Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I read from a website that says Moratti suggested resigning Baggio and then loan him out to Reggina. I find it quite impossible, what do you think? Why would Moratti want to do that? Baggio is not a young player.
Anyway, Baggio has once again said that he would not like to leave Italy.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I think that this is a lie. Loaning out a player at Baggio's age would be a total insult, Moratti would never do that.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason I see them doing this for is that when the Greatest Footballer decides to retire it will be under the inter management. And maybe bring him to the front office.
That is just my personal theory.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
There's been many reports that Baggio's going to Reggina and given his preference for an Italian club I think that this is likely. If so, all the best to them both. Reggina's first time in Seria A was last year and they managed to finish mid-table, but they lost key players at the end of the season (Baronio, Kallon, Pirlo). Baggio's real concern is playing time to wind down his playing career on high note. The real mystery is why Moratti is willing to underwrite this venture (from what I've heard if the Reggina deal goes through the bulk of Baggio's salary will continue to be payed by Inter) but maybe a future coaching job is in mind.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Baggio to coach the Azzuri!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
baggio is still a great player but if he stays with inter the scenario will start all over again

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
He wont resign with Inter/and he claims he wants to stay in italia/ apparently Vicenza has backed out in signing him and I heard from sources in Italia that Udinese along with Reggina are very interested to sign him..If Udinese are interested I think he should go their:

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Baggio contract with Inter has already expired!

Just would like to reinstate that Baggio is no longer with Inter. Looks like some of the fellow posters are of the wrong impression.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
It s interesting.

But not likely

What ismore likely is that he will eventually be part of the INTER set up like Giancinto Fachetti. Imagine Fachetti and Baggio as part of the INTER staff....wow!!!!!!! two all time greats at INTER for life....COOL huh?

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Roberto Baggio is tempted with Udinese's offer :)

And he still plans to make an effort to be part of the WC 2002 team :eek:

He'll have to make a really big effort ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Dear friends actually Moratti suggested the resigning-loan of Baggio but that is because he want him in the training stuff...Just as Mancini for Lazio.
But Baggio revealed that he want to play in World cup 2002
and he is hoping to find his place with Trapatoni's squad..
That's all.. I hope baggio joins Udinese to play along with FIORE...

FORZA AZZURI
FORZA BAGGIO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts