Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided it was time for round two. Playing the demo of cm0304 a few months back I compiled a decent list of bugs in the game. Some of those have been ironed out, some are still there. But now that I've played the game a little, I have more complaints. Most of all the game is not polished. They have decided to include a lot of new features but many of these don't work too well. Some of the basic stuff also doesn't work.

:: Player histories
I played like 10 seasons with River Plate, at one point the histories of all my players would just vanish. There was 2002-03 (the season before I started) and the current season. All the ones in between had disappeared with just one entry in their place 2011-12, where all the values were empty. Players that had played for River under me also had this history. Still have the savegame if you want proof.

:: Penalties
Everytime there's a penalty, the outcome is known before the shot is fired. Either I gotta wait several seconds before the shot comes (in which case it's always a miss) or it comes right away and the player scores. Also, have you ever tried watching a penalty shootout on the 2d screen? It's brutal, the time they make you wait before and after each shot feels like eternity. Why??

:: Contracts
First of all, the wage demands are sometimes ludicrous. I've had a player making £600 a week at a Serie C2 club ask for a raise in the region of £10k. That's insane. Moreover, the contract system is very irregular. When you sign a coach who is also a player (still to retire), you automatically see his name come up in your squad (even though the contract says he's a coach, not a player). This guy is contracted as a coach but I can select him for matches. Also, I have once signed up Salas for a new contract before he retired (while he's still a player I can offer him a much higher wage as player/coach), somehow he ended up being a "Manager" for River Plate, even though I was the manager and I don't know what his title was all about. The there was Ortega, player/assistant manager. He was set to retire before I made him assistant. I tried talking him out of it but to no avail. He was 32 then. I don't remember him changing his mind on his own (don't recall a message like that) but somehow he went on playing for many more years (until 36 at least). How did that happen?

:: Co-ownerships
Can someone please explain to me the conditions for when you can bid for a co-ownership? The option is there on the screen but 90% of the time it's grayed out. So far I gather that the transfer window must be open, the player must be contracted to just one club and can't be on loan. But there are lots of players who fulfil those conditions and yet very few are available for co-ownership deals.

:: Transfer values
The transfer values can be insane sometimes, the most obvious thing about this situation is how unbalanced the game is. Most of the time your players are valued fairly reasonable and you'll be lucky to recoup that amount when you sell them. But there are also those worth so much more, right out of the blue. It's not that the overall valuation is so much higher than in the real world (which it is), it's also very skewed. CM used to be good at this, but now what? Why is Aimar valued at €45m and Riquelme at €12m? It's also that certain young players are way overvalued. Who in their right mind would value Gasbarroni at €10m?? A good prospect, potentially an Azzurri winger of some class but he's 20 and hasn't even played in Serie A yet!! It's one thing to pay that money when you desperately want him but for CM to value him at 10 grand is ridiculous. In that vain, can someone tell me why Julis Aghahowa is valued at €12m?

:: Number assignment
When you assign sqaud numbers to your players, Sigames would be hard pressed to find a less convenient way to do this. This is a fine example of an unfinished feature. There is no bar of numbers like there was in CM3, in fact there is no way to give the player you want a specific number because you can't select the number in any way, you can only drag it from another player. If a number is not in use and you click on a player with no number, that number will come up. This of course happens sequentially but if you want to reserve #8 for Gattuso who is set to join next month, you have to assign #8 to someone else, then finish your selection and finally vacate #8 to make it available later.

:: Slow turns
There are certain things that take a lot longer than others, this interrupts the flow of the game and makes it feel sluggish. If you're playing a game and you want to make a tactical change, it takes a fair amount of time before the tactics screen comes up. Once you're done with your changes and want to go back to the game, CM "saves" these changes for a very long time (what the hell is going on??). Also when playing a game, you spot the opposition striker and you want to look at his profile. The profile pops up right away but when you want to go back to the game again, you again encounter this we're-making-you-wait feature.

:: Hiring staff
I was playig with Parma the other day and after my first season all (!!!) of my staff had their contracts expire. I checked with the data editor and their expiry dates are not set. Why on earth would all the contracts expire after the first season? To make matters worse, none of the coaches wanted to re-sign. "It would take a very large offer for him to consider Parma." And these are coaches that still worked for the club. And suddenly they want out, not one of them, all. Now where is the logic in that? So I go looking for new coaches and I have that dull long list of them. Now there is no way for me to know who is interested and who isn't. Obviously I can rule out those at Juve, Milan etc, I scroll down and there are tons of coaches ranked as "Good". Since there is no way to filter out "unrealistic targets" or staff "not interested", I have to actually offer contracts to each one to find out if they want to sign. The same goes for players but at least I have the filters. Keep in mind that if you have a slow computer, going back and forth between the staff profiles and the long list of staff on the search screen each time is going to slow you down a lot.

I always kick myself for forgetting to mention things I've thought about but for now I'm out. I know there's more but nothing else comes to mind presently.

·
Registered
460 Posts
reagrding the numbers thing, I noticed the opposition players having the cool 77 or 99 jersey nos. but I can't do that. The number that I assign must be the next available number to me.

Is there a way to fix this ?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Actually it is possible to assign which ever number you want to, by right clicking. ;)

I'll take a look at some of these complaints, and then add some of my own:

Player histories

I had the same bug occur in one of my save games. Fortunately I had taken backup, so I just loaded that backed up file instead, and everything was fine after that. Personally I wouldv'e probably stopped playing that particular game, had I not taken backup, and not been able to go back to the game, without player histories being messed up.

But this occured while I was messing around in the editor, I did not edit anything though. I was just checking around different Brazilian clubs attendance values (because they seem to be unrealistic in the game, I have yet to see a Brazilian club with 50 000+ in average attendance, and surely this can't be right, as I believe that most of the clubs probably draws around 70K people to their home games, this is only an assumption though).

To be able to load the database, I offcourse had to modify the attribute settings of the db files. And I might have been saving the game at the same time. So this might have caused the problem, as I have not encountered it again. And this happened a season ago.

I really don't know for sure though, as others have also encountered this problem, so its hard to say what the cause of the problem is.

Penalties

I have not paid that much attention to it, as I usually get bored of waiting for the player to shoot, so I switch to something else. But when thinking about it, what you are saying, sounds about right.

I have also noticed that the Penalty Taking value doesn't have that much to say, as I have a couple of players with 20 in Penalty Taking, but they only score on every fifth penalty or so. And I have another player, who has 12 in Penalty Taking, and he scores 7 to 8 out of 10 penalties.

And yes, the penalty shootout is brutal.

Co-ownerships

I absolutely agree, the Co-ownership feature doesn't work at all. I have never been able to make co-ownership bids for any player. The only time I've seen this feature work, is when the players that were already co-owned at the beginning of the game, had to get their co-ownership sorted out. Obviously SI have done a lousy job here. They have promised something, but not delievered it at all.

Hiring staff

I had the same thing occur at Inter, and the only way I could hire those people back, was to wait until their contracts expired, and then watch them leave the club, before finally being able to make them sign new contracts.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
You are absolutely right, we do tend to forget that the earlier CM3 versions were not perfect neither. And the speed issue is also one of the main reasons why people don't like CM 03/04, but the thing is, when we currently play the later versions of CM3, we are playing yesterdays games on todays machines.

I tired playing 00/01 on my old Laptop a couple of days ago, and it was as "slow" as 03/04. My old Laptop has a P3 450 MHz processor and 320MB RAM, which is not bad at all. But still the game would only run on a decent speed. Actually on almost the same speed as 03/04 runs on my current PC, which has a 2.53 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM. Which should prove that maybe CM3 wasn't that fast until we updated our own PC's.

Sure it will always be faster then 03/04, because it didn't have the 2D match engine, but personally I wouldn't change out the 2D match engine with some speed, as the 2D match engine has taken the game to the next level. Especially in 03/04, where it is far better then it was in CM4.

I still have a complaint though, but since I have not played with a lower leauge team in Europe, I really can't back this one up as much as I could in CM4. But the thing is that I really hate how one has to ask the board to expand the stadium continuously before they finally agrees to do that.

It should have been mandatory expansions for all the top European leagues atleast. As there is no way an Italian Serie A or Spanish Primera Liga team would be able to play their home matches on a 3-4000 non seater stadium.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And another thing...

:: Inquiring for a player
When I ask a club how much they want for a player, that is because I want to have an idea of what he would cost. It is NOT because I want to buy him no matter what they tell me. So it's very annoying that whenever I inquire about a player and they tell me a number, I am forced to respond to them. If I then don't want to follow up on my inquiry, I have to "cancel" the offer. Cancelling something that doesn't exist is illogical. The same goes for negotiating contracts, when a contract is rejected by a player of mine, I *have to* re-negotiate, the game won't let me just move on. Again, I click on the button and have to "cancel" the offer. Same logical error.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...and another thing.

:: Spanish clubs and the non-EU quota
I have played with River Plate and Parma altogether for about 12 seasons. In that period I have not once received a transfer offer from a Spanish deal which was legitimate. Every friggin time I get a transfer set up, the deal is about to go through, I hear that the deal is off because the interested club already filled up their non-EU quota. How dumb is this feature?

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:: Awards
It's always ridiculous the players that get the awards, isn't it? Guess who this time. Manuele Blasi of Juventus, 24, worth a whopping €23m with an average rating of just under 8. Gimme a break already.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
The transfer system is problematic. Sometimes clubs are willing to sell their players at rediculously low prices, but most of the time they greatly overvalue them. Conversely, it is very difficult to sell players for a profit, and most of the time the other clubs won't even accept them for free.

Other clubs are also in the habit of scheduling transfers they cannot complete. I've had it happen several times that transfers fell through because the other club could not afford the transfer, had too many non-EU players, or had made too many non-EU transfers.

Furthermore, the situation with the coaching staff is driving me nuts. Besides my assistant manager, I'm down to two coaches, two physios, and three scouts. Every time I try to sign someone half-way decent, they reject my offer. It is not a matter of reputation either, because the same thing happened to me in my Milan game.

Finally, I think the training system is screwed up. When I custom-designed a regime for myself that was nicely balanced between all areas and was intensive, the players' attributes declined. When I reverted to the default regime, which is very weak, the players suddenly started to improve.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:: Serie C Cup
I'll go out on a limb here because I don't know exactly how this cup works but I found it rather unorthodox how they conducted the final. My team San Marino made the final to be played against Ascoli. The final has two legs. In the first leg at home, it ended in a goalless draw. Then there was extra time and a penalty shootout which I won. But then there was the 2nd leg which ended 1-1 and my team won the cup. If there's a penalty shootout at the end of the first game, what exactly is the point of playing another leg? :confused:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
This sounds like a bug, because that cup is supposed to be played over two legs, just like the Italian Cup. So if the first match ends in a draw, its not supposed to go over to extra time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts