Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Juventus.com has inform that Juventus has bougth Emiliano Moreti, a young talent from Fiorentina, he play last season and made quite impact.
What is not clear to me is that in other news site, says that he will come until 2003, but the official site doesn't say so...??
Anyone has news on this?

·
Registered
112 Posts
It appears that Juve have signed Emiliano Moretti from Fiorentina for £1.5m, however, the player will only join Juve in the 2003/2004 season, and will remian at Fiorentina for 1 more year to help the squad gain promotion to Serie A. This move was described as a 'gift' from Juve to Fiorentina, who are in a deep financial crisis.

Some information about Moretti:

• birth date: 6/11/1981
    birth place: Roma
    birth Nation: Italy
    height: 185
    weight: 80
    nationality: Italy
    position: defender

·
Registered
112 Posts
Guys there is a slight chance that Moretti would be joining us in the upcoming season. In an Italian radio interview, he said that he has already packed his things from Fiorentina and is ready to join the champions (Juve) very soon. This,ofcourse, have added confusion to the situation, as everyone have thought earlier, as reported, that Moretti will be playing one last season with the Viola before joining Juve.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Italian-soccer.com informs that he will join immediately, as soon as the new season begins.
Well, very good news!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Anastacia said:
It appears that Juve have signed Emiliano Moretti from Fiorentina for £1.5m, however, the player will only join Juve in the 2003/2004 season, and will remian at Fiorentina for 1 more year to help the squad gain promotion to Serie A. This move was described as a 'gift' from Juve to Fiorentina, who are in a deep financial crisis.
a "gift"!?! :howler: Juve robbed Fiorentina on that one!!! he's the most promising italian defender and the bianconeri snatch him up for a mere £1.5 mil...
so much for Agnelli's "generosity"... :rolleyes:

to be honest i haven't seen him play though,i'm only reporting what i've heard about him. i knew Roma supposedly were very interested earlier this year

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's what the press described it - a gift. I think its because Fiorentina are needing money badly and no one is interested in any of there players. Anyway, I've seen Morreti play for Fiorentina this season, he marked Ronaldo well against Inter. Also marked Trezeguet, and other hitmans. At that price, he is more than welcome! But the issue here is when will he be joining us, this season or the next?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
:D

At least it's not the worst Viola defender we could have picked up, and even if the times I've seen him leave me tempted to agree with AMO, he could improve alot still.

But the most impressive Italian young defender he definately isn't.

Ciao.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Who cares what's Moretti's true worth? When you're only 21 years of age, you're not on the management's plans.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Why are some of you underestimating Moretti ?? Its true that he is only 21, but he could also be helpful. He can play Zenoni's part last season (remember his unforgetable performance against Milan in the Cup). Players like Zenoni and Moretti can always improve. If he (Moretti) wasn't important to Lippi and Juve, we wouldn't have minded keeping him one more season with Fiorentina. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Anastacia, noone underestimates Moretti. It is perfectly fair that the only reason Moretti is taking the benefit of the doubt from Glen and Steph due to his young age- because if you have seen him play... well. :)

Well Glen, Viola has an absurd number of crap defenders. I will agree however that Moretti is better than Pierini and Tarozzi but he is still a disaster.

Werent Birindelli, Falsini and Rinaldi 21 once? Guess what, they're still crap. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mikey said:
It's as if some think Juve have never bought bad players before!

He's rubbish.
I could not agree more. The sad part is that Moggi will use Moretti and Fresi as an excuse not to buy anyone to replace Thuram.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts