Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next season we see some new nations (any guesses how many people will join the Dominican Republic?:rolleyes: :D).

Can the HT server really handle much more? We've had numerous problems this season and as much as I'd love to see more natons, the server problems worry me.

Should some nations be limited on the users? Or what other ways would there be to improve speed?

Are the HT owners being greedy (more revenue maybe) or do they just want to make it the most flexible management game on the web?

IMO, if you are going to bring in so many nations, then make it interesting by making a World Club competition. Otherwise I just see more connection problems.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Actually I knew that making a new country with 168 teams or expandig a 16 league to 680 has a load on the server nothing compared when expanding big leagues.. So I don't think we should worry about those countries as much as we see more countries hitting 19k and 27k users

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
if it makes speed worse, then yes no more countries. however i dont think making more countries improves/disimproves speed. just about how many users on hattrick at one time.

which i figured it out to all the supporters on one server since we pay, and the rest on the other cose i am fed up with speed.

anyway, i think they should make a limit of how many players in one coutnry to make a country. wats the use of having like 50 people playing in one country?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
That has to e probably the most debatable argument Swifty. I've thought about it many ways, and still can't decide wether what you just said is true or not.
What leagues would we be talking about here? Taiwan?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I think that it is great that they have added more nations. I cant wait to buy a Cyprian and an Irani :happy: ;) Anyways, I do agree that they should do something about certain leagues only having around 30 users ;) I wouldn't have a clue what though ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
labas said:
That has to e probably the most debatable argument Swifty. I've thought about it many ways, and still can't decide wether what you just said is true or not.
What leagues would we be talking about here? Taiwan?
well i think more countries dont mean bad speed.

more countries mean more server queries, server problems as all it does is take up space.

however, more USERS makes bad speed. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
heres what im hoping will happen. the more users the game gets the more revenue hattrick will get from supporter and advertising and therefore giving them more money to upgrade the server etc. i could be wrong though

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
please do u really think that 128 new users will slow HT down?

no its the expansion of nations from 10K to 20K to 27K

and also its cool that there are new countries makes the game more intresting and begins to build up rivarlies....and it will add more people who will pay supporter.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Lav said:
please do u really think that 128 new users will slow HT down?

no its the expansion of nations from 10K to 20K to 27K

and also its cool that there are new countries makes the game more intresting and begins to build up rivarlies....and it will add more people who will pay supporter.
in the end the amount of users will add up. HT is quite lag free with around 1K-2K users online. however i have been online during the rather "normal" periods, which is in ther western world night time (kinda early 3am here) and BOY IS IT LAGGY. with like 10K + people on, yes lav, it does get very very laggy, very very very laggy to the point where the page doesnt load up and it just screws.

as HT goes on, it shall remain like that, i am fortuantly lucky that i live in australia here my period of HT online is when you guys are a sleeping. :)

trust me, expansion of nations does not lag it down.

just think about it for a second. (just my view bear with me)

this for just easier numbers lets say there is 1000 users on HT,

1000 users lets say there is 10 countries....

...now HT expands the 10 countries to 20 countries...

ok so its still 1000 users but now in 20 countries.

you see? users dont increaes, country increase. country increase = server space since you have to store the country into the system. same as installing a new game into your computer.

:)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
as HT goes on, it shall remain like that, i am fortuantly lucky that i live in australia here my period of HT online is when you guys are a sleeping. :)
Same for me Swift ;) :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
ok i am going to test the ping vs number of users in HT for you to show that more users on HT = lag and countries dont change anything but server space.

no of users: 8095
ping: average 345ms (ms = miliseonds)
packet sent = 4
recieved = 4
lost = 0

i am using a ADSL 512/128

i shall ping it again once the no of users die down. i will TRY to ping it when there is >1000 users.

more pings to come....

edit//

no. of users: 8125
ping: average 357ms

thats getting crazy already

( if anyone plays online games, 357ms = a ping of 357. for example if you ever played Counter Strike, ever had 357 ping? :eek: )

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
More countries equals more fun, and more opportunities for people from all around the world. I hope they don't stop until they have covered absolutely every country in the world. Don't be selfish, if Hattrick never expanded, none of you would be playing it anyway, since it would only be a Swedish game.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's true that there should be a lot of countries and I believe you when you say it won't effect the speed. But my concern is the the owners of HT are adding to problems without sorting out the current ones (from experience not insdie knowledge :D).

I also agree that they should limit the bigger nations.

But to add the fun element as mentioned by Anders; we should have a International club tournement.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
How would it work then Hakan? Only top league clubs against eachother, or all clubs in Hattrick in one huge cup? Which day would it be played one, would we then get to train more players? It sounds nice, but I am not sure that it would work in Hattrick.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
swiftwilly, we're not playing in real time and HT's improved a lot when compared to last season (I log on at all times of the day and night, had DSL and now dial up :stress: ). adding countries is just like adding divisions, HT's gotta expand, you can't limit it cause that'd be just selfish, the only fair reason to limit it would be when the owners income from the game can't cover the expenses of maintain it at an acceptable level.

Orange, they can add a third day of matches (doesn't have to effect training but should effect experience) and figure a way to have continental cups (European Cup, Asian Cup, African Cup, Copa América or CONCACAF Cup) or a limited world cup.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
swift i ahve no clue what a ping is but living in the USA i am online when the bulk of HT is online i have been on with 20000 other people and i never notice it loads up any slower then XT or any other site.

i dunno i think its nice to have more people as it spreads the wonders of HT.

also their servers appear to have been fixed.

Orange

you could have a CL like cup for the top teams of all nations basically think of it like the WC.

it could be done once a week like nats games.
the teams participating would be the winners of all the cups in every nation.

think of it like this
season 1 u win norwegian cup
season 2 instead of playing in the norwegian cup your team is entered into the cup winners cup where all the teams that won domestic cup last season play.
and u stay in there till u lose, just like domestic cup, the exp bonus is same as domestic cup, and there are fees for travelling like in friendlys

its very very doable

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Both partly in Lav's suggestion, and in the HTZine version, it means taking teams out of the national cups. I think that is a bad idea, it would seriously lower the whole competition. The point of it being that you want to be the best in your nation if you win the final.

Continental cups would not make as much sense as in real life, since there are no travel distances here. Just like in the World Cup qualifiers in Hattrick, they don't divide the teams into continents. Having a third match day, the gets extra experience but no training is a possibility. But it would be very risky to get injuries there. If such a day is added, they would have to create a very good system for the cup. Either a Champions League style one, or one where most of Hattrick is involved, but the last version would probably be too big and too difficult.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
ping = just how long it takes for the site to load up. you can understand that cant you lav?

"how long for the site to load up"

ms = miliseconds, i am sure you been to school right? you know one second? this is milisecond.

interesting-

2900 users, ping = 395ms

i dont agree with having contitental cups, smaller countries wont have any competition. where would india play? how about australia? there isnt australia at all, its oceania. so i guess oceania competiion is out since we'll just be versing ourselves :happy:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
ping = just how long it takes for the site to load up. you can understand that cant you lav?

"how long for the site to load up"

ms = miliseconds, i am sure you been to school right? you know one second? this is milisecond.

nice sarcasm.....:groan:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts