Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Ok the red card to Totti may be too much but he isn't the worst ref in this World Cup...we saw many worse referies...unfortunately.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIFA is ****ed in the head, you simply can't put an inexperienced Ecuadorian ref in there for a huge match like this. Of course he's gonna take revenge for Ecuador, and he did, he was Korea's man of the match.

Gabemar I read your post in the WC forum about this, you can't possibly think he wasn't against Italy today, it was so obvious.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
King Italy said:
FIFA is ****ed in the head, you simply can't put an inexperienced Ecuadorian ref in there for a huge match like this. Of course he's gonna take revenge for Ecuador, and he did, he was Korea's man of the match.

Gabemar I read your post in the WC forum about this, you can't possibly think he wasn't against Italy today, it was so obvious.
I agree in that if they were goinn to use a Ref from Conmebol, dont use one from Ecuador... Why start controversies EVEN if he refereed perfectly, it has room for doubts... ;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
But Byron Moreno had a good reputation till yesterday...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
well he lost his rep in that game:fero:

·
94,488 Posts
Byron Moreno hits back Italy's criticism

MILAN, June 20 (DS) -

Italy and South Korea match ref Byron Moreno hits back the latest criticism received from Giovanni Trapattoni, Italy national team and the whole Italian nation.
"I am not the right person to be blamed for Italy's World Cup failure. The players are to be blamed as they failed to score the necessary amount of goals," :lala: said the ref, underscoring FIFA had earlier contacted him and expressed gratification at his refereeing.
"I don't understand the Italians who feel so angry with me. I didn't have any problems with them. The main problem is the following: everyone considered Italy national team to be the favorites, while the team failed to overcome the rivals' challenges from the very beginning."
Referring to Francesco Totti's red card, the ref stated:
"Totti's diving was quite obvious and FIFA's records proved that. Totti fell down before the Korean played even hit him. In that situation I had to caution him, and it was his second bookable offense and so I had to send him off. "
Despite the fact that Moreno was excluded from the list of the referees that will ref the rest of the World Cup matches, he expressed his confidence that he will be involved in the next World Cup to be held in Germany.

:cap:

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's unbeliavable how an incapable fat-man like Byron Moreno has been chosen to be the referee in a World Cup match...

·
94,488 Posts
boban77 said:
It's unbeliavable how an incapable fat-man like Byron Moreno has been chosen to be the referee in a World Cup match...
With FIFA ... nothing...nothing at all is unbeliavable anymore :mute:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts