Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question of Mori's future is inevitable. He was brought in on a loan to replace Nonda (who was injured and out for the full season) and I think he has done reasonably well. Nothing is decided yet for Monaco and his experience could well be decisive in the quest for a league title (currently #1) and a serious CL challenge (down 2-1 to Lokomotiv in the first leg of the playoffs). However, in Nonda's absence, the 20-year-old Adebayor has emerged and emulated the former admirably. It's my understanding that Prso is moving on a free transfer this summer, so that leaves [a presumably healty] Nonda, Adebayor and, of course, Morientes. So the question is whether his presence is required. Given Monaco's recent financial history, I would be very surprised to learn that they could afford his transfer fee (and perhaps wages). Is it a given then that Mori would be returning to Real?

And if so, do you want him? Is there space for him? Will he be kept or sold to a Spanish club?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Morientes isnt going to stay in monaco for two reasons:

1. They can hardly afford his wages, and morientes isn't a normal striker he could cost in the region of $20m.

2. He said he is happy in Monaco but he said that it would affect his career if he stayed there.

So that leaves us with three options:

1. Sell him and get the cash

2. Pay his "world class" wages while being on the bench

3. Money plus him for the next "galatico"

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
I heard him saying he isnt going back to RM and also wont stay in Monaco.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
He knows he can stay in Madrid, that would be the end of his career. Ronaldo is unique and he couldn't play in the whole season.

In fact, if I were Portillo, I would be really worried. I realized that he's playing worst this season and I see the guy with no ambition. He's in his bench seat really comfortable, but he could waste his talent.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Koeman4 said:
In fact, if I were Portillo, I would be really worried. I realized that he's playing worst this season and I see the guy with no ambition. He's in his bench seat really comfortable, but he could waste his talent.
Actually he wasn´t even in the bench against Celta. It got even worse when both Ronaldo and Raul quit the the field and we played with Nuñez as a lone striker (Nuñez is a right midfielder). Portillo got really pissed at this and his agents are going to hold talks with Valdano.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
MILLS said:
Actually he wasn´t even in the bench against Celta. It got even worse when both Ronaldo and Raul quit the the field and we played with Nuñez as a lone striker (Nuñez is a right midfielder). Portillo got really pissed at this and his agents are going to hold talks with Valdano.
i thought portillo and juanfran weren't called up because of injuries or something like that?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
MILLS said:
It's not strange that... if I were him, I would know that the world doesn't end in the Bernabeu. He's young, he has talent, perhaps he should ask to be loaned or something like that. What it is true, it's that he only can lose being out of the team constantly... the same goes for Morientes.

In this case, Real Madrid has a unique option, Ronaldo, the rest will be always benched.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Morientes deserves to be getting playing time, he is a young player and if he were to stay at Real Madrid he would be always be the 3rd option even if Ronaldo is in bad shape because I feel that Real Madrid is forced to play their stars, no matter how bad they of a form they are in. That's just me, though.

Portillo was really coming into his own last season, i thought alot of you guys were tipping him to be the next chapter of Raul for Madrid. What happen to him?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Patrick, Morientes isn't young infact he is bigger than Raul (26) and Ronaldo (27).

Portillo just doesn't get enough time to show his quality but i still think he is over-rated, IMO Real Madrid shouldn't have rejected the loan offers for him, he would have more playing time and more goals and most importantly experience as Lazio were one of the intrested sides.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Morientes just turned 27 if i remember correctly so he is fairly young.

To be honest as much as i love Morientes, he would be wasting his talent if he were to come to Madrid again and i would hate to see him rot on the bench because he is simply too good for that. He is a proven goalscorer and i am sure he will not have any trouble going to a top club, Capello is a big admirer of him so maybe he would go to Roma?

Morientes :star: :strong:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
Patrick, Morientes isn't young infact he is bigger than Raul (26) and Ronaldo (27).

Portillo just doesn't get enough time to show his quality but i still think he is over-rated, IMO Real Madrid shouldn't have rejected the loan offers for him, he would have more playing time and more goals and most importantly experience as Lazio were one of the intrested sides.

If anything, the fact that he is a year or two older then Raul and Ronaldo is more reason for him to leave because it means that both Ronnie and Raul are going to be the stars at Real Madrid for several years to come...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts