Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moretti content with Viola Tuesday 25 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highly rated Emiliano Moretti has said he would be happy to remain at Fiorentina despite interest from a number of Serie A clubs.

The stopper was linked with a variety of sides last summer but no agreement was reached with the Viola.

However, the Under-21 international has admitted that three clubs are seriously interested in his services for the new campaign.

"Last year every newspaper was linking me with clubs up and down the country but then it ended as it did and I happily stayed at Fiorentina," he told ‘La Nazione’.

"Now though everything has gone quiet. It seems as if no one is interested in me. But I’m very calm about the situation.

"To be honest those rumours caused me a bit of stress but my agent has told me that three clubs have contacted him.

"One is a major side, one a mid-table and the last a small club – but all are from Serie A. However, for the time being I’m staying at Fiorentina. I’ll only swap clubs if a deal is reached."

The big club that Moretti spoke about is believed to be either Roma or Lazio who have been heavily linked with the youngster in the past. Even if Inter can’t be ruled out of the equation.

The player is expected to be sold in a bid to ease the Tusan outfit’s serious financial difficulties. He is valued at around £7m.

channel4 ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts