Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morientes hedges bets over Real Madrid future

MADRID, May 30 (Reuters)(DS) - Disappointed Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes, who was left out of Spain's Euro 2000 squad
over the weekend, hinted on Tuesday that he could be prepared to listen to offers from other clubs.

Morientes has always insisted he wants to stay on at the Spanish club next season, despite rumours of a possible 4,000
million pesetas ($22.52 million) move to Italy.

"My idea has always been to stay on at Real Madrid," said Morientes, who scored the opening goal in his side's 3-0
Champions League final victory over Valencia last week. "Now, after winning the European Cup even more so.

"I'm sure the club are happy with me and that's important but it's also true that my departure from Real could be a great
piece of business for me and the club.

"It's not something that I'm thinking about at the moment but at the same time there's no reason to completely close the door."

On the matter of his omission from Spain's Euro 2000 squad, Morientes said he was disappointed but not distraught.

"I've heard and read recently that I'm depressed and hurt (by the decision) but nothing could be further from the truth," he
said.

"It was disappointing not to be called up, I won't deny it, but now my plan is to recover from a long season and enjoy my holidays."
http://www.dailysoccer.com

I dunnoo...It all sounds too diplomatic

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
How dissapointing can it get guys? :( I'm so sad. And if Mori does go and it's less then what that prick Viero got i'll be completely devastated. I hope Sanz realises Mori is just as good or even better a striker than Vieri and demands a price that would be equal to his ability. Excuse me if I say so, but if mori goes for the 23 mln $, I think Sanz is simply a fuc*in' moron. Nothing more, nothing less.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's just hope Sanz is a man of his word and keeps el Moro on board.

Like you said (I think it was you Labas), him being overlooked may keep predators away. They may see this has a slump in form and lose interest or want to pay less in which case Sanz wouldn't sell. (we hope)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
yep, please God (aka Raul) make Mori stay at Real until he is too old.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Mori MUST stay at Real!Why the hell would he leave the most titled and greatest team of the world (with Milan of course! :) ) to a second-gategory squad such as Roma?I simply cann't understand it!
And yes i agree with you Labas, that Mori is WAY better than Vieri!Vieri has only the power and a good header whereas Mori has it all!Technics, skills, header, left foot, right foot, scores, makes score...and is fabulous to watch!
I also people read on Milan forum, here's the link: http://www.milanmania.com/forums/Forum5/HTML/000398.html that Real might be after Sheva!!!In that case that would explain the reason of selling Mori!That's understandable!Raul and Sheva will be the perfect combination that would RULE the world BUT...that's a pure dream!Sheva ain't going nowhere!He's Milanista, he's the Future of Milan and Milan already refused 60 Million Pounds from Bayern...so Real won't get Sheva and Mori should stay in Madrid!And everyone will be happy!

Forza Mori Madrileno!
Forza Sheva Milanista!

Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez Les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

The world will be...Rossonero...again!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Shevchenko!? No,we all know that's impossible and frankly I like Morientes more. I'm not saying he's the better of the 2 now, but well, I just love Madritistas! :D :D

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Like you said (I think it was you Labas), him being overlooked may keep predators away. They may see this has a slump in form and lose interest or want to pay less in which case Sanz wouldn't sell. (we hope)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope so, though I have another view. I think the omission of National Team will be a influence that make those Italian clubs raise their hopes of Mori since his status in teams became very unstable. Now Anelka is the biggest menace for him. (how unbelievable, they even trust in Anelka! We couldn't imagine it one month ago.)

And 24M is totally unacceptable....but who can tell what Sanz will do?
Hope no one really give a good price for Mori, then Sanz must keep him in Real.......
Of course, I like Mori more :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Like I said, we have to pray nothing comes of it. And for me this is all just to sticky. I mean everything seems not right with mor's possable transfer! I can't believe he'll go for less than 40 mln, then we have other problems, it's just so weird. Now the lack of him in EURO 2000- will it be good for him!? I really don't know anymore, it's all so tangled up, so many possiblities :( I hate modern football ;)!!! All We, as members of xtartime can do is have hope! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts