Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Chelsea have to wait for JFH
2. JFH left off Dutch squad!!!

from soccernet
Chelsea have to wait for Jimmy
By Steve Stammers
The £14 million transfer of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to Chelsea will not be finalised for at least a month.

Chelsea's managing director Colin Hutchinson confirmed the club were on the verge of smashing their transfer record but it will not be completed until after Euro 2000.

When the deal with Atletico Madrid finally goes through it will be the second biggest in British history behind Alan Shearer's £15m move from Blackburn to Newcasle.

Hasselbaink is at the Dutch training camp in Switzerland and Hutchinson said today from his holiday base in the Middle East: 'It is not yet finalised because of Jimmy being with the Dutch squad.

'It could be a month or so before it is all done and dusted.'

The news must cast further doubt on the future of Chris Sutton at Stamford Bridge.

Sutton was signed for £10m last summer but failed to make an impact, scoring only three goals all season.

It means the club will probably offload Sutton for a fee of around £8m and Tottenham may yet look to the former Blackburn and Norwich striker to partner their £11m Ukrainian signing Sergei Rebrov.

It is no secret that Spurs manager George Graham wants to sign another front man and he has long been a fan of Sutton.

He tried to sign him from Norwich while he was in charge at Arsenal but failed when Blackburn made the player a more lucrative offer.

Tottenham also made an eleventh hour bid to sign Sutton last year but the player had already agreed to go to Chelsea.

Another central defender is also a priority for Graham and he would certainly be interested should Aston Villa decide to sell Ugo Ehiogu.

Hackney-born Ehiogu, who will be 28 in November, appears keen to leave Villa Park.

2. from planet football

JIMMY TALKS OF EURO SHOCKER
by Adam Marshall

JIMMY FLOYD HASSELBAINK has spoken of his shock at being left out of Frank Rijkaard's final 22 for the European Championship finals.

The Atletico Madrid was sensationally axed from the Holland squad, despite a marvellous personal campaign in La Liga for a club that was ultimately relegated from the top flight.

"I didn't expect this, especially with Ruud van Nistelrooy injured," said Hasselbaink. "But I had a good conversation with Frank Rijkaard and he told me I was only regarded as a central striker, and that was my problem."

Barcelona defender Winston Bogarde, who has been carrying a couple of injuries, and Andre Ooijer, the PSV left back, were also excluded when Rijkaard decided upon his final party.

Rijkaard offered his own explanation, saying:"Bogarde was the easiest to leave out because he wasn't fit. I have given them my reasons but it's all about putting them into a place on the field and there are two players for every position.

"Hasselbaink lost out to Roy Makaay because Makaay is multi-functional, and showed in Servette how clever a footballer he is."

Makaay played on the left during the 4-0 warm-up victory, and, although Hasselbaink scored, he was said to be looking lethargic and was caught off-side on a number of occasions.

The former Leeds man will at least have the consolation of being able to seal his £14 million move to Chelsea over the next couple of weeks, as he is poised to become the highest paid player in The Premiership.

·
THE
14,087 Posts
Ouch
But..
I am not an expert of Ducht football, but has he ever proved himself in national team?
Anyway, for us it means that, now he is mentally crushed, has emotional scars and will lose his ability to score. :(

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Heh, I just finished reading about Hasselbiank sucking so much in the Dutch Forum. So to answer your questions about him not being picked: It wasn't a big surprise he sucks for the Oranje.

And kat I hope you are dead wrong about him not being able to score. But than again that's typical Blues luck with the strikers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts