Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody seems to want to get more strength among the attackers, people speak daily about Rivaldo, Jardel, Lopez and other brilliant strikers.
Perhaps we need some new names to sharpen our offense but the way I see it, we mostly need to have better defenders.

At the Inter-forum they are discussing Panucci. He has said he wants to leave Inter. That would be a great chance for us to strength out defense. He has said he wants to leave for a foreign club or re-joineing Capello, but I guess Cragnottis money could change his mind.

Get Panucci now!

------------------
Forza Lazio

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
We have enough defenders
look
RB: Negro(very good), Gottardi(good enough for minor CL matches or Coppa can also play at LB or in the wings), Lombardo(not particuarly a RB just if someonegets injured)
CD: Nesta(NISM?), Michaijlovic(good enough), Couta(good backup),
LB: Pancaro(can also play as RB), Favalli(i think a very good defender, only now injured)

8 defenders for 8 places is enough, maby buy baronio but he wouldn't get a starting place anyway, so that would be a waste.
I think we don't have to spend our money on
Panucci give him to Roma

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simply can't agree with you!!

When I look at the defense I see two or perhaps three players that are close two worldclass. Nesta, Mihajlovic (Perhaps not as a defender, but we sure need him on the field, so a sweeper suits him perfectly) and Couto. Couto who did terrific games against Chelsea and Juve in Nestas absence, we should really use him more.

Then we have acouple of avarage players that have their moments when they play well, but the moments are way too few. Those are:
Negro, Favalli, Pancaro and Gottardi. All of them are great defenders of course, but improvements can be made to all four of them.

I sure think that our defense is something we need to deal with. I don't think that a top-team should allow four goals in two of the league-games, and five goals in one cup-game.

You can simply compare our defense to Juve's who has this season never allowed more than two goals in the league. Three times they allowed two goals, all other games they allowed one goal or less. This shows class and a consistent well-playing defense.

I say this though I love Lazio, and hates Juve.

Get Panucci now, it's a great chance!

------------------
Forza Lazio

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that buying extreme stars in every positions has been proven more than one time that it is really not good.
Inter proves it every year to me, I don't know you guys... :)

About Panucci, he is probably a very good right defender. But he creates problems, he has done so at Inter and he is now out of the Italian national team, there has to be a reason ...
And I don't want to change a player like Negro for an idiot like Panucci, who might be 0.000001% better than Negro. I rather keep a Laziale like Negro who knows what it means to play for Lazio, in good and bad times. It's the same with Favalli, just because he is not known as a world star and maybe he is not that spectacular when he plays, he should not be underrated.

One thing is sure, Lazio have wing defenders (I am talking about Negro and Favalli) that are very underrated. They play for Lazio, but only because they have suffered with Lazio in the bad years, they are not known as superstars because Lazio was not the top club it has becomed today.

What if they had played for thr Milan that won everything !? What would we say today ?

Forza Lazio's defence

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you Angelo B that we have good defenders but I couldn´t agree with you more Petter, we need to strengthen our defense!!

I was thinking two players: one central defender and one winger. our line-up is good and I think that Miha holds another year but I think we need a world-class Central-def next to Nesta. Offensively Miha is brilliant but defensivly he definetely has weaknesses.

Gootardi and Favalli are in my opinion not good enough to warrant a place in Lazio, although I think we should keep Favalli since left defenders are very hard to find!
we should sell Gottardi.

We need a winfer to cover up for Negro. I mean let´s say Negro gets injured for two months hat do we have to replace him With??!!! Gottardi!!!! for like ten league games and a couple of Champions League games??????!!!! not good enough, we definetely need a better replacement than him!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I mean is that we have good defenders, we do, but whe need even better ones!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are we talking about strengthining our defence?By getting that headcase of Panucci
we would be weakining our defence!!!!NO THANKS!!!!
As far as Gottardi goes,all I can say is
FORZA GUERINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
As all roma fans know,"E' MEGLIO UN GO'TTARDI CHE MAI!!!!!!!!!!"

SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Petter plz. I respect your opinion but Negro is a great defender. He is an Italian international. Why would we buy a new defender where we already have to players that play that position at top class Pancaro and Negro. Pancaro is also in and out of the Italian team and Favalli was in the team at the start of the season. Maybe getting a left back/wing back for next year could help and pancaro could cover for the left and right back. Also one young centre back as cover for mihajlovic could be good but the positions of Netsa and Negro are difinately covered.

As far as i know all we need in the attack is really lopez and maybe 1 more striker

Baronio can come back and maybe a left wing

They are all the changes i believe should/can be made

FORZA LAZIO!
Sorry to disagree with you petter. Also Panucci doesnt even start in Inter. And he probably wont come to Lazio.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Our defenders maybe the second best in Serie A after Juve .... we don't need any replacement here .... but to maintain this defence don't sell Almeyda to Inter ... he is great defence midfielder.

Miha is getting old, and we already have Veron to execute dead balls, so I agree with Juan Veron to replace him (don't have to next season, maybe season after)...

Campbell ? MU will get him ... I think .
How about Favalli-Pancaro-Nesta-Negro ????

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Petter have you seen Panucci play ?? the guy is waaaaay overrated and can´t hold a candle to Negro or Pancaro. The price tag Panucci holds is because he has played with Real and Milan, but after this season with Inter he will certainly be worth much less then he was when he came back to Serie A and exposed his flaws.

Negro is wanted by clubs all over and has played excellent through out the season expect for a couple of bad games.

Nesta, Negro and Couto are our best defenders and odd luck for Couto, Mihajlovic is the best defending playmaker in the world.

Lastly please don´t use the F word in this forum ( Juventus :) ), their style of play makes me sick, the fact that they are the luckiest team in the world this season makes me sick and the fact that they are going to get recognition for their 26th Scudetto makes me sick.

I only pray for a Verona that can perform the way they did when they played us but as Juve´s tremendous luck continues Verona will be without their " playmaker " what´s his name ...... uhhh ?? .. that guy .. morfeo the one that sank us :(

I´m happy with our defense but for next season I would like us to have a backup for pancaro and negro and Gottardi should be sold - he hasn´t been good this season and should make way for a new defender.

I´m also hoping that next season will be the last season with Mihajlovic, I love the guy and he is amazing with his perception of the game and his freekicks/corners/passes are just such a big part of Lazio´s game but for next season I would like us to change a bit of that game and try to have a more solid defense.

Forza Lazio !!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SELL MIHA? I can't belive I read this what the hell is wrong with you people are you on drugs or something little hay?
he is great in attac, greta freekicks, and very good in defence....so why do you want to sell him?
little old? so what
you can't separate players on young and old you have to separate them on good and bad players.get the point?
and he is good what teh hell I am talking he is not good he is GREAT..so stop talking trash like selling him.....

SIAMO SOLI CONTRA TUTTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WATCH OUT LAZIO IS READY TO ROCK!!!!!!

FORZA MIHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIJEKA-HAJDUK: 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

------------------
BIANCOCELSETE
GIRL POWER

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I didn't say that we should sell Miha, we can keep him for another 1 or 2 seasons, but isn't better to have better defence ?

Stop act childish .... we are here not to support one player, but one team .... IF selling Miha is one way to improve our defence, is that wrong ?

I like Boksic and Almeyda, but if both of them have to go next year (that is believed can bring a better team), that's okay .... because I like them but I love Lazio .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts