Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the little Italian is saying that he wants to stay at Villa and not go anywhere else...he is very happy at Villa and thinks that Villa are going to go onto much success!!

Ok. I am now officially bored with this! Sign or don't sign!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Carbone is either off or really crap at showing his emotions. I f he wants to stay then you do not call the club a 'joke'.

E

·
0 Posts
I think he was caught in an emotionall moment, and he called the whole saga a joke....and i agree...

why do we always drag negotiations so far that we ALWAYS loose out? Learn from it Doug..or step back NOW.

The way Carbone has been playing, he can demand what he is asking for. If he wasnt performing, then it would be another matter.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One minute the man is running over to the Holte End to celebrate his goal and kissing the Villa badge...the next he is seemingly slagging us off...who really knows what is happening with the negoations! But I don't think Carbone quite meant what he said to come out like that! He seems to love it at the Villa and Ellis needs to start looking beyond a mid-table mediocracy for the Villa!
We want to be back to our best and recreate the glory days!

UP THE VILLA!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just read this!

England defender Gareth Southagte has leapt to the defence of Benito Carbone, insisting that there is no rift between the under-fire Italian and team-mate Paul Merson.

Newspaper reports claimed that Merson had labelled Carbone ‘greedy’ after allegations that the former Sheffield Wednesday man was demanding £40,000 per week, yet Southgate is adamant that the strike pair are friends as the club prepare for Sunday’s AXA FA Cup semi-final against Bolton.

He told Sky Sports News: “The lads have spoken about it and what’s been said has been said – that’s the end of it. Our minds are on other things now, namely the FA Cup semi-final.

We would love to have Beni here - he’s been exceptional in games for us this season. But as you know players come and go in football and are replaced. If he stays great, but if he goes, we’ll get someone else in – that’s the nature of football.

Merson insists that he did not mean to cause problems between the club, stating: “I just said that the club can’t be held to ransom, but if you can get those kind of wages, then good luck to you. It’s nothing to do with me and maybe I shouldn’t be so honest and keep my mouth shut.

The headline was terrible, but if you read the rest of the story, it was nothing. I’ve apologised for the headline, and apologised to Beni. If he wants to keep sulking, then that’s fine.

Carbone has also hit out at rumours that he is holding Aston Villa to ransom. He said: "I am tired of all these lies about me. I am tired of all this talk. People say I wanted £40,000 a week, which is a lie. I am not being greedy. If people knew the true figures I don't think they would say I am being greedy.

"People are saying I have signed with Fiorentina, which is a lie. People are saying things which are simply made up. All I want to do is win the FA Cup with Aston Villa and sign a new contract which will keep me here for three more years.

"All this is upsetting but I will not let it affect me. In fact I'm using this to give me extra strength and fire against Bolton. I desperately want to play well and help us make it to the Final."

Carbone is out of contract at the end of the season after failing to sign a new contract at the club.

Will it ever end?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
no one wanted him in italy,thats why england bought him.the players that wasnt good enough for italy,are always welcome england.
what a bad league,italian football is always better,no matther what you do.
FORZA ITALY

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Villa is a joke
a big joke

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why nasty nick...why if Villa are such a big joke are you coming on this forum?? Shouldn't you just dismiss us as not worthy of your wonderful presence??

Today it seems that Carbone is perfectly happy at Villa and sees as a ambitious club that is going places...read into that what you will!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts