Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to talk about him. We always underrate him. We talked about how telanted Raul is, how troublesome Anelka is, then reviviscent Macca, legend Sanchiz and Hierro, we never put Mori in SIGHT since he is a low-pitched person, but also, no one really takes him serious! :(

Suddenly, I found Mori has his madie value too! To see what happen recently to him-->injured; returned but played so so; various rumors about him, but always considered as a sub of Bati; goal in final; to see daylight in his carrer in Real; be dropped fron Eruo2000 :(.........I really miss that previous peaceful time for him!

OK, all of you,give me your opinion about him to me! Is he really that inferior? Should he have one place in National Team? Do you really wanna see him leave Real (after we think we can have a in form Anelka which sounds crap for me!)?

I have bias on him, but I wanna hear some objective opinions!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
He should stay at Real for always.
He should start up front alongside Raul for Spain.
I love the guy but he has not been performing that well recently, maybe the goal in the CL final is the spur he needs :)

J

·
0 Posts
The Bloke is a top Player without a doubt but ANELKA is in good form....
So he is bein Shadowed...

------------------
FORCA PORTUGAL
FORCA DRAGOES

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Hey, where have you been real player?! After the rumor went up here that Mori may be leaving this place turned into a real Amazon! ;) Everyone was fighting, wether he would stay, go or ???Dunno, we were so mad! A number of posts were written about this! I think it's afir to say he and Raul are one of the new BIG trademarks to Real Madrid and simply everyone wants him to stay! I don't blame you, because he is just superbly talented, only having some bad luck lately. If anyone wants proof, look at his record in the Spain shirt --->>> 13 games played and 10 goals!!! WOW :D :D :D :D :D What else does Camacho want? This is an international scoring machine, better than any other player in Spain at the moment! I am shocked! :(

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Morientes should stay forever at Real!!!
Well if Real does not want him, he can always come to Milan, he will be more than welcomed! :)
But frankly, Mori and Raul are the best striking partnership of La Liga and one of the finest and deadliest in the world!
So i really really really don't understand Camacho's decision of dropping him out of the squad!What the F.u.c.k went into that dumbass's head???
Can anyone please explain that to me?Maybe you dear Senor Labas? :) :) :)
But why is Josi Mari out of the Spain squad?The one playing in Milan from Atletico Madrid?He is a heck of a forward:very fast, skilled and scores some nice and vital goals.
Anyways, Mori por sempre Madrileno!

Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez Les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

The world will be...Rossonero...again!

D

·
0 Posts
Jose Mari is in the U-21 squad San Siro.

I, too, don't understand why Morientes was excluded. What has Urzaiz done this season? He's not even an unquestionable starter at Bilbao! Morientes has successfully staved off Anelka's challenge for his position. He scored twelve goals in La Liga and six in The CL. I say that's pretty decent for a striker who has not been in his best form and has struggled with injuries, not to mention the fact that he's often substituted to give Anelka some playing time.

By the time Morientes gets his next chance to play in the Euro Championships, he'll be 28. And that's very late for a player of his quality.

Camacho has had all the right answers since he took over Spain's national team. But I'm not so sure he can explain this. Still though, Spain to win it all.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
IMO Jase Mari lost his last hope to play for Spain, when he moved to Italy. I dunno if yuo guys know this, but international players from the 3 strongest leauges(Primera, Serie A, and Premiersh|t) never move abroad. Look at Spain's 22 - not a single guy from outside Spain! WOW! Pretty much the same goes for England, excluding now Macca. Italy has been a bit on the down with this stat lately as a lot of Italian managers are working abroad and bringing in their players. But what this is all suppose to prove is Jose Mari never ever had a hope of getting hid first call-up, if he had leaved Spain. And he did. I knew right then he was not gonna be in the squad and I was right. I admire his talent and play, but Spain is just such a country that if the people don't see you onm a regular basis you're a gonner. And just to verify that, there wasn't a single Spaniard playing abroad in the France'98 squad either.

I'm not gonna comment Camacho, because enough has been said and it's really pointless. We all know it was a mistake andlet's just hope Spain doesn't pay for it, although I think they will. I have them making the semis and losing to Sweden - IO alwys wondered why? Now I know... :(

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Nice theory Labas about Josi Mari but on that one i must disagree! :)
Why?Simply because Josi Mari only got his chance very late in the season because of a di.ck.head of moroon called Zac who insisted to play his fav player Biersh,it instead of that young promising star!See you next year when Josi Mari will be associated with Sheva!
They will do havoc all over Europe and Serie A!And if a player is given a fair chance and delivers which will be Josi Mari's case next season, then he will be on the Spain squad!

Forza Josi Mari!
Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

The world will be...Rossonero..again!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
There's nothing to disagree on San Siro. What I posted are just facts! Not a single player from ouside of Spain in EURO 2000 and France 98. That sais it all, and what did yu expect man? Did you really think Jose Mari would get his first ever cap after leaving Spain!? It was a impossibility and we all know it here - I'm talking like a Spaniard aren't I? Sorry :eek: And don't go blaming Zacherroni for it, because it was Jose Mari's decision and he was full aware of the consequences. He has a greta future and I hope he makes it really great in Milan although I may be one of the few that think Bierhoff is still one of the best in the world.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Labas, interesting theory....but it is not the time to give a smily cuz I am still soooooooo angry!!!

I also don't know why Jose Mari can't get a place in Milan though he just showed quality at the very beginning since he arrived. Maybe it is because he is still young then the coach decided to give Bierhoff more chances before he retires??? To say Bierhoff is classy is odd....really! Does football become headball for him?

Now, turn back to topic. What I really can't accept is that Camacho never even gave an exact reason for this. So I GUESS.....yup, from all the years that I focus on Mori......I really found he has been highly IGNORED!!!
I didn't see Urzaiz, Gerard much, so I can't yall out madly that they are overrated (though I want to)......but to check the record....I found they do nothing!!!

Here is the score board of this season:
27 - Salva Ballesta (Racing Santander)
24 - Catanha (Malaga), Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Atletico Madrid)
22 - Roy Makaay (Deportivo Coruna)
21 - Savo Milosevic (Real Zaragoza)
18 - Diego Tristan (Real Mallorca)
17 - Raul Gonzalez (Real Madrid)
15 - Patrick Kluivert (Barcelona)
13 - Gaizka Mendieta (Valencia), Victor Fernandez (Valladolid)
12 - Rivaldo (Barcelona), Fernando Morientes (Real Madrid), Juan Carlos Gomez (Sevilla)
11 - Dely Valdes (Oviedo), Dani Garcia (Barcelona), Joseba Etxeberria (Athletic Bilbao), Claudio Lopez (Valencia), Manuel Canabal (Rayo Vallecano)
10 - Alfonso Perez (Real Betis), Raul Tamudo (Espanyol), Djalminha (Deportivo Coruna), Vassilis Tsartas (Sevilla), Yordi Gonzalez (Real Zaragoza), Ruben Navarro (Numancia), Bolo Perez (Rayo Vallecano)
9 - Luis Figo (Barcelona), Oscar de Paula (Real Sociedad) Juanele Castano (Real Zaragoza), Carlos Dominguez (Real Mallorca)

I can't see their name and I am not BLIND!!!

OK, some analysises gave several possible reasons:
1) Mori is suffering injury
--> c'mon, he just scored in CL final, what a classy match!!!....if he really injured that seriously, Bosque won't let him play since Real has various forwards, and it is an important match....any smart coach wouldn't waste a place for an injured player

2)He just scored 12 goals in La Liga
-->to add the evidence above, I can give you more to overset it. What a forward that every team wants? Can you see sometimes the # of goals means NOTHING? We need a KILLER, a true one, who can have the ABILITY to scroe important goals!!! Not that kind of forwards just know how to insult Morroco! Why Ducthman never complains that Bergkamp didn't score much but still is a regular forward? As I always said, Mori is LETHAL!!!

3)Urzaiz more fits for his tactic
-->some other ppl said Urzaiz has good touches, and headers....I think no one will deny me that Mori also has good touches, and headers (of course can't compare with Bierhoff)! From what I saw, they are just almost the same kind of forwards. Who is better? dunno cuz I rarely see Urzaiz play. But I think it is Mori.

Personally, I think the reason is that Camacho just as most of the ppl, he ignores Mori's value though he is a good coach on many other sides! Second, maybe he has bias on Urzaiz....I remember I rarely saw Mori play for Spain since Camacho became the coach.

[This message has been edited by real player (edited 30-05-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
With all due respect to you real_player, but if you have not seen Urzaiz play, than how can you give an opinion on him. Look, Ismael Urzaiz is really a great player(IMO at least) great header of the ball, but also superb technichally. I agree he hasn't scored that many goals this year, but he was definitely 3rd or 4th last year. He scored a really amazing goal in the Camp Nou in January 1999 in a terible game. I really admire him and like I said don't blame Camacho for taking him, because he was an OBVIOUS choice. Really, there was no doubts about him, it was Alfonso who took Morientes' place. I am trying to tell you guys this! Spaniard suggested not too long ago, that the only reason Urzaiz is in the squad is because he's a Basque, which I find, bull because Camacho could've easily played Guerrero instead of Gerard and Mori ahead of Urzaiz right? But he didn't so that's the wrong way to look at it. I just think Fernando was incredibly unlucky and we have to somehow accept it :( :( :(

And why are you guys calling the Spain thing a theory?! It's a fact! Albert Ferrer didn't get into the side simply, because he's in England! I don't think there's any doubt he's just as good as Velasco!

P

·
0 Posts
Labas is right: It's a well-known fact in Spain that the seleccion (especially Camacho) drops/ignores/overlooks (choose what you want) Spanish players who are abroad. This is more than the rule than the exception.

I don't think it's a theory but a well-known procedure. Maybe it's not every time, but more times than not, this is the case

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, I don't wanna keep it on now, after several day, I have already learned to accept the fact.....though life sux :(-->(nothing seemed right for me, even Sampras lost the first leg on French Open :( :( :()

I mean I RARELY saw him, so I did see him play, just not at the right time. I dunno, I saw him several times in Eurocopa preliminary contest, but I felt he's average....don't object me cuz I have been touchy recently....and I will totally focus on him in Euro2000, then I will find out the true answer for myself.
Aboout Alfonso, I didn't see his old good days, I just found he's average too.
about the Basque theory, I don't think it this way too....due to the respect to Camacho (though I mad on him now), after all he even is a Madridista.....

And if unfortunately, you right on the Spain thing, Mori really should try his best to stick with Real....

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yeah, you're probably right on this one - BUT:
1) in the past Spaniards that have left Spain were either old or not first team regulars ( Ferrer, Ivan de la Peña, Jose Mari). With Morientes it's a different story - Young, great scoring record for Spain, so if he would like start ripping the Serie A apart with his goals (and I bet he would), Camacho would simply have to give him a call. Of course we're only talking hypothically here, because he's a madritista till he dies. (I HOPE! :()

About Alfonso Perez - I saw him play lately in the game Betis - Real and believe me he was really world class. By this I mean just excellent. If you rememeber I brought this up on the board here, unfortunately everyone seems to ignore me :( and we got what we deserved - a in form Alfonso took Morientes' spot in the squad. He may not be consistant, but he can really play, when ion form.

And real player!!! Why don'y you visit www.sportsfansonline.com ? I am also a diehard Pete Sampras fan, and just like you got absolutely down, after his loss! How unlucky can one be, right? :( After the game Icalled God, so may insults, I probabl;y should now go to some church, because I must be doomed ;)

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went there several times, when I really have plenty of time. But it is kinda annoying to see Anna, Anna, and still Anna... :eek:

But France never is the place for Pete....tell the truth, I have already knew that he ouldn't be disappointed again :(. Anyway, tennis is not that attractive for me now cuz all my faves are gonna be too old to play (or retire)......and I still couldn't find the new one to support.

And about Mori, Alfonso, Urzaiz, Spain ect. all the facts/theories......I'll believe in you first, however, no match to see now....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts