Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Italy crashing out, will Trap be hated even more now for not picking Baggio or will he just be hated for stupid tactics and substitutions? Certainly, Italy was weak in the midfield and lack a creative prescence there and certainly Baggio supporters will say that Baggio could have been that playmaker. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Being a huge Baggio supporter, I can speak for many by saying we were happy he wasn't on the team in this WC disaster. We couldn't bear to have Baggio on a misguided "team" if you want to call it a team. It takes 11 players to make a team and a coaching staff to guide them. Well, we know what happened. Having Baggio there would not have been a good idea. THANK GOODNESS HE WASN"T!!! We liked him right where he was, someplace warm and having a good laugh at this cup. Yes, he is "the playmaker" and if Italy had the right coach and picked the right players, Italy would have won the WC. We however, as Baggio fans don't think about that much anymore. That's old and tiring.

Our main concern as Baggio fans is not about the WC (that pretty much ended when he was not picked), but where will he be when serie A begins and will he play or retire.

FORZA ROBY!!!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Picking Baggio would have made as much sense as picking Delvecchio. I was for picking Baggio before the world cup, but seeing Traps coaching during the world cup, i had second thoughts. Baggio will never have suited the coaches tactis, as the attackers barely played. The only players who had decent playing time were Totti and Vieri. Baggio would have just rotted on the bench, and Trap thought for that job DelVecchio suited the most.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They should have played these attackers :

Totti Vieri
Baggio

or

Baggio Vieri
Totti

or

Baggio Motella
Totti

or

Totti Montella
Baggio

But they didn't so be it:depress:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
As we had seen, Totti couldnt carry it on his shoulders. The attacking part, I mean. He was either too desperate or too frustrated.

Baggio in this case will not be as panicky and plays with his mind. When Baggio is ON the field, I have all the confidence in him to hold the ball up there and passes when necessary to make a huge difference. And yes, some of u are right, Trap could just bench him the whole time if Roby was there.

None of them, none of them has the stable+winning mentality for this big matches apart from Vieri, Nesta, Montella.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts