Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moratti blasts Inter flops Wednesday 22 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter President Massimo Moratti has laid the blame for their last day Scudetto collapse on the players.

The Nerazzurri blew their chance of winning their first title for 13 years after they failed to win against Lazio – finally losing that game 4-2.

"For the first time I would like to say publicly that the players are totally responsible for the events on May 5," he said.

"In the most decisive game of the season they didn’t express what was asked of them and this was deeply disappointing.

"As a President I have always accepted my responsibilities but I can’t this time. If I watch that game again I have the desire to just sell all of the players, even if throughout the season we did do well."

Although Moratti said he thought boss Hector Cuper had made mistakes, he cleared the Argentine of any blame for the defeat in the capital.

"Cuper could have made a few errors during the season but I don’t really want to comment any further on that seeing as it was his first term in Italy. He took us to the last game of the season but then it was out of his hands," he added.

The millionaire oil baron also refused claims that he was in talks with Milan over a possible swap deal involving Christian Vieri and Andriy Shevchenko.

"Talk that we were preparing to exchange Vieri for Shevchenko is simply an invention," Moratti continued.

"Milan and Inter are two sides of the tallest order and their attacks are not departments that they need changing for the new campaign.

"I have no announcements to make about the transfer market. Voices continue to state that we have already signed Alessandro Nesta from Lazio but that is not true either."

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moratti Slams Players After Title Collapse

Players totally to blame (AP)

05/22/2002. Inter president Massimo Moratti has publicly blasted the way his players collapsed to Lazio on the final game of the season.

The Nerazzurri only had to win in the Stadio Olimpico to seal their first title for 13 years, but were beaten 4-2 and had to settle for third place.

"I would like to say for the first time publicly that the players are totally responsible for what happened on May 5," he said.

"It was deeply disappointing that they didn't express what was asked of them in the most decisive game of the season.

"If I was to watch that game again I would have the desire just to sell all the players, even if they did well throughout the season."

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
LOL what a dumbass, why does a guy like him get involved in football in the first place.
Maybe he should buy a new coach, as well as a whole new starting eleven like he usually does before everey season
:eek:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Gollum said:
LOL what a dumbass, why does a guy like him get involved in football in the first place.
Maybe he should buy a new coach, as well as a whole new starting eleven like he usually does before everey season
:eek:
LOL!!!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.