Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morientes move closer

Fernando Morientes could finally be on the verge of joining Liverpool with Real Madrid reportedly agreeing to a deal of around £7 million for the striker, along with goalkeeper Cesar.

Liverpool have reportedly upped their bid for Spanish international striker Morientes to around £6.5 million, and Real have finally agreed to allow him to leave.

New Real coach Wanderley Luxemburgo had dismissed the chance of Morientes moving to Anfield, but it now seems as though they have accepted his departure as they cannot guarantee him regular first team action.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has now also turned his attention to Real's reserve goalkeeper Cesar, and he will be involved in the deal totalling around £7 million.

Cesar is unable to get near to the starting XI at El Santiago Bernabeu with Iker Casillas settled as the club's number one.

With Cesar's contract expiring at the end of the season, Real are ready to let him move to Anfield for a small fee.

Benitez had said that he wanted an experience keeper to add to his squad with Chris Kirkland set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Cesar will now be joining Morientes on the trip to Merseyside as he finally seals his protracted move to Liverpool.

A number of other sides had thought to be on the trail of Morientes, with Newcastle and Monaco interested, but the Spaniard had set his heart on joining Benitez at Anfield.

Although new coach Luxemburgo had not wanted Morientes to leave, he was unable to offer him regular football and Real have finally decided that they will allow him to leave.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=248584

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Has Cesar played in the CL this season?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Owen has played better then Ronaldo and Raul this year Kiyan, and Zidane and Beckham too.

Who will be Iker's back-up, if this is true?

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
me too Lista :confused:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Kiyan said:
Waste...:(

Give Owen back to them for free instead.

7 mill? :rolleyes: He's worht 5 times that value.
35m ? I think you need to get your numbers worked out... :rolleyes:

Owen's been better then most of the of squad so stop acting like some spoiled child.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Lista said:
I was under the impession that Luxemburgo wants to keep Moro. What happened with that?
He did want to keep him.

However, after talks with the player and his agent, Luxemburgo made it clear that Ronaldo and Raul were his first-choice attacking options but that Morientes would be favoured to Owen. That didn't seem good enough to convince Moro to stay. :(

I am even more upset because he is worth much more than £7m. :mad:

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Spoiled child?

I think you either misunderstood me, or you just plain don't know me. No one is doubting how good Owen has played for us this season, not even myself. But I have had sentiment for the club long before you probably became a fan. And too me keeping Morientes who has Real Madrid tattooed on his heart is more important than keeping Owen.

Vampire Lestat said:
Owen has played better then Ronaldo and Raul this year Kiyan, and Zidane and Beckham too.

Who will be Iker's back-up, if this is true?

Bring back Carlos Sanchez from the B team I say. I thought he did a really good job filling the void for Iker last year against Mallorca. And he's a Real Madrid youth too.

Lestat, please post more often.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Kiyan said:
Morientes who has Real Madrid tattooed on his heart.
well said :relieved: :frownani:

·
Registered
755 Posts
you people need to understand Morientes position.

he's 28
he's 3rd/4th striker.

he has what 3-4 years left right at the top.

this is the point in a footballers career when they should be settled and in a club where they are playing week in week out. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AT MADRID. THIS WAS NOT HAPPENING BEFORE OWEN EVEN SIGNED. HAVE PEOPLE FORGOTTEN WHY HE LEFT BEFORE!!!!

he's been pissed at Madrid since the day Ronaldo signed. it was a kick in the face then and nothing has changed.

he should have never come back.

·
Registered
611 Posts
my feelings on this

-luxemborgo wanted to keep him, but there is not enough time for him to play

-i think the price is pretty fair, especially seeing what zlatan imbrahimovic got from juve

-moro deserves to play, no need to have 4 world class strikers if one only sees mopup duty

-hopefully, opens the door to gerrard in the summer

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
He did want to keep him.

However, after talks with the player and his agent, Luxemburgo made it clear that Ronaldo and Raul were his first-choice attacking options but that Morientes would be favoured to Owen. That didn't seem good enough to convince Moro to stay. :(

I am even more upset because he is worth much more than £7m. :mad:
What did I tell you last night in the World Football forum regarding Moro? :stuckup: Ronaldo and Owen should be the starting pairing if Raul continues to play the way he has played so far this season. Owen merits a START from what he has done. What else is he supposed to do? Real need to concentrate on merit rather than reputation/name to kickstart their season.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
raul needs to get his act together in this part of the season. He did jack all last year, and we cannot tolerate his rank bad goalscoring of late.
Would seriously consider Totti in the summer, which may be financed be selling Raul, and frankly why not?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Tony Montana said:
raul needs to get his act together in this part of the season. He did jack all last year, and we cannot tolerate his rank bad goalscoring of late.
Would seriously consider Totti in the summer, which may be financed be selling Raul, and frankly why not?
Since Robinho is going to be a Merengue so that solves the Zidanesque problems. Here's one for the ages.

RVN <-> Raul

Plus £15 mil? Galactico and the world's most prolific goalscorer. Tough one to pull off but Ferguson is a great admirer of Raul. Problem is Raul is too dear for Real. Question is what is important under these circumstances? The name or the game?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Haroon said:
Since Robinho is going to be a Merengue so that solves the Zidanesque problems. Here's one for the ages.

RVN <-> Raul

Plus £15 mil? Galactico and the world's most prolific goalscorer. Tough one to pull off but Ferguson is a great admirer of Raul. Problem is Raul is too dear for Real. Question is what is important under these circumstances? The name or the game?
What?

Where the heck did you come up with this? TribalFootball.com or something?

First off, Real Madrid would never, ever sell Raul Gonzalez as the Bernabeu would be coming down in flames, along with Florentino Perez and his immediate family.

Secondly, do you know how hard it would be for RvN should he be traded for Raul? Plus, Madrid would have to include cash to cover the difference at the moment, and the expectations would be _ridiculously enormous_ for van Nistelrooy. He could not fill the shoes of Spain's all-time leading goal scorer, the Champions' League's all-time leading goal scorer and winner of three European Cups. No chance.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Oh... and one more thing...

SCREW YOU, MICHAEL OWEN!

We will never forget Moro. Never.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Im glad Morientes finally is gonna enjoy
first team action, he deserves more of what he
was getting form Real, these are the types of situation
in life some people imigrate from their home country.

Its always better where you were born, where you got all your relatives, your childhood friends, your deads, your language, your culture but one day you find that you dont have opportunities here, you feel humilliated, youir feel worthlesss but somewhere else in a different country there are people who need you and people who would give your work credit, what would you do?

ask that question to your realatives
who have to left their home country
looking for a better future.

Morientes will be missed but never forgotten.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts