to negotiations...well then to me it is obvious what is going to happen.'

Morientes' comments followed reports in the Spanish and Italian press that Real Madrid are preparing to negotiate with their former coach Fabio Capello, who wants to bring the powerful centre forward to AS Roma.

The 26-year-old international, who has scored 67 goals since joining Real from Zaragoza five years ago, is the club's top scorer with 17 strikes this season.

He was, however, left out of the starting line-up for the recent match against Barcelona and for the Champions League quarter-final, first leg at Bayern Munich.

He regained his place for Real's 2-0 win over the German side in the return leg at the Bernabeu this week, but was heavily criticised in the press for missing a number of clear-cut scoring chances early in the game.
--

There are better strikers than Morienties, plus he can sometimes be rather inconsistent. I would like to see him stay at Real Madrid, however, and I doubt that such a switch would happen, anyway.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts